Sponsored

Who folds their back seats down, and why?

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
We rarely have anyone in the rear seat so it is folded up almost all of the time. With the rear seat up there is ample room to carry our fishing and photography gear.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Down almost 100% of the time. Dogs. Also the seats stay incredibly clean from dust wheeling with the top off. I do hate loosing the backseat floor space, but love that they lay completely flat.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
When I'm making parts runs I do.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who folds their back seats down, and why? PXL_20210731_010304146
Are you one of those people who brags about having a manual transmission in your Jeep?

My back seats are pretty much 50/50. I like to have them up even though I almost never have someone riding in the back seat so I fold them up whenever I think about it. I fold them down when I need the back space and then they will stay down until I get tired of it and put them back up.

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
I plan on removing the back seats altogether and installing a deck with deck door accesses for recovery gear storage. Something similar to what cheaper jeeper on YouTube did. Currently, the seats are folded down.
I rarely had a third passenger, so it makes sense to be more versatile for camping or home Depot runs.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Are you one of those people who brags about having a manual transmission in your Jeep?
I try to avoid it. I have a Jeep with a manual and one without. So I can brag but I can't at the same time.

My back seats are pretty much 50/50. I like to have them up even though I almost never have someone riding in the back seat so I fold them up whenever I think about it. I fold them down when I need the back space and then they will stay down until I get tired of it and put them back up.
Same here. My seats go up and down as I need them to.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I try to avoid it. I have a Jeep with a manual and one without. So I can brag but I can't at the same time.
I was kind of kidding since irregardless of what was connected to the engine, you DID have a manual transmission somewhere in the Jeep. My DD for the past 11 years has a 6-speed but I didn't want to be on Black Bear Pass trying to juggle a third pedal so I bought automatic.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I was kind of kidding since irregardless of what was connected to the engine, you DID have a manual transmission somewhere in the Jeep. My DD for the past 11 years has a 6-speed but I didn't want to be on Black Bear Pass trying to juggle a third pedal so I bought automatic.
That's not as hard as you might think. #notbragging

Sponsored

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep JL, 86 K 30 cucv, F Toy buggy # 20
Occupation
retired Vietnam vet
took my back seat out when i first got the jeep and put in a slipstream security cover. i don't miss it at all.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
99.9% of the time it is down so that the pup can wonder back there. It’s just him and I in the Jeep so he basically owns the back.

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Unless I need to carry something large, I keep them up. Dog has the backseat to herself so she can drool on the sides of the jeep from both windows for maximum coverage. My bag and whatever work stuff I need goes into the back.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
So I'm nearly 18K miles in and haven't yet tried to fold down the back seats; until today. Driver's side folded down incredibly easily; practically effortless. The passenger side... won't budge at all. Pulling up on the handle I can hear (and see) the mechanism working that allows it to fold but it won't move at all. Anyone else experienced this?