Sponsored

Who else is in the "I'm still waiting to buy a Wrangler club"? What are you waiting for?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Been drooling and dreaming for several months. My lease on my current vehicle is up in August and that is when I planned on getting the Wrangler of my dreams.

Then I got served with divorce papers. Discovered all accounts (all were joint) had been drained and still looking for where the $$$$$$ is. So now I'm on hold until we settle and cash is freed. That may or may not be by August.

In the meantime I've reset my dream from a JLU Sahara to a JL Sport S. Just the dog & I now :)
Ouch man sorry to hear that. My (ex)husband did that to me while I was in Iraq. So I can relate a bit. A Sport S will take you many places and you and the pup will have many adventures! :like:
Sponsored

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Been drooling and dreaming for several months. My lease on my current vehicle is up in August and that is when I planned on getting the Wrangler of my dreams.

Then I got served with divorce papers. Discovered all accounts (all were joint) had been drained and still looking for where the $$$$$$ is. So now I'm on hold until we settle and cash is freed. That may or may not be by August.

In the meantime I've reset my dream from a JLU Sahara to a JL Sport S. Just the dog & I now :)
Man, that sucks. I know the feeling.

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I'm sure her lawyer or her friends told her to drain the accounts to make it harder for you to pay for a lawyer and giving her an advantage. As someone who has been through what you're going through, be sure to log onto any accounts and get as many statements showing balances prior to them being drained to show total net worth. Depending on your state you should be entitled to half of those assets. Make sure you've set up your own separate accounts for your paycheck. If you have any personal assets that she doesn't know about make sure they are liquid or hidden as best as possible. If you have anything that you can claim was borrowed or belonged to parents, friends or family like antique furniture, make sure they get back to the people they came from and make sure if it comes up that they were never yours. Make sure you can get the best lawyer you can afford and be very thorough with everything. When I got divorced, she thought I was hiding money which wasn't true, but for her efforts of discovery I ended up getting half of her pension for the few years we were married. lol.
Joint accounts, especially financing can really bite you in butt. When I got divorced I owned a 2008 JKU Sahara under my name only. But prior to the divorce she needed a new vehicle for her rural postal job. She didn't have the credit so I ended up being the primary signer on a 2011 JKU Sport RHD which was agreed to go to her as "her vehicle". She was after all the mother of my child and I wasn't so cruel that I didn't want her to have a vehicle and not be able to work. At some point in time she had transmission issues outside of the warranty from stop and go mail delivery but did not have the money to fix it and just decided to hide it in her garage and not make the payments on it any more. I was getting calls constantly from the lien holder. I actually begged them to repossess the vehicle. Not so much for revenge but so I could take the hit on my Credit and get the clock started on the 7 years it would take to clear off the record. I worked hard on my career, side hustle, and credit and today I'm driving a brand new JL Rubi. Sorry to be so long winded but I totally feel ya. Anyway.... Stay the course. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Ruffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z900, 2014 BMW 428i convertible
I'm waiting for so many things. Paying off student loans and motorcycle, deciding whether to sell my 4 series convertible or keep it and float a 2nd car note, settling on trim and options and finally, negotiating/ordering

iPooted83

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
For me, waiting on taxes, annual bonus, and a raise to take effect. I probably won’t get to place the order until late Feb or early March. I’m not good at waiting for stuff like this... :)

DesmoDog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ducati 851
A new year and I'm bored so a little update here

1) I'm thinking the Bronco will NOT be at the auto show. No info = not waiting any more. Plus, other info is hinting the Bronco is further out than I had hoped.
2) Wife asked yesterday when I'm going to order this thing... which is a good sign but not actually a full "I'm on board"... she's still wanting to look for a lease return/used one (As in JK. Nope.)
3) Done
4) Wife and I agree Granite is the best compromise since my standard choice of burgandy/maroon isn't available.

And a couple twists -

When Wifey asked about it yesterday I told her I was still deciding on options. "Like what?" she asked.

Well, auto vs manual. "Auto. And it's got to have leather. No cloth with the dog..."
Another update. A little over a week ago, my wife and I test drove some JLs. Drove a 3.6. Drove a turbo. I had every intention of starting the process of ordering a 2019 but they had a 2018 that was very near what I'd order... but for whatever reason it just didn't draw me in like I thought it would. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Anywhos, long story short... we ended up with a lightly used 2016 Sahara JK lease return. Significant cost savings. Auto, heated seats, leather, etc. Wasn't sure if I should post that here but then I saw the title of this mentioned a Wrangler, and not a JL specifically, so there ya go. I already have multiple orders on their way to the house to change things up a little.

So I'm no longer in the "Waiting to buy a Wrangler" Club. I joined a new club. A couple of them actually. After joining the "Bought a Wrangler" club I got through almost three days/just over 100 miles before I joined the cracked windshield club...

IMG_4263.jpg

I guess I won't be spending as much time around here now... and yeah, I know those wheels have to go.

Last edited:

Sponsored

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Ridgeline
Another update. A little over a week ago, my wife and I test drove some JLs. Drove a 3.6. Drove a turbo. I had every intention of starting the process of ordering a 2019 but they had a 2018 that was very near what I'd order... but for whatever reason it just didn't draw me in like I thought it would. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Anywhos, long story short... we ended up with a lightly used 2016 Sahara JK lease return. Significant cost savings. Auto, heated seats, leather, etc. Wasn't sure if I should post that here but then I saw the title of this mentioned a Wrangler, and not a JL specifically, so there ya go. I already have multiple orders on their way to the house to change things up a little.

So I'm no longer in the "Waiting to buy a Wrangler" Club. I joined a new club. A couple of them actually. After joining the "Bought a Wrangler" club I got through almost three days/just over 100 miles before I joined the cracked windshield club...

IMG_4263.jpg

I guess I won't be spending as much time around here now... and yeah, I know those wheels have to go.
I am thinking about going this route too. I have already found a couple JKs I am interested in.

Kangarhew

First Name
Rhew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just got my promotion, which significantly raises my yearly salary, and I also get a quarterly bonus on top of that. I could afford to do it as soon as I get my first bonus, but the responsible me is telling me to wait until my second or third bonus and get other more important finances taken care of first. So I’m very much impatiently waiting on finally being able to order my JLUR, but not enjoying the wait. Doesn’t help one of my buddies JLUR just came in last week.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
A new monkey wrench has been thrown into the mix. I love the Toyota Land Cruisers except for one thing which made me switch to seriously thinking about the JLUR fully loaded with 2.5 lift and bigger tires as my first choice or the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit with the 5.7L Engine and leather package as my close second. The thing one thing that turned me off to the Land Cruiser was the 3rd row seating. Today, I just learned that Toyota is making a 60 year anniversary edition without the third row seating. Toyota will make 1,200 of these and will start taking orders in the summer.

suburbanjeeper

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I'm waiting until spring/summer as I have just a few more payments left on my current Wrangler while also saving up. It will be perfect timing as the warmer weather approaches and the modding begins.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I'm waiting on a few things personally, need to sell my boat as I don't use it anymore. So the bottom line is I'm waiting on money, however I'm very curious to see the Gladiator in person, and would like to see the Bronco, before I order. However, I'm getting a little sick of waiting for the bronco, I mean, ford could at least release some info about if the doors and roof are removable. I was also waiting on the diesel, but seeing as how it only gives the GC an extra 2mpgs over the 3.6, I don't think the added cost plus added fuel and maintenance costs will be worth it.

I'm hoping to order in March or April though ;)

Sponsored

notsure

First Name
notsure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
kangarhew ? bryan texas ? i just went to the dealer and all they had were 4 door versions

at least i could see the colors up close

iPooted83

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Have to give “Uncle Sam” his paycheck first...I’m not great at waiting, but I’ll just have to live vicariously through everyone else for just a bit longer...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Finally, a thread I don't have to start

Boss (Dad) is trying to work something out with his business partner or Super's/project managers, then with the opening, looking to get an Arrest me Red or We know it's you Orange
Sponsored