Who doesn't enjoy a v8?

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Followed the guys at Motech for years and always thought about doing their kit on my JKR but the supercharger lasted far longer than I thought the 3.6 could take. (Also bought SC used for less thatn 1/2 original cost so that helped)

That being said, I stumbled upon this video and did not see it posted on this website yet. Some of their JK builds are nuts.

Sponsored

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
Everyone admit it or not likes V8 performance for one reason or the other... too bad Jeep can't push the option. We all know it would sale.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm Happy, I've got the V8 performance in my RAM -

I don't need any more power for my JEEP !

What's the problem ??

W.E.

JIMBO

DUG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport
For years I've felt that there were a handful of options manufactures should offer that would be no brain-ers. Options that would sell out sight unseen at MSRP.

Wranglers with a HEMI would be towards the top of the list.

We could also use a new Ford Lightning Package.

A Buick Grand National (more like a new model than package but doable)

A new Syclone/ Typhoon from GMC (the CO platform would do fine)

Forced Induction on the BRZ/FRS.

AWD FORD Fiesta.

I could go on... Essentially stuff that people actually WANT to buy.

Choosing between a V6 or Turbo 4 in the wrangler, is like trying to decide which fat chick to bang. You want neither, but you have no other options.

Sponsored

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
V8 in a Wrangler would be sick. Maybe one day.
Although the v6 Sahara with 6MT is quite peppy for a daily driver

OP
OP
AlrightAlready

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
It will never happen based on warranty issues. How many guys blow stuff up with just a 300hp v6? A lot. Hell, my friends destroy their one tons with the 3.8 lol. Give me a hemi and all hell would break loose... Which, technically, I'm okay with.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
It will never happen based on warranty issues. How many guys blow stuff up with just a 300hp v6? A lot. Hell, my friends destroy their one tons with the 3.8 lol. Give me a hemi and all hell would break loose... Which, technically, I'm okay with.
Your wrong. The higher faster torque of the V8 just spins tires first. under powered breaks parts. I know,

Oregon 2007 106.JPG

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
you can thank Obama and the EPA for limiting V8 option, since they are fighting fuel economy rules going forward.

FCA is making the correct choices, saving the V8 for SRT, demon, trackhawk etc

Hopefully Trump can erase the stupid rules so market forces can decide what gets offered.
the 3.6 isnt bad in the JL but an engine with more TQ would be welcome. The 8spd helps quite a bit in these.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If I remember correctly, Jeep would have to completely make a change in the way they produce jeeps to fit the Hemi. With the current set up the production machinery would not fit to install the engine.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The V6 and turbo 4 have more power than many of the V8s I've had in my lifetime. My Jeep runs rings around my 2001 F150 5.4 and destroys it in fuel economy and NVH, too.

If I could choose, though, I'd take the Ecoboost V6 out of my Transit. 400 lbs of torque that feels all there at throttle tip in and it pulls hard, right up to redline.

The V8s of the 80s were mostly weak. The 90s we're better, but still not there.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Somewhere north of 845 threads on this topic, but in a nutshell an engineer that worked on all the solid axle Jeeps said that a V8 Wrangler has never happened and will never happen due to packaging issues, crash test issues, CAFE requirements, product necessity, and a few other reasons.

There is a huge difference between an aftermarket company doing V8 swaps on JK/JL at low volume and a global automaker mass producing V8 JK/JLs in a heavily regulated market.

The Pentastar makes 300 HP with a couple of basic bolt on mods, and the EcoDiesel makes 442 lbs/ft when it arrives later in 2019. How much more power do you need in a ~4,000 lb. topless vehicle?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
The Pentastar makes 300 HP with a couple of basic bolt on mods, and the EcoDiesel makes 442 lbs/ft when it arrives later in 2019. How much more power do you need in a ~4,000 lb. topless vehicle?[/QUOTE]

It not how much, but where it comes in. Here are some dyno charts. Not sure of the accuracy, but gives the idea of what I ( and most that like power ) want.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dyno-discussions.17515/#post-440984

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Somewhere north of 845 threads on this topic, but in a nutshell an engineer that worked on all the solid axle Jeeps said that a V8 Wrangler has never happened and will never happen due to packaging issues, crash test issues, CAFE requirements, product necessity, and a few other reasons.

There is a huge difference between an aftermarket company doing V8 swaps on JK/JL at low volume and a global automaker mass producing V8 JK/JLs in a heavily regulated market.

The Pentastar makes 300 HP with a couple of basic bolt on mods, and the EcoDiesel makes 442 lbs/ft when it arrives later in 2019. How much more power do you need in a ~4,000 lb. topless vehicle?
At one time I was running +900Hp and +900 torque in a CJ7 and over +1300 with a 400 HP shot of spray... some days I still never had enough....
of course I got a heavy CJ7 at over 5300 LBs.

OP
OP
AlrightAlready

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
I had 315whp in my JK with Sprintex (twin screw) supercharger after dyno tune (initial of 230 if I recall correctly.) Power was awesome but as somebody who enjoys LS engines, the power modern v8's put down is just way smoother and easier to control. Not to mention, they can produce better gas mileage on modified Jeeps than the 3.6. That being said, I LOVE my 3.6 as I beat on my JKR for 20,000 original then 50,000 supercharged cand trouble free miles of street racing everybody who would give me the time of day. Wheeled the daylights out of it (broke a handful of belts) in the sand, mud, rocks, trails and would go WOT at least a few times a day. I just posted this video as these guys to killer work and the owner originally frequented other forums and his customer service was (is) stellar.
They also produce a v8 swap legal in California in other words, they have their Sht together lol. While I will probably boost my 3.6 at some point as I already miss SC whine, I imagine it will eventually have either a 5.3 or 6.2 LS in it if they release a DIY builders kit. I plan on test driving a prodigy turbo setup when I can venture down to south FL to see which I would prefer, SC or Turbo.
Sponsored