Sponsored

Who else is trying to get people interested in JL's?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
  • Banned
Not ready to buy just yet, but the more I think about it, more I don't see why my friends and family shouldn't get their own.

General consensus here is they're just fun overall, especially with the tops and doors off and I see what my friends and family are talking about like "...why??"

My one friend had no idea they're coming out with Diesels at the end of the year, my sister drives an RDX, and yet would love a Mini convertible (so a Bikini Sahara 2.0t would be ideal) and in general, between the doors, engines, transmissions and tops, there's a Jeep for everyone!

Maybe it's just me and I'm looking too deep into all this, but I feel that since it's not the JK and it's more approachable by the masses who like "nice cars", they'd like it if they really got to drive
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Everyone in my immediate family (starting with my dad) have been Jeep fans for a long time. My brother bought a beat up TJ a few years ago and my sister drives a Compass, but other than that none of us have had the means or right life circumstances to have a nice Wrangler. The look on the old man's face when I rolled up with my JLU was seriously priceless! He hinted toward wanting to take it for a spin, so of course I tossed him the fob. He was truly depressed that he had just bought a brand new Durango for his DD like 2 months before that, he said something along the lines of "if I knew the Wranglers were actually decent on-road and comfortable to ride in like this there's no question I would have bought one."

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My wife, who was NOT a Jeep fan when I had my TJ, fell in love with the JL when she drove it. It didn't take much convincing. Now she is planning her purchase.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I guess I kind of discourage it. We've had five. While driving yesterday my wife mentioned how many are on the road nowadays. Not in a positive way.
People are always asking questions at the mall or grocery store about ours (nothing special).
I tell them the ride is ruff, bad gas mileage, lots of wind noise, sit too high, computer issues, etc.
Some seem confused as they turn away...

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I liked being in a semi-exclusive club. But now it’s about every 10th car I see. I’m starting to feel bad when I miss waving. But when you see 30+ on your commute- it’s more like a job.

It’s cool that others find the joy I have... but maybe a few less would be nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Why I am planning on a 2dr.

Still, be nice to have family to go offroading with, ya know

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Why I am planning on a 2dr.

Still, be nice to have family to go offroading with, ya know
The 4 doors are what's so appealing to a lot of people for a lot of reasons.
But the 2 door people have their reasons too.
Ain't they great.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
The 4 doors are what's so appealing to a lot of people for a lot of reasons.
But the 2 door people have their reasons too.
Ain't they great.
Like I said in another thread, I'm 30, single and I hardly ever use the back row except to throw by backpack and groceries, so why bother with the extra room.

That said, I ever need a 4dr, gonna be a bold color

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Like I said in another thread, I'm 30, single and I hardly ever use the back row except to throw by backpack and groceries, so why bother with the extra room.

That said, I ever need a 4dr, gonna be a bold color
Always been a Mopar fan. The 60's and 70's had some wild colors. And so do the Wranglers! We narrowed down to Mojito or Silver. Wife was a little self conscious in the Mojito, she chose Silver. You're young, definitely go bold, go fun!

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I got a Wrangler because it's the right thing to drive for where and how I drive. I dont see it as an exclusive club or a crew to recruit for. Dont really care if everyone else or no one else has one.

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
The JLU Sahara is incredibly popular in my area. I think I saw 4 in Punk’n this past weekend. I was counting those, because they seem to be my wife’s favourite colour.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
While I'll very tersely share my passion with those who ask or those I feel demonstrate attributes about their life that are typical of those happy with the Wrangler ownership experience my real goal is to manage people's expectations through education so they don't end with a vehicle that's not right for them. There is nothing "wrong" I believe in a Wrangler not being "right" for some, and spot on right for others.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have never been a person who attempts to get others to spend their cash on something just because I might like that same something. That said, I am always willing to share my experiences/knowledge regarding that something should anyone ask for my honest thoughts/opinion.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Wife was disinterested when I mentioned a Wrangler but one of the reasons I wanted one was due to giving up my convertible of 11 years in 2016. I thought about the 2 door soft top but she really liked the 4 door in blue with the tan soft top so I bought it. She definitely likes it compared to the low clearance ground and headroom convertible. The top is down most of the time so when temps are in her tolerable range, she definitely wants to take the Wrangler. She'd never want one as her primary vehicle but I think she misses the rag top days too.

I have a 40 mile commute I do two days a week and I'll usually see 10-20 Wranglers going each way to and from work. Mostly JK 4-door hardtops.
Sponsored