Sponsored

Who else finds color the hardest choice?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Not for me. I've wanted an orange car (I know that the JL isn't a car :)) for the longest time, and when I realized I had to give up my Miata—especially the Racing Orange 30th Edition—I ordered a Punk'n JL. The color was the most important thing for me. I can't wait.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Jeep colors I've owned:

Silver
Yellow
Black
Firecracker Red
Hyper Green
White
Punk'n

Plan on ordering a Gobi Gladiator.

Black is by far the hardest to deal with, up keep, keep looking nice etc.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Color was an easy choice. To me the Billet Silver looks the best. I knew that was the color I wanted from the start. The only other colors that I may have considered would have been White or Granite (in that order).

But it's great Jeep makes other colors that people are thrilled with, except for those who really like multiple colors and have a hard time picking lol!

MissyC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
For me I was looking at Granite or Ocean Blue for colors but at my time of ordering last year Ocean Blue was late availability, and I didn't want to wait so Granite won out lol. I am happy with my decision but I gotta say that Ocean Blue is nice. :)

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Color was definitely the most difficult. I had a grey Silverado, a silver work truck, my wife has a white car and my daughter has a granite compass, so grey, granite, silver, white and black were out. I figured I would get sick of the wild colors ina year or so, so by elimination I was down to red or Blue. I love the blue in the shade, but in the sun it looks purple to me. That left me with Red. Crazy way to get there. I think I would have been happy with any color. Lol

428F0876-B282-4EB6-9290-FCD2862EBDA2.jpeg

JEFFREY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP MOAB 2016 BMW M4 CV
I debated between Sting Gray and Billet Silver. Opted for silver and began regretting it almost as soon as I ordered it. Then I took a second drive to the dealership to look at their stock and really fell in love with the color all over again. Couldn't be happier with my choice.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Next year, wanna get a 2dr Rubi as a toy, got a Ram Rebel for work, so don't need a Gladiator or 4dr

Problem is color, since I got everything else down pact.

Between Firecracker, Punk'n and Mojito, doubt I'm the first to be in this position now
I had no doubt I was going with Red. Easy choice for me.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Out of the three that you have listed, I previously owned a Firecracker Red JK and Currently own a Punk'n JL. They are both nice colors. The punk'n is cool because it changes colors based on the light. It can range from a bright tic tac orange to a burnt orange/brown.

I would go with Punk'n.

As for Mojito, I never been able to stand it. I owned Hyper Green and liked Gecko but Mojito is just plain ugly to me.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
My Jeep is the first vehicle I have ever special ordered. I chose Mojito and love it! In the past I haven’t always got my first choice in color because of availability, or a great deal on a different color on the dealer lot.

One thing I learned from those past purchases is that whatever color you get, once it’s yours, you begin to love it that much more! All of the current Jeep colors are nice. You’ll be happy with whatever one you get!

2019RUBI

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Camry, 2017 Camaro 2SS, 1990 Mustang, 2019 Rubi on order
Totall agree. I was stuck between Ocean Blue and Granite for the longest time. I like Punk’n and Mojito, but I knew I’d be tired of them in a year. Then I heard about Bikini and paused until I saw one in person. Do yourself a favor and go see this before ordering it….. It’s not for everyone and certainly not for me.

In the end I pulled the trigger on Ocean Blue with Cloth and a Black hardtop.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I would go with Punk'n.
I'd have to agree with @Carlton ... though I may be somewhat biased.

Interesting backstory to how the current Punk'n color came to be. It took 6-8 months of research to get the color just right. It actually has flakes of glass in the paint.

"“(Mark Allen) was looking for a new orange space that was unique from what we have produced in the past for FCA vehicles. He didn’t want an orange color that flared too red, or yellow or just went brown,” said La Shirl Turner, Head of Advance Color & Materials. “Punk’n, although it resembles a ‘solid’ color, actually has glass flakes in its chemistry. When the sun hits it, it has a great flash of shimmer!” "

There's more in the article here: https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/20...r-offers-a-color-thats-a-treat-for-halloween/

belacyrf

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Normally color is a tough one for me. White and Black always look good, Grey(s) are awesome too but I really like "color" and so it's hard choosing between a color that will pop vs a color that you are certain will not get wierd on you. Luckily for me when I test drove the rubi, the sales rep brought up a Firecracker - color Matched Rubi.. and I was sold. It stands out like crazy but I just love it. And there are very few "color" jeeps in my area. TONS of Black, White, Grey, but very few color. (though on my block I think this one house has Punk'n & Bikini) so i won't be the only color around!
Sponsored