Sponsored

Who else is in the "I'm still waiting to buy a Wrangler club"? What are you waiting for?

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Basically
DonaldThrowingMoney-620x404-02016_05_14_16_40_58-0.jpg

Any manufacturing defects I'm not worried about, because you can easily just not buy it if you find anything wrong
Sponsored

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Fall 2017. Had a Lease just ended. I almost bought a JKU, then I saw the JL coming out in 2018. My wife and I made a deal I would ride my bike for a year and then, I would get a Jeep because thatā€™s all I wanted. Fast forward to October 2018 and I got my self a JLU Rubicon. Totally worth the wait and got a great mountain bike out of it!

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Hello everyone. Iā€™m totally new here and to Jeep. Looking at the JLR and only things holding me back are;

1 deploying very soon.
2 in process of new home purchase
3 my truck is almost paid off

This will be my fun vehicle and driver to keep miles off my truck.

DesmoDog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ducati 851
So, what's holding me back now? In no particular order;

1) I said I was going to wait to see the new Bronco before I bought a Wrangler. I'm guessing that'll happen at the Detroit Auto Show in January? I may not wait for that.
2) It's going to be a battle to free up the cash. I want to have all my ducks in a row before I convince my wife it's time. She already knows it's coming.
3) I had been waiting for the 2019 build info to come out to see what options might become available on the Sport S, but that's happened now, so I'm one step closer.
4) And the biggest reason? I can't decide on a color. I want Punk'n! No, wait, Billet Silver. NO! Granite. Hmm, That's kinda boring. Blue. Yeah, that's it, blue. No! Wait! That's a U of Michigan color! No no no. Back to Punk'n! Or maybe Black? No. FFS it's only a color, just choose one. Screw it, I'll leave it up to my wife. (Strangely, I'm a Ducati fan who doesn't care for red vehicles).
A new year and I'm bored so a little update here

1) I'm thinking the Bronco will NOT be at the auto show. No info = not waiting any more. Plus, other info is hinting the Bronco is further out than I had hoped.
2) Wife asked yesterday when I'm going to order this thing... which is a good sign but not actually a full "I'm on board"... she's still wanting to look for a lease return/used one (As in JK. Nope.)
3) Done
4) Wife and I agree Granite is the best compromise since my standard choice of burgandy/maroon isn't available.

And a couple twists -

When Wifey asked about it yesterday I told her I was still deciding on options. "Like what?" she asked.

Well, auto vs manual. "Auto. And it's got to have leather. No cloth with the dog..."

Alrighty then, looks like I need to reconfigure my hypothetical order since I wasn't planning on either of those. Goodbye dual tops (I can buy a soft top later I guess) and hello Selec-trac??? Pretty much decided on a Sahara. Limited slip is on the must have list already, so if I add the 8 spd, full time 4WD is only, what, $500 more?

There was more to the conversation, and judging by what she was saying... don't hold me to this... but I may even toss the idea of a Moab out there... if nothing else it will make an optioned Sahara seem not so expensive! ;-)

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
That's another reason(s) I'm so lucky--

I'm retired and so's my wife and we have/get our OWN vehicles--

She loves my RAM and isn't happy with my 2dr JL(after 4dr JK)--

Win some, lose some-

JIMBO

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
I am strongly interested in buying a JL this year. Most likely I will be looking to get one by this spring.

Why I have waited
- Didn't want to buy the first model year for sure.
- They are damned pricey and I need time to warm up to spending that much
- I wanted to take time to decide which model and what options I wanted.

I really want a Rubicon but one that is not super optioned out. I want 3.6, Manual, hard top, cold weather and that's about it for options. So I know I am going to have to order it most likely as all the Rubicons in stock in my area are pushing 50k MSRP.

I have priced out sports s with the same options and it's only a few thousand cheaper so doesn't seem to make sense to me unless I was really going to build it out and dump a lot of the stock stuff that a Rubicon comes with. I plan on doing some wheeling (more overland type than rock crawling) but I am not likely to go too hog wild on mods other than maybe a modest lift and 35s when the stock tires are worn down.

I need to put an order in soon, I guess.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Since Gobi appears as a color option for the Gladiator I am hoping they will offer it in the JL later this year. But what I am really waiting for is the Diesel. If Gobi isnā€™t offered by the time the diesel is released Iā€™ll flip a coin for colors :cwl:This will be my first ever Jeep and I think it will be cool to own the first diesel :like:

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I ordered mine a week ago, waited 1 year since it was a new model. No interest in an electric, hybrid or diesel so seems like now is the time to get into one for me. Price was hard to get past, resale is great but damn.

45echo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Tiguan SE 4motion
I plan on ordering one early next year. Main reason is $$$. I just bought a 2018 VW Tiguan SE 4motion a year ago and it's going to take some time for me to save up the money to make up for the depreciation. I've learned my lesson on avoiding first year redesigns after buying my first year redesigned Tiguan. I just can't decide between a JLR or JLRU. I'm single with no kids and always preferred the looks of the two doors but I think I might want to get into overlanding and it's seems like I might need the extra space for gear that the 4 doors offer.

Sponsored

DesmoDog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ducati 851
A new year and I'm bored so a little update here

1) I'm thinking the Bronco will NOT be at the auto show. No info = not waiting any more. Plus, other info is hinting the Bronco is further out than I had hoped.
2) Wife asked yesterday when I'm going to order this thing... which is a good sign but not actually a full "I'm on board"... she's still wanting to look for a lease return/used one (As in JK. Nope.)
3) Done
4) Wife and I agree Granite is the best compromise since my standard choice of burgandy/maroon isn't available.

And a couple twists -

When Wifey asked about it yesterday I told her I was still deciding on options. "Like what?" she asked.

Well, auto vs manual. "Auto. And it's got to have leather. No cloth with the dog..."

Alrighty then, looks like I need to reconfigure my hypothetical order since I wasn't planning on either of those. Goodbye dual tops (I can buy a soft top later I guess) and hello Selec-trac??? Pretty much decided on a Sahara. Limited slip is on the must have list already, so if I add the 8 spd, full time 4WD is only, what, $500 more?
Hmm... I'm now convinced the Bronco will not hit production until 2021 so, not gonna wait.

We've talked even more about options. She's hinting at wanting navigation now too... who am I to argue? Bye-bye original budget.

Looks like it's time to put together the "final" configuration, get the official buy-in from the lovely Wifey, and start looking for solid numbers from local-ish dealers.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting on several things.

1. To save up enough cash to put 50% or more down.
2. New Bikini Color to become available
3. Possibly waiting to see if Diesel gets put in a 2 door Rubicon model.
4. For all the bugs to get worked out. i.e. Welds, death wobble, electronics, recalls, etc.....
By the time the Bikini and Diesel are available I should have my cash.
By the time 1-3 get are accomplished, I'm hoping number 4 is taken care of.
No Longer waiting.
My situation changed since my OP and I had to get a new vehicle so 1-4 went out the window.
So.... Here's my new baby. Fully Loaded 2018 JL Rubicon 2.0T. NO REGRETS !!!

thumbnail (3).jpg

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
I am only waiting on a down payment amount I feel is sufficient to get the payments where I want them. Trying to get to $10k at the moment.

Main package item I want is just the Towing really.

I would love the 8' UConnect but I don't know if I want to force myself into a Sahara for one.

Aimless1

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW K1600 GTL & Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Retired
Been drooling and dreaming for several months. My lease on my current vehicle is up in August and that is when I planned on getting the Wrangler of my dreams.

Then I got served with divorce papers. Discovered all accounts (all were joint) had been drained and still looking for where the $$$$$$ is. So now I'm on hold until we settle and cash is freed. That may or may not be by August.

In the meantime I've reset my dream from a JLU Sahara to a JL Sport S. Just the dog & I now :)

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
That sucks. Me and my wife still get along great after 25 years but its something i would definitely not do again.
Sponsored