Sponsored

Who folds their back seats down, and why?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Well I'm one of them. I keep the rear seat folded up most of the time. Just very handy for my daily errands and such to throw things in the back. The seat folds up and down so easily it's no inconvenience at all.

Yup! And us 2-door Jeeper's are the coolest kids :rock:
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Well I'm one of them. I keep the rear seat folded up most of the time. Just very handy for my daily errands and such to throw things in the back. The seat folds up and down so easily it's no inconvenience at all.
Same. My 2dr rear seat is almost always folded so that I can fit stuff when I run errands. When kids want to ride it gets put back to upright position.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

What back seat? Took mine out and put them in the garage. I love the extra space it gives me for trips. Best thing I’ve done

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
So I'm fully committed to this idea how. I'm assembling the components onto two steel plates, with a high flow quick disconnect on the air and a pair of electrical connectors on the wires. I should be able to unhook and remove the whole OBA setup if I ever really need to fold the seats down, although I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to unbolt the seat to get this stuff situated under there.

Instead of going wheeling in the mud in the rain, which was really tempting, I ended up spending a ridiculous number of hours making two cuts in a heavy steel plate I happened to have. I'm too stupid to get my cutting torch adjusted correctly, my bandsaw won't touch anything that wide, so I did it with a chop saw. Ugh. I still smell abrasive smoke many hours and a shower later.

Sponsored

gweber

First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
I got a 2 door and like the ability to haul more than a loaf of Daves Killer Bread so my seat has been removed.

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
So I got the tank fitted out with all the stuff that screws in, and there is no way in hell this is going to fit under the seat. I was trying to avoid spending ~$700 on the ARB dual compresso setup with a bracket. The Viair system is well made and was less than half that. I was smart, I thought.

So I finally just broke down and ordered the Hauk M.U.L.E. to mount the tank under the Jeep, and with extra fittings and random crap, I'm into it $700, and I still can't inflate my tires until I get all of this shit sorted out.

Oh yeah, the original plan was to mount where the muffler used to be. Except I didn't realize there was a gas tank there. Because I'm stupid.

So to make a long story short, I guess at least I will still be able to fold my rear seats.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Camping with my buddies San kids… or lugging home big purchases happen 2-3 times a year..

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are always folded down.... even thinking about getting a large fridge

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
Mine stay down 100% of the time. It's just my wife & I and no kids. I do have the dogs in the car every weekend going to the park etc. I have a Weathertech cargo mat and a canvas dog cover that protects the remainder of the black carpet from dog hair. I love it. I just open the tailgate & doors from time to time & go in with my blower to blow out dog hair etc.

Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
all the time, surfboards and wakeboards and the like

tldolphin7777

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl, 2018 jl
I fold mine down to carry stuff. I agree it holds almost as much as my truck did.

Zukoda

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Mine stay down except for the very rare occasion when I have a third person in the jeep. Love the utility of the cargo area.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Id say 50/50 here. Either shuttling the kids around or carrying crap where the seats need to be down. Its both, all the time.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
2dr, seat removed and stored pretty much since new. No use for it, like the space back there without it.
Sponsored