Sponsored

Who folds their back seats down, and why?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I would be interested in how many 2-door JL owners don't keep their rear seat folded up or removed completely...
Sponsored

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
Mine is stored in a bag on a shelf in the garage.

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
If it were up to me, I’d take the rear seats out all together-​
It's interesting how many people ride with dogs in the back, as opposed to in the back seats. I like the division between the hair generator in her hammock, and the gear I stow on-board semi-permanently. I've got a recovery bag, an ax, a survival shovel, a couple of toolboxes, and still have room to haul my backpack and lunch box for work, or to get groceries if I set those out. The theme I'm running with on the gear I haul for the trail is that it should all be heavy enough not to blow away if I ever have occasion to take the top off. Not so far. Either cold or rainy or nobody is around to help me lift the thing. No garage, no easy way to rig a hoist. I'm still determined to do it at least once though.

I like the idea of using the cargo area like a pickup truck. I don't need a pickup truck with this thing. Yet even after I sell my nice truck, I still have the old beater available, and it's easier to load and unload big stuff from a flatbed anyway.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been down for the past 3 weeks as we move. Soft top has been down too so I just throw a cargo net over everything to keep it from flying away. I made 3 trips with a Home Depot high-sided 5x10 trailer too. Thank goodness for Home Depot since UHaul bans soft tops.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
It's interesting how many people ride with dogs in the back, as opposed to in the back seats. I like the division between the hair generator in her hammock, and the gear I stow on-board semi-permanently.
The wife's 12lb princess rides in the back seat though I have a dog seat cover/hammock. I suspect those with big dogs have the seat down.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
would be interested in how many 2-door JL owners don't keep their rear seat folded up or removed completely...
I believe it's actually a jeep rule when you buy a 2-door to immediately take the seats out and log into a forum to tell everyone how you have no friends so you don't need the space, but somehow you are also cooler than everyone.

/s :rock:

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
I would be interested in how many 2-door JL owners don't keep their rear seat folded up or removed completely...
Have to say, my back seats actually have people in them on occasion. Never had much taste for four door vehicles, and most of my immediate family shares that opinion...and on the occasion that more than two of us want to go somewhere together, my Jeep usually wins out of the collection of two-door vehicles we all own as the easiest to get in/out of, and roomiest once they get in the back.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I believe it's actually a jeep rule when you buy a 2-door to immediately take the seats out and log into a forum to tell everyone how you have no friends so you don't need the space, but somehow you are also cooler than everyone.

/s :rock:
REAL friends have their own vehicle to pull you out when you get stuck.
I believe what you're referring to is called "Human Cargo", which is mostly useless off roading gear. :like:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I believe what you're referring to is called "Human Cargo", which is mostly useless off roading gear. :like:

I kinda like taking 'Human Cargo' along with me...As long as said human cargo is petite, cute and of course of the female persuasion... :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
I spend most of my time driving alone, with some kind of trailer behind me. One time, back when I was riding somewhere in a car with my ex and our then young kids, I pulled over, turned around, and said, "Be freight! Freight does not make noise, and if it wiggles around, I tighten the straps!"

I guess my ex kind of had a point when she said I was an asshole, upon leaving me after 27 years. Well, it is what it is. I'm an asshole with a nice Jeep now. 😁

OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
truck driver
The wife's 12lb princess rides in the back seat though I have a dog seat cover/hammock. I suspect those with big dogs have the seat down.
Foofy is half Great Dane and weighs over 100 lbs. Not exactly a small dog. She would probably like having the run of the entire back area, but then I would have nowhere to store my recovery gear. She rode in the back seat of my super cab truck after she got too old to get all the way into the bed, or when it was really cold out. She doesn't mind being somewhat confined, as long as she has two windows to poke her head out of.

Also, on a side note, dog slobber is impressively hard to clean off of paint. It sticks worse than pine tar.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I would have to take out all my tools and crap from underneath the rear seats to fold them down.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
2 Door JLR here, removed the back seats completely to make room for tools and my spare tire when I go offroading.

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
Well I'm one of them. I keep the rear seat folded up most of the time. Just very handy for my daily errands and such to throw things in the back. The seat folds up and down so easily it's no inconvenience at all.
Sponsored