Sponsored

Who got their Vin Numbers on a 2019 JL?

jeepin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
ordered on 10/10 too, no ETA on ship date. Have you guys try to change the color after you placed an order? I tried to request a color change a week after and still no update.
No info regarding the color change but it is my understanding if it is in D1 status no changes could be made. I ordered 10/10 as well and was in D1 within a few days
Sponsored

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
I've seen the 11/5 start thing a couple times now - maybe it's rumor, maybe not.

As I ordered a Sky One Touch, I've been watching that thread. There are still colors that have not started production as 2018 model year yet, and isn't tomorrow supposed to be the last day of assembly before 2019's start rolling?

I agree there's no reason you can't build both, same vehicle, but man that's like taking a big old dump on your customers that have been waiting for 6 months+
Job 1 (first production '19) is scheduled for Monday. It does not mean remaining '18's can't be going down the line at the same time. There is no holy grail moment when the '18s cease and the '19s begin. It is far more important from a production/business standpoint to keep the line at or near capacity at all times.

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I've asked 3 people today, no one has any idea when we're going to the 19's. They did cancel work this Sunday with out an explanation. So maybe their going to get the lines ready to run the 19's. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I hear something official. Not reporting rumors.

Austin TX Jeep Rubicon

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lawyer
I've asked 3 people today, no one has any idea when we're going to the 19's. They did cancel work this Sunday with out an explanation. So maybe their going to get the lines ready to run the 19's. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I hear something official. Not reporting rumors.
Appreciate the update!

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Also, no we can't build both 18&19 model years together.

Sponsored

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
Well then, depending on how many ‘18s have yet to be completed, it may be awhile before the ‘19s appear on the line.
Which negates the other comment above about the Sunday shutdown...If the '18's are not built out, then they wouldn't be cutting over to the '19's on Sunday.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Hopefully the 19's start rolling soon, the 3.6 in my 15 just bit the dust with only 60,000km on it :(

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it normal to come in one morning and you're building the next year without any notice?
What do you expect, a marching band?
It is a serial number change...Thats it.

Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
What do you expect, a marching band?
It is a serial number change...Thats it.
A new engine is coming as well as there being features on the 19 not available on the 18. It may be minor it may not, but its not just a serial number change. There has to be some sort of onboarding process.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
I just got this information from Jeep Chat regarding my 2019 Rubicon 3.6L Manual FYI:

Mitchell
Alright it looks like we are in the pre-production stages, We have now gathered all of the vehicle materials and are waiting to start assembly.

4:01:30 PM
Me
Oh okay, thank you very much for the update. Any idea how long it takes to "start assembly"? =)

4:02:01 PM
Mitchell
My pleasure! It looks like we started on this process here today, most vehicles move on around the second week but it can take 30 days to complete. That being said the 2019 Production is set to start in the next few days here so we should see some movement on the line soon!

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A new engine is coming as well as there being features on the 19 not available on the 18. It may be minor it may not, but its not just a serial number change. There has to be some sort of onboarding process.
Trust me, yes it is. The engine, regardless of what powerplant used , present or future, has its own designation in the VIN (eight digit from the left)

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Do you mind sharing what happened?
Not sure yet, was chasing cam codes all summer. Went to Drummond island last weekend and started getting real bad valve tick, oil pressure light coming on and now it’s miss firing and chewing up antifreeze. Head is cracked by my guess, it goes in Tuesday so hopefully it gets fixed under warranty
Sponsored