Who has found the best wipers ?

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
My 19 Rubicon has some self destructing wiper blades. Obviously I’m not gonna put stock ones back on. What brands have you used and more importantly, which ones do you like ? I tried Siliblades on my JK. The blade was good, but the hardware was crap. Just looking for some opinions and options.
Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I'm using some Rain-X ones now that self-apply the stuff, though I do also apply it the old way. It is a beam style blade, and the previous ones lasted about a year for me in New Jersey. Moderate rain/snow/ice, not to much dirt/sand/mud.

One of them arrived a bit bent, and left a bare patxh, but over a few weeks slowly conformed to the windshield and is fine now.

Rain-X seems to wash off faster on the Wrangler than any other automobile I've used it on. But the jeep is a square, and exposed to harsher elements than any other auto I've had also, so your milage may vary.

Only problem is that they don't seem to make refills anymore; you change the entire assembly each time. Supremely wasteful, but many manufacturers seem to be going this route. I'm looking for refillable ones.

Not Rain-X brand, but they make silicone ones now, which supposedly naturally leave a hydrophobic layer on the glass, and you can get refills for them. I got one for the rear, and you just reminded me to put it on tomorrow. I didn't want to scrape it up on all the snow and ice we got this winter.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
PIAA lasted the longest for me. They worked great for over a year.

I have Trico Force blades on my F150. They started streaking after a couple months, so I soaked them in 303 like I saw on YouTube. It really worked and they still wipe very well after more than a year.

I’ve had several sets of Icons. They just aren’t as good as they used to be. Sun baked bugs will ruin then and cause then to leave streaks.

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I agree with little dog, RainX is the way to go. On the highway, I don't even use the wipers.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Bosch ICON 16A's (Front)
Mopar 68362105AA (Rear)

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Bosch for me, but have also used RainX with success in the past

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I use Rain-X. But, I have found that no matter how expensive the wiper blade, they all seem to degrade within 1 1/2 - 2 years anyway.

JeepinPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR, '95 Land Cruiser
Bosch evolution 4816. Work as well as their icons, but half the price.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I use Rain-X. But, I have found that no matter how expensive the wiper blade, they all seem to degrade within 1 1/2 - 2 years anyway.
Really depends on how much dirt is mixed in with the water. If you're regularly wiping off mud you'll wear them right out no matter how good they are.
Sponsored