Sponsored

Who else finds color the hardest choice?

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
My color decision flow chart went like this:

1. Is it white, black, grey, silver? If so, itā€™s a no-go. Iā€™m philosophically opposed to non-color colors. No greyscale for me.

2. Is it loud? If so, itā€™s a no-go. This eliminated Mojito, Firecracker, Yella, Punkā€™n... all the bright colors. I like them all but my old TJ was bright red and it was too conspicuous for me.

3. This left Ocean Blue, though even it is a little too bright for me. I would have loved a deep maroon or forest green.

Ford did -I think- one year (2011 2012) of a color called Lava Red on the Mustang and I LOVED it. It was such a deep red that it looked black in most pictures and low-light conditions, but in the sun it was a beautiful metallic red that shifted colors. They had to stop offering it in 2012 2013 because the tsunami in Japan destroyed the factory that made it, IIRC. I got my ā€˜12 Mustang in Kona Blue which I also loved and I think was a little darker than Ocean Blue.

Bottom line though is that I really love Ocean Blue and canā€™t wait to see mine in person!

Edit: to answer the OP, because of my handy flow chart, I didnā€™t find the color choice particularly difficult.
Today, I am leaning towards Ocean Blue. Yesterday it was Granite. Tomorrow???

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm boring, love my black but must admit some of the bright colors really look good on the Wranglers.
You know what they say about black. Once you go black, you spend a lot of time washing and waxing it because black jeeps always look dirty.

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
My color decision flow chart went like this:

1. Is it white, black, grey, silver? If so, itā€™s a no-go. Iā€™m philosophically opposed to non-color colors. No greyscale for me.

Donā€™t agree, but I love it. A man who is ā€œphilosophically opposed to non-color colorsā€ is clearly a man who takes his colors (and non-colors) very seriously!

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
You know what they say about black. Once you go black, you spend a lot of time washing and waxing it because black jeeps always look dirty.
Nah. I just spend a lot of time with a dirty black Jeep.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Nah. I just spend a lot of time with a dirty black Jeep.
Ha, good point. Iā€™m thinking of my buddyā€™s black Infiniti coupe which he has the hardest time keeping clean. Jeeps are absolutely fine being dirty.

And as far as being philosophically opposed to non-color colors, obviously I donā€™t have any problem with othersā€™ choices of black/white/greyscale, I just like a little color in my color! I go outside and see a sea of grey, beige, black and silver on the road and it makes me sad. I feel like I must do my part to encourage vehicle manufacturers to sell actual colors! Thatā€™s why I love colors like mojito and punkā€™n. At the same time I like to be somewhat inconspicuous on the road so that limits me to less-loud colors like dark blue, maroon, forest green, etc.

I spend a lot of time thinking about cars, the auto industry and its trends, Jeeps, etc....

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I have always admired shiny black vehicles, but always bought non-colors (I like that!) because I am slovenly regarding vehicle washing.
Not maintenance, mind you. Iā€™m a hawk there. Tip-top.
Anyway, I reckon Jeeps oughta be dirty. I drive 8 miles on a dirt road which is either dusty or muddy every morning to get to my 800 acre deer lease, and then drop in low range and tool around for an hour or two while my German Shorthair and Catahoula do what they were born to do.
Seems to me that washing the Jeep is a waste of time. Itā€™s just gonna be dirty tomorrow.
Besides, when I see a Jeep which has obviously been off-road, I smile.

Jeep#6

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4xe HYDRO; 24 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales in a Jeep
As a daily driver in a sales role I felt I had to inconspicuous route as well so ended up with Black. Previously had 2 Rhino JKUR so still feel I should have considered sting grey.

For a 3rd or 2nd car I would definitely consider a bold color and right now would go Mojito!

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
To my way of thinking, black IS a bold color, unlike white, gray and silver.
Donā€™t get me wrong; I drove white or silver vehicles most of my life.
If the dealer had had a white one with the options I wanted, it would probably be in my driveway.
I had a choice between black and red, though. I considered them equally bold...well, almost. Red is bolder.
Iā€™m happy with black, but Iā€™d be happy with red as well.
Punkā€™n and Mojito look very cool to me, but theyā€™re not for me.
All my clothes are earthtones too.
Boring old Joe

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ocean Blue is my favorite. But I have never bought a vehicle based on color. With my Jeep, the transmission of my Xterra failed, so I didn't have time to order. Ended up with a silver Jeep since it had the options I wanted and none I didn't want. My fiancee had banned me from mojito.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Out of the three that you have listed, I previously owned a Firecracker Red JK and Currently own a Punk'n JL. They are both nice colors. The punk'n is cool because it changes colors based on the light. It can range from a bright tic tac orange to a burnt orange/brown.

I would go with Punk'n.

As for Mojito, I never been able to stand it. I owned Hyper Green and liked Gecko but Mojito is just plain ugly to me.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Color is both hard and very easy. It's hard because there's a lot of good choices to choose from, making your decision tough. At the same time, it makes finding a vehicle on the lot easier since you don't have to be picky on color. When it came to ordering mine, I was stuck between Mojito, Billet Silver, Sting Grey, Granite, Black, and White. I would've considered Orange, Red, or the darker Blue color too. too. Jeeps look great in almost anything IMO.

jeepmikey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
I got stuck with black - long story short FCA bought back my bright white JLUR and the local dealership happened to have black with painted fenders, all options I specifically wanted. The exchange happens this Thursday, of course they now have a sting gray with everything painted / matching which I really wanted. Oh well..
Sponsored