Sponsored

Who doesn't enjoy a v8?

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
For years I've felt that there were a handful of options manufactures should offer that would be no brain-ers. Options that would sell out sight unseen at MSRP.

Wranglers with a HEMI would be towards the top of the list.

We could also use a new Ford Lightning Package.

A Buick Grand National (more like a new model than package but doable)

A new Syclone/ Typhoon from GMC (the CO platform would do fine)

Forced Induction on the BRZ/FRS.

AWD FORD Fiesta.

I could go on... Essentially stuff that people actually WANT to buy.

Choosing between a V6 or Turbo 4 in the wrangler, is like trying to decide which fat chick to bang. You want neither, but you have no other options.
ah me, my dream car, awd 2.0l turbo ford fiesta. one of my cars is a fiesta st. great little car. if i had the money, i would get a jl, upgrade the axles to pro rocks, add atlas transfer case, locking hubs, and a chevy v8. dunno what i'd do for the transmission as there is some who believe the 6 speed in teh jl is not strong enough though i would want a stick shift. my opinion the jeep screams for a v8. personally id want a v8 tuned for torque and decent mileage, not for crazy power.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I would love a V8

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
If I remember correctly, Jeep would have to completely make a change in the way they produce jeeps to fit the Hemi. With the current set up the production machinery would not fit to install the engine.
The JK’s were rumored to have failed all collision tests with hemi’s in them, so nothing ever came from the factory. I wondered if the JL being a new model may have been tested. Makes sense that an option like that would be offered later in a production run to boost sales...

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Hell if my tj ever blows an engine again i would be tempted to move the jl 3.6 to it and gat a v8 for the jl.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlrightAlready

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Well this thread took a turn... Gotta love political season lol. So, Bruiser also dropped an LS3 in the JL a while back and made an adapter to marry up to the factory 8-speed automatic. Wonder how well the 8 speed can keep up with the power.

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
Well this thread took a turn... Gotta love political season lol. So, Bruiser also dropped an LS3 in the JL a while back and made an adapter to marry up to the factory 8-speed automatic. Wonder how well the 8 speed can keep up with the power.
Had to hit the ignore button just to get back to the thread and away from the "interweb prowness".

Had been eyeing those doing JL V8 plug and play kits since the beginning. Think Bruiser was one of if not the first to go public. What I like about them is I could order a kit to essentially "drop in", in my own garage using the OE Transmission...which I believe is rated for around 500 lb ft.

OP
OP
AlrightAlready

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Had been eyeing those doing JL V8 plug and play kits since the beginning. Think Bruiser was one of if not the first to go public. What I like about them is I could order a kit to essentially "drop in", in my own garage using the OE Transmission...which I believe is rated for around 500 lb ft.
Unfortunately, they don't have a DIY kit for the JL yet. I wonder if they will. I have contacted them twice about an LS swap in the JL and never received a call back so I have my doubts on how well their system runs.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
0FCFDFE9-9BBD-42F8-A3CC-7A9E9AE2C011.jpeg

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
Unfortunately, they don't have a DIY kit for the JL yet. I wonder if they will. I have contacted them twice about an LS swap in the JL and never received a call back so I have my doubts on how well their system runs.
Ah... well would not surprise me to find they are using Motech for engine management (which is the most important part). However, I'd thought they'd have released a DIY kit by now. I've obviously not been keeping up with them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlrightAlready

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Yeah, Can't wait for motech to release their different stages. Although pricey, those guys have their sht dialed in before releasing anything. I think the success stories and severe lack of negative stories is a testament to the level of detail in their swaps. Watching through their whole series on the JL, I am pretty excited about that prospect.

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
EA66E68B-3234-4FAC-BC0C-79E50A84548D.jpeg
I really missed a V8, so much in fact I traded in my 7 month old JLUR for a 6.2L V8 GMC Sierra. Mashing the pedal on the 6.2L is a joy.

Sorry.

BTW I’m getting about 16.4mpg which is pretty dang good.
Sponsored