Sponsored

Who else is trying to get people interested in JL's?

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I don't actively try to sell anyone on a Jeep. However, I've had quite a few stop me after I park somewhere to ask me about ours. I always take time to answer their questions after I tell them I'm a newbi, and may not know the answer. We stopped at our favorite breakfast place Saturday, and as I parked a lady and her husband walked over. I answered what few questions they had, and went inside. I watched the lady looking, and trying to see inside. So, I walked back out, unlocked the door to let her see. She was quite surprised, and said she may be in the market for a Jeep soon. I certainly don't mind talking with anyone about the Jeep, and I also quite enjoy it.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm just that kind of guy........:angel::)

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Random people talk to me when I’m around my Jeep because it looks cool. But then I get questions about “wind noise” and MPG and blah blah...

Go back to your quiet, comfortable, and boring blob automobiles that all look the same and basically drive themselves...

“Oh, uh, yeah sorry, was lost in thought. It doesn’t have the lane keep assist.”

Sponsored

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Why I am planning on a 2dr.

Still, be nice to have family to go offroading with, ya know
I just traded my 2 door 07 JK for the 4 door JLU Sport S in April. I loved my 2 door - 12 years - getting used to having 4 doors with a lot more cargo room, a bonus, it rides like a car but looks like a jeep. 26 mpg which will change if my rims and tires ever come in.

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve helped a few of my friends go thru the process of getting a jeep (one 2-door and one 4-door) but I wouldn’t say I actually go out and proselytize on the wrangler’s behalf.

The first, who’s actually a member on here (@terrancewifflespoon), had been looking at a wide range of options including trucks and mid-size SUVs. The other day he messaged me on discord and said something like “Dude Jeep is best car” so he seems to like it.

The second is a co-worker of mine who has owned jeeps before and knew he wanted a 4-door so I basically just talked him through the various options of the JL and all that has changed since his last jeep (a JK).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I just traded my 2 door 07 JK for the 4 door JLU Sport S in April. I loved my 2 door - 12 years - getting used to having 4 doors with a lot more cargo room, a bonus, it rides like a car but looks like a jeep. 26 mpg which will change if my rims and tires ever come in.
Rides like a car huh? Now I gotta test drive em both

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Not me. Why would I steer people to an overpriced, archaic suspension'd vehicle that rides and drives worse than just about anything remotely comparable out there? If you want to pop the doors off and actually go offroading sometimes MAYBE. But most people don't. It's a horrible idea for the general public. My wifes fullsize Kia costs less, is way way way nicer inside, has rear air bags, the stereo is great, has millions of features, bluetooth functionality is fast and seamless, heated leather seats, bigger rear seats, flat and easily accessible second row floor, big one piece glass hatch for cargo area that is big, wide and usable, is considerably quicker, rides much better, handles much better, gets better fuel economy, has much better safety ratings, is much quieter inside...the list goes on forever. And again - cheaper in sticker than my sport AND leases better residual wise so lower monthly payments than my Jeep with zero money down as opposed to the 3K on the Jeep. I love my Jeep. I recognize the fact that it is a GIANT compromise in general and that build quality is all around shitty compared to every other car I've owned. I had her test drive a JK manual - she loves manuals - two years ago and she did not like it at all. The first time in 15 years she did not agree with car recommendation and I'm very glad she didn't.

And yeah, I see one literally every minute or two coming the other way regardless of what kind of road I'm on, something I am NOT used to and do not like. The Jeep wave is now nothing but annoying and I purposely avoid eye contact with other drivers because I dont feel like doing a Mickey Mouse at Disney World waving impression the entire time I drive.

All three of my other vehicles are heavily compromised and that's because it's just how I am. But I dont recommend a Wrangler to anyone I know, just like I dont recommend an old lifted pickup with 300K miles, or 50+ year old Suburban, or a 4th gen F-body. I like and own them all and would not tell anyone I didn't hate to buy any of them. But truth be told these things are pretty shitty all around. If i can get involved with some more regular off roading I may consider getting another one or keeping it when the time comes. But something tells me the novelty may have worn off enough that I wont end up doing so.

Sponsored

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S
Not me. Why would I steer people to an overpriced, archaic suspension'd vehicle that rides and drives worse than just about anything remotely comparable out there? If you want to pop the doors off and actually go offroading sometimes MAYBE. But most people don't. It's a horrible idea for the general public. My wifes fullsize Kia costs less, is way way way nicer inside, has rear air bags, the stereo is great, has millions of features, bluetooth functionality is fast and seamless, heated leather seats, bigger rear seats, flat and easily accessible second row floor, big one piece glass hatch for cargo area that is big, wide and usable, is considerably quicker, rides much better, handles much better, gets better fuel economy, has much better safety ratings, is much quieter inside...the list goes on forever. And again - cheaper in sticker than my sport AND leases better residual wise so lower monthly payments than my Jeep with zero money down as opposed to the 3K on the Jeep. I love my Jeep. I recognize the fact that it is a GIANT compromise in general and that build quality is all around shitty compared to every other car I've owned. I had her test drive a JK manual - she loves manuals - two years ago and she did not like it at all. The first time in 15 years she did not agree with car recommendation and I'm very glad she didn't.

And yeah, I see one literally every minute or two coming the other way regardless of what kind of road I'm on, something I am NOT used to and do not like. The Jeep wave is now nothing but annoying and I purposely avoid eye contact with other drivers because I dont feel like doing a Mickey Mouse at Disney World waving impression the entire time I drive.

All three of my other vehicles are heavily compromised and that's because it's just how I am. But I dont recommend a Wrangler to anyone I know, just like I dont recommend an old lifted pickup with 300K miles, or 50+ year old Suburban, or a 4th gen F-body. I like and own them all and would not tell anyone I didn't hate to buy any of them. But truth be told these things are pretty shitty all around. If i can get involved with some more regular off roading I may consider getting another one or keeping it when the time comes. But something tells me the novelty may have worn off enough that I wont end up doing so.
Who hurt you?

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !

I have NO idea what your trying to say.....still scratching my head over this one âť“

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary

Huh? Didn’t you buy one?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I usually steer people away from them. Most of them are idiots.
Sponsored