Sponsored

Who else finds color the hardest choice?

TXPearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS 4xe
Coming from a 2014 in Anvil Gray, I was looking for something a little different (despite really liking Sting Gray). I went with HellaYella. Easy to find in a parking lot.
Sponsored

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
Yes, only ruled out a few from the beginning. No black, too hard to keep clean. No silver, had a billet 300. I had both a Cherokee and have a GC in Granite, that's out. Not into yellow since an old friend called his JK a short bus. I liked Gecko but not mojito. Thought I'd get tired and regret Punk'in.
I built my JLU online, turned it different colors and saved all the pictures of the rest to a PowerPoint file to flip thru and it wad still really hard.
Wife wants a white Cherokee and daughters car is white... that's out.
I got down to Red, Blue, Bikini, and Sting Gray. Sting Gray doesn't look great online in the Jeep site, but I saw a JLUR in Sting Gray out on the road and that was it. Can't wait to get it home!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
My old TJ was a rescue Jeep. We found it abandoned and half sunk in a riverbed (just the sand, no water) and through 100% legal means it became my first car. It was Moss Green.

Then when I graduated high school, my parents took me to a dealership to ā€˜just lookā€™ and we left with a Billet Silver JKU. Wasnā€™t my first choice in color but itā€™s what they had in a base sport and it was free to me. Canā€™t complain.

All Iā€™ve ever wanted was a blue Jeep. So this past summer, I finally got what I wanted. I think Ocean Blue is the best shade of blue that Jeep has offered in a long, long time. They have been wayyyy too light blue in the recent past.

So no, for me color was not the hard part. Waiting 6 months for the color to be available was tough though.

rbgeep

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Next year, wanna get a 2dr Rubi as a toy, got a Ram Rebel for work, so don't need a Gladiator or 4dr

Problem is color, since I got everything else down pact.

Between Firecracker, Punk'n and Mojito, doubt I'm the first to be in this position now
I have a Granite Sahara and love it, but if I were getting a Rubi it would be Punkinā€™

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Next year, wanna get a 2dr Rubi as a toy, got a Ram Rebel for work, so don't need a Gladiator or 4dr

Problem is color, since I got everything else down pact.

Between Firecracker, Punk'n and Mojito, doubt I'm the first to be in this position now
Of those three I also have to vote Punkā€™n. Itā€™s a great color.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I think the size of the Wrangler matters for certain colors. Some colors look better on 2 doors and not on 4 doors. IMHO the bright colors works for 2 doors and the muted Shades of Grey (including B&W) work best on the 4 doors. Not to say B&W doesn't look good on 2 doors as well BUT the colors that pop always look good on the 2 doors...

After having a white TJ back in the day and 2 recent silver versions of the JKU1 & JKU2, I really wanted to stay away from the SHADES OF GREY... And given I wanted go back to a 2 door, I knew I could go bold!

SO I choose this hard to find color matching top & fenders in HellaYella!!! The color seems to change from bright yellow to mustard yellow depending on the light reflection. Either way, I look forward to taking it out for a long and short drives.

Jeep Wrangler JL Who else finds color the hardest choice? VideoCapture_20210304-111935

Jeep Wrangler JL Who else finds color the hardest choice? VideoCapture_20210303-184916

CHEERS!!!
Sponsored