Who else is patiently waiting

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Ordered my black JLU Rubicon with Rubicon luxury pack, trail ready pack and dealer fit towbar option on the 13th November, build date is estimated as 2nd of Feb, delivery end of Feb early March. It's really starting to drag now especially since my Jk Rubi sold within days of putting it up for sale and I am currently jeepless. I have some gear ready to go on though, the rugged ridge amfib snorkel, a Stedi 3303 Pro light bar, a GME XRS Connect UHF with the Topsy RHD mic bracket (and Teraflex tyre carrier antenna mount) and a Redarc tow pro elite so I can get the camper out there again. No doubt there'll be more before the Jeep gets here but I'm holding off on lift etc until I have driven it for a bit.

Cheers
Steve
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Ordered my black JLU Rubicon with Rubicon luxury pack, trail ready pack and dealer fit towbar option on the 13th November, build date is estimated as 2nd of Feb, delivery end of Feb early March. It's really starting to drag now especially since my Jk Rubi sold within days of putting it up for sale and I am currently jeepless. I have some gear ready to go on though, the rugged ridge amfib snorkel, a Stedi 3303 Pro light bar, a GME XRS Connect UHF with the Topsy RHD mic bracket (and Teraflex tyre carrier antenna mount) and a Redarc tow pro elite so I can get the camper out there again. No doubt there'll be more before the Jeep gets here but I'm holding off on lift etc until I have driven it for a bit.

Cheers
Steve
No one that orders a new Jeep "patiently waits"!!!

There have been threads on here where the OP sounded desperate and almost insane because they couldn't move their build along or the status moved back one step.

If you are patiently waiting my hat's off to you! You show a high degree of common sense!

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
No one that orders a new Jeep "patiently waits"!!!

There have been threads on here where the OP sounded desperate and almost insane <snip>
And that's with their order being only two weeks old. ;)

Later,
Johnny

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Definitely not patiently waiting... but waiting. Ordered 12/18 2 Door Snazz Rubi ... Check the forums, chat, and the tracker more than I do my cell phone :CWL:

dave_p

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2-Door
I ordered my first jeep - JL Rubicon 2-door manual soft top (that's what I thought a jeep was but I guess that's a special order now!) -- Order date Nov 8 in California. Dealer showed me the timing estimates Jeep was giving the dealers by region -- west coast was 6-8 weeks, which meant Dec 20- Jan 3. I was a little skeptical given their incentive to show me an optimistic range.

So reality is the jeep just got built and put into delivery status a few days ago, new estimate Jan 19-Feb 2. So that is really 10-12 weeks assuming they come through.

Obviously I am OBSESSING over it (or I would not be writing this while I should be working) -- (people with kids doesn't this literally remind you of expecting a baby?)

I am looking at the bright side -- I've probably learned more due to the long wait because I read everything on this amazing forum. Changed a few decisions too, so that will save some money in the long run. Good luck getting your jeep!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I see all the replies are from you guys in the US, here in Australia we have no choice but to patiently wait :(

First of all we need the factory to do a RHD run of wranglers, I believe these are scheduled as required, then we need to wait for a ship to fill before it gets transported to the other side of the world, and then of course that ship needs to travel here, get through customs, unloaded and off to the relevant dealer etc.

All in all the wait is a minimum of 3 months but could be 6 or 8 if you just missed a RHD build run...... and we can't get info from Jeep chat, only the dealer.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I am from Sydney. I placed an order in Feb 2019 and took delivery in July 2019. I was a long wait!

I love my Jeep!

I love driving my Jeep and when we are apart I think of her all the time 🙂

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I am from Sydney. I placed an order in Feb 2019 and took delivery in July 2019. I was a long wait!

I love my Jeep!

I love driving my Jeep and when we are apart I think of her all the time 🙂
Member of SJC? Same name on that forum as well or just a coincidence ;) You'll see a Steve F on there too (Public Officer of the club) :)

pguerreiro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon MY20
I see all the replies are from you guys in the US, here in Australia we have no choice but to patiently wait :(

First of all we need the factory to do a RHD run of wranglers, I believe these are scheduled as required, then we need to wait for a ship to fill before it gets transported to the other side of the world, and then of course that ship needs to travel here, get through customs, unloaded and off to the relevant dealer etc.

All in all the wait is a minimum of 3 months but could be 6 or 8 if you just missed a RHD build run...... and we can't get info from Jeep chat, only the dealer.
I've pre-order mine in Dec'18 when it was announced in Sydney, got it in Jan20... When it arrived it was not the specs I've initially put through... anyway... Lucky for me and anticipating some delays I've bought a JK 2nd hand.... drove it one full year, before I sold it! Yeah things can take some time here "down under" :crying:

Sponsored

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I was quite lucky with my JLUR, ordered on 14 August 2020 and took delivery on 4 September 2020. The dealer looked up one with the specs I wanted and found one on a ship apparently on it's way to Aus.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
With my Wrangler I was lucky that they had what I wanted in stock so only had to wait for them to fit the towbar and get it registered. My last car (VW Golf R) I put a deposit down in Jan 2010, before they had even officially announced it was being released in Australia (had already been released overseas), and took delivery Dec 2010.

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
With my Wrangler I was lucky that they had what I wanted in stock so only had to wait for them to fit the towbar and get it registered. My last car (VW Golf R) I put a deposit down in Jan 2010, before they had even officially announced it was being released in Australia (had already been released overseas), and took delivery Dec 2010.
I could have got it earlier if I got a 2020 model but I wanted the 2021 with the front camera and a few other bits and pieces (Offroad + option springs to mind) so was prepared to order and wait, it's a struggle though, been jeepless for a couple of weeks now after owning Jeeps for the last 18 years.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
I could have got it earlier if I got a 2020 model but I wanted the 2021 with the front camera and a few other bits and pieces (Offroad + option springs to mind) so was prepared to order and wait, it's a struggle though, been jeepless for a couple of weeks now after owning Jeeps for the last 18 years.
I wanted diesel so 2021 wasn't an option. I bought the Tazer camera and JL mini but haven't gotten around to installing the camera yet.

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
3 months in and not built yet, did get a reponse from Jeep chat once (Two weeks ago) saying it was in D1 but they haven't given me any details since and refer me to Jeep Australia and the dealer.... so no luck there. Sounds like at least another two months :(
Sponsored