Sponsored

Who else is trying to get people interested in JL's?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said in another thread, I'm 30, single and I hardly ever use the back row except to throw by backpack and groceries, so why bother with the extra room.

That said, I ever need a 4dr, gonna be a bold color
30 and single? You could certainly use the back row seats for more than just a backpack and some groceries bro.. freaky deaky.. Just a thought LOL
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine for a spinch over a year and prior to, I never paid attention to them on the roads or in my neighborhood. Now I see them much more frequently because I'm looking for them.

I enjoy seeing others' rigs driving by, parked, etc. I admire most setups & mods and I don't mind their popularity.

I've grown accustomed to the wind noise & the ride itself. Much like skinny jeans, it ain't for everyone.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine for a spinch over a year and prior to, I never paid attention to them on the roads or in my neighborhood. Now I see them much more frequently because I'm looking for them.
That's the Baeder-Meinhof principle in action. Add in a dose of confirmation bias and then you start seeing Wranglers everywhere. Are there more? Schmaybe.... but I think it's likely a variety of factors including the aforementioned as well as the prossibility (combination possibility/probability) there are actually some increase in the number of Wranglers out there.

Another factor may be that, while there may not be more total, the JL makes a much more pleasant daily driver so people are actually using them in that way rather than primarily a weekend adventure vehicle.

Baeker Meinhof.jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
That's the Baeder-Meinhof principle in action. Add in a dose of confirmation bias and then you start seeing Wranglers everywhere. Are there more? Schmaybe.... but I think it's likely a variety of factors including the aforementioned as well as the prossibility (combination possibility/probability) there are actually some increase in the number of Wranglers out there.

Another factor may be that, while there may not be more total, the JL makes a much more pleasant daily driver so people are actually using them in that way rather than primarily a weekend adventure vehicle.
You may very well be correct... I'm more conscious of Wranglers now.

*Nice usage of the Baeder-Meinhof effect.

EJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport Altitude
I wish I could get my wife to drive a Jeep then I wouldn't have to shovel the snow as much lol. It's just not her thing and she likes being lower and the feel of a car, I don't get it but to each their own.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I wish I could get my wife to drive a Jeep then I wouldn't have to shovel the snow as much lol. It's just not her thing and she likes being lower and the feel of a car, I don't get it but to each their own.
I can relate, yet as a kid, ALWAYS wanted a Wrangler, so like everything else in life, always an exception

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I feel VERY fortunate that my Wife LOVES the Wrangler. If not for the fact that I don't have the proximity key system she might have claimed it as her daily driver (she hates getting keys out of her purse!). I dodged a bullet by not getting that package!!!

Oh... and she also said it had to be the Rubicon or nothing... I did NOT choose nothing!!! :like:

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
I just tell people to take a test drive. Usually it's pretty polarizing. If they like it, welcome to the family, if not... well, they aren't for everyone and that's a good portion of what makes them so great for those of us that do enjoy them. I certainly don't begrudge anyone that decision on something as financially substantial as these vehicles are.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Do people really need to be sold on a JL? You either love it or you don't.

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
When I told my wife about getting a wrangler, for my DD, she was shocked because all I've had were sedans.

Now she loves how the family (2 boys) can go out on the week and just enjoy nature.

P.S. I got JLU Sahara Punk'n

Sponsored

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
You're over thinking it. Wranglers aren't for everyone. You mentioned that you think someone should get a JL over a Mini convertible. I've owned a Mini convertible and those cars are every bit as fun as driving a Wrangler, just for different reasons. Plus, they are a hell of a lot cheaper. I have to say that I do miss being able to just hit a button to open the top in a few seconds rather than having to pull over.

The Wrangler is a fun car, but it is definitely not for everyone.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
You're over thinking it. Wranglers aren't for everyone. You mentioned that you think someone should get a JL over a Mini convertible. I've owned a Mini convertible and those cars are every bit as fun as driving a Wrangler, just for different reasons. Plus, they are a hell of a lot cheaper. I have to say that I do miss being able to just hit a button to open the top in a few seconds rather than having to pull over.

The Wrangler is a fun car, but it is definitely not for everyone.
True, except I could see me sister eventually loving a JL

My old friend though, he's the kind of guy whose ALWAYS on the hunt, even to the point of being on J-date, tinder and other apps/sites during the middle of the Devil's vs Rangers game (as in, we paid to be there), so for someone like him to get an old woman's car (XT5) instead of a JL and not being using the built in magnet is absurd to me

Other people I find are still waiting for the Bronco

Oh well, if we were all the same, this'd be communism and whenever I hear of that...
4e1344e00323e5f5ab71414cc40b3dc1.jpg

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
I don't care what others drive as long as their mistakes don't impact me.
There was not much for me to choose from new since my criteria included - BoF, rear locker, rear fold flat, moon roof.

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

I guess I kind of discourage it. We've had five. While driving yesterday my wife mentioned how many are on the road nowadays. Not in a positive way.
People are always asking questions at the mall or grocery store about ours (nothing special).
I tell them the ride is ruff, bad gas mileage, lots of wind noise, sit too high, computer issues, etc.
Some seem confused as they turn away...
Talk about Debbie Downer