First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I'm trying to decide between a Titanium Method 316 or a machined alloy wheel like the ProComp 1069. The only thing I don't like about the Procomp is that it's got -6 offset and I'm not looking for negative offset. The Method 316 has 0 offset, if anything I'd rather go with a little bit of positive offset. I'm planning on running 285/70/17 Toyo OC AT3's on them. Anybody know any other manufacturers that build a wheel similar in style to the ProComp? Photo of the ProComp
Jeep Wrangler JL Who else makes this style wheel? 1069-7973-01
Sponsored

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
those are a classic muscle car style
one of the knockoffs was american racing
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-wheels/american-racing-ar62-outlaw-ii

also search for "wrangler gambler wheels" which are similar and were a favorite on jeeps about 15 years ago

fuel makes a "revolver" which is similar, not sure if they come in anything but black
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-wheels/fuel-wheels-revolver

that site has several similar wheels that fit the jeep i see a zero offset and a +1

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I used to run these on my wife's Jeep. I liked the Eagle wheels because the holes were a bit bigger and made the wheel a little bit lighter.

andytoplilblue.jpg

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Mickey Thompson Classic III.
I had them on my last Ram. I got them at Summit Racing who had multiple offset options.

16 01-20 resize.jpg

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
All the ones you posted look great...except they're all -6 or -12 offset. I did happen to find this on Discount Tire's website - G-FX TR-16 - they're available in 0 offset so that would help keep the poke down but they're 9" wide. Not sure if that's too much for a 285-70 tire or not. The other thing is I've never heard of the brand G-FX, a little research shows they're made by Voxx wheels. Don't know much about them either, anyone else heard of them or had experience with them? Price is great, $150 each so that's a plus along with the 0 offset. Only other issue is the hub size. They're listed at 78.1 and I know the JLs are 71.5 so I guess I'd need a filler for the hub?
Jeep Wrangler JL Who else makes this style wheel? wheel

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I've got some people in other areas I've searched telling me that I need negative offset otherwise my tires are going to rub. I thought a stock Sport S didn't have any issues with a 285/70 unless trying something really outrageous. Like I said, I'm trying to minimize or eliminate poke out past the fenders so if what I'm trying to do is a stupid idea please let me know. I value the opinions and experience of all of you here!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
You don’t need negative offset at all. Even a +18 will push your wheels closer to the outside of the fenders.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
All the ones you posted look great...except they're all -6 or -12 offset. I did happen to find this on Discount Tire's website - G-FX TR-16 - they're available in 0 offset so that would help keep the poke down but they're 9" wide. Not sure if that's too much for a 285-70 tire or not. The other thing is I've never heard of the brand G-FX, a little research shows they're made by Voxx wheels. Don't know much about them either, anyone else heard of them or had experience with them? Price is great, $150 each so that's a plus along with the 0 offset. Only other issue is the hub size. They're listed at 78.1 and I know the JLs are 71.5 so I guess I'd need a filler for the hub?
Voxx has been around for a while. Not the most popular brand, but they're not uncommon either. They're more popular in the turner world than trucks and jeeps.
Regarding the rim width, most 285 wide tires have an approved rim width of 7.5" - 9" so you should be okay with that. The approved rim width depends on the tire size and manufacturer, but 9" isn't out of range for something like the KO2 in 285/70/17 so you should have plenty of other options as well.
Regarding the hub size. That's not an issue, you can buy adapters as long as the wheel's bore is larger than the hub size. Look for "hubcentric rings" and specify the size you need. Some places have a variety of common sizes where others can make them specific to your vehicle. I've made them before, they're not overly complicated. They're basically a washer that centers the wheel on the hub. Don't confuse them with wheel spacers though because those will add to the poke.

..... Like I said, I'm trying to minimize or eliminate poke out past the fenders so if what I'm trying to do is a stupid idea please let me know. I value the opinions and experience of all of you here!
No it's not stupid at all, and I don't like poke either. I've bought rims/tires specifically with that in mind on many trucks and my Jeep. What you are trying to do is not the least bit stupid.
I think excessive poke looks tacky, plus it hurts performance (it kills your turning radius). Getting the right rim/tire combo is a pain, but worth the effort when you're done.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
if you are going serious offroading, airing down significantly you might want slightly wider rubber so you are not at the 9" edge of the tire spec for fitment. then you could go a hair taller as well

if you are just doing stock offroad not airing down a bunch you would be ok.

the price is actually better if you are going to go crazy offroading and gouge the hell out of the wheels it's not like spending $250 - $300 per wheel then tearing them up on the first trip

OP
OP
Captain Skip

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Voxx has been around for a while. Not the most popular brand, but they're not uncommon either. They're more popular in the turner world than trucks and jeeps.
Regarding the rim width, most 285 wide tires have an approved rim width of 7.5" - 9" so you should be okay with that. The approved rim width depends on the tire size and manufacturer, but 9" isn't out of range for something like the KO2 in 285/70/17 so you should have plenty of other options as well.
Regarding the hub size. That's not an issue, you can buy adapters as long as the wheel's bore is larger than the hub size. Look for "hubcentric rings" and specify the size you need. Some places have a variety of common sizes where others can make them specific to your vehicle. I've made them before, they're not overly complicated. They're basically a washer that centers the wheel on the hub. Don't confuse them with wheel spacers though because those will add to the poke.

No it's not stupid at all, and I don't like poke either. I've bought rims/tires specifically with that in mind on many trucks and my Jeep. What you are trying to do is not the least bit stupid.
I think excessive poke looks tacky, plus it hurts performance (it kills your turning radius). Getting the right rim/tire combo is a pain, but worth the effort when you're done.
Thanks!!!
Sponsored