First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Into my 4th month of waiting for my manual JLUR, it’s been bouncing from town to town in Ohio for weeks and dealer has no idea why.

Also trying to buy a new RAM and finding limited stock available. It could be worse, I heard Ford and Chevy dealer lots are filling up with trucks that have no computers due to chip shortage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Ordered beginning of Nov 2020 from Castle Hill NSW, still waiting and no real news.
Mine was also from Castle Hill, who is your salesman, do you know if it has shipped yet or if it is built. My origianl order was also ordered at the beginning of November and was built on the 25th of Feb, not shipped yet though. My guess is yours is built and waiting to ship.

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I was dealing with Leslie. Last I checked there was a VIN, but that's all I know. Hopefully it will arrive before the 2022 model comes out.

mgreaves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just joined the Queue this weekend, I was told my production slot was April with a mid-July delivery, lots of time to plan what to do once it arrives!

I went for the JLUR in Sarge green with the luxury pack, trail pack, upgraded alloys and tow bar.

I was originally told September but they called me the next day saying they already had a slot for an identical spec just with upgraded alloys....I assume this was a ploy but went along as the girlfriend had originally said she preferred them and they were now only $500.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I was dealing with Leslie. Last I checked there was a VIN, but that's all I know. Hopefully it will arrive before the 2022 model comes out.
Put the VIN in the buildsheet tracker and you will at least know if it is built or not, my guess is it will be.

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I just joined the Queue this weekend, I was told my production slot was April with a mid-July delivery, lots of time to plan what to do once it arrives!

I went for the JLUR in Sarge green with the luxury pack, trail pack, upgraded alloys and tow bar.

I was originally told September but they called me the next day saying they already had a slot for an identical spec just with upgraded alloys....I assume this was a ploy but went along as the girlfriend had originally said she preferred them and they were now only $500.
Pretty sure they guess those slots as it seems totally random as to when they are built etc ;) Most likely they did a search of orders for stock and not for customers and will requisition one of those :)

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Steve, I was there today to talk to Leslie, and I saw your car waiting there :) We tried to look for a similar one that is arriving but can't find too much with the brown seats that I'd wanted.

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Yep, mine is waiting on Rego and the towbar to be fitted, hopeuflly will all be done tomorrow if it wasn't today :) That brown interior is going to make it tough, I haven't seen one yet!

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
Interesting to see fellow members of the Commonwealth taking just as long as we Canadians, while our US friends get their Jeeps in 4-6 weeks... :facepalm:

Just ordered mine, here's to hoping it can make it 4 hours down the road from Toledo quicker than you guys wait for the slow boat around the globe!

Cheers!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Interesting to see fellow members of the Commonwealth taking just as long as we Canadians, while our US friends get their Jeeps in 4-6 weeks... :facepalm:

Just ordered mine, here's to hoping it can make it 4 hours down the road from Toledo quicker than you guys wait for the slow boat around the globe!

Cheers!
And you guys get exactly the same build ad the US don't you, we are RHD with different flares and a few other tings so are the same as the RHD euro builds. Never understood why Canadian orders take so long.

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Steve, I noticed your car wasn't there anymore so I suppose you picked it up?

I found another car identical to mine except Sarge Green that is going to the NT dealer. Leslie couldn't get it from them, I called them up and they said they'll sell it to me, but I have to ship it to NSW myself. Tempting..

I also just got an alert today that my VIN has a build sheet, so I guess it's not built yet.

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
And you guys get exactly the same build ad the US don't you, we are RHD with different flares and a few other tings so are the same as the RHD euro builds. Never understood why Canadian orders take so long.
Damn near. Metric gauges and DRLs, but otherwise the exact same I think!

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU

I found another car identical to mine except Sarge Green that is going to the NT dealer. Leslie couldn't get it from them, I called them up and they said they'll sell it to me, but I have to ship it to NSW myself. Tempting..

I also just got an alert today that my VIN has a build sheet, so I guess it's not built yet.
They are starting to flow through now (I think customs in Sydney is sorted, or close to it, by the sound of it), if you have the build sheet then it is either built or will be in the next couple of days, a ship hasn't left since, at latest, mid Feb (my original build hasn't shipped and was built on the 25th of Feb). If I was you I'd wait, I reckon it'll ship in the next fortnight if all goes well.

shep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1976 LJ80

Avoid the Darwin dealer, I bought a grand Cherokee off them a couple of years ago and they stuck the rear number plate on with Tek screws and it was off centre by a lot.
Sponsored