Sponsored

Who added new track bars to their Mopar lifted JL?

Granizle

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Wrangler Sport JK, 2007 Wrangler Sahara JK
No need for apologies, just tossing it out there. The mopar kits just need some extra parts to get them sorted out, not a bad kit just somewhat incomplete.
I’m getting the Rock Krawler front and rear adjustable track bars installed as we speak. I’ll drop a review once I’ve driven with them for a while. They are certainly solid compared to hollow tube.
Sponsored

joshg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, Tesla Model S P90DL, Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
I’m getting the Rock Krawler front and rear adjustable track bars installed as we speak. I’ll drop a review once I’ve driven with them for a while. They are certainly solid compared to hollow tube.
Any review yet?

Granizle

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any review yet?
So far so good, there is a noticeable difference in ride quality. Handling on corners is a lot tighter and smooth. Feels more solid overall. Driving through a dip in the road or a row of pot holes off road it seems to stay straighter instead of the floating or thrashing the steering wheel. I think one would have to experience the huge improvement it’s made for themselves. In my opinion Rock Krawler did a good job designing the track bars. Originally I had tried ordering Rancho but they were on a long backorder list so I tried these out. No regrets at all.

Last edited:

JLRU3ICON

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL High Tide
So far so good, there is a noticeable difference in ride quality. Handling on corners is a lot tighter and smooth. Feels more solid overall. Driving through a dip in the road or a row of pot holes off road it seems to stay straighter instead of the floating or thrashing the steering wheel. I think one would have to experience the huge improvement it’s made for themselves. In my opinion Rock Krawler did a good job designing the track bars. Originally I had tried ordering Rancho but they were on a long backorder list so I tried these out. No regrets at all.
What made you go with front and rear? From what I have been reading you really only need front. I hope to hear anyones opinion!

Thanks

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
I did front and rear adjustable trackbars to center the axles. The best change was the addition of a rear relocation bracket (Teraflex). Made the rear end less squirrely on sharp turns or big speed bumps. Took about 1.5 hours to install (all inclusive). 2019 JL Rubi w/2" Mopar lift.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
What made you go with front and rear? From what I have been reading you really only need front. I hope to hear anyones opinion!

Thanks
Front is the most critical in handling but the rear is certainly noticeable too. I prefer using a raised bracket in the rear to center and improve roll center with the factory bar, when "fixing" mopar kits.

JLRU3ICON

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL High Tide
Front is the most critical in handling but the rear is certainly noticeable too. I prefer using a raised bracket in the rear to center and improve roll center with the factory bar, when "fixing" mopar kits.
Do you guys sell those or where can I find those?

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
watching this thread. I'm not really noticing an "issue" so unsure if I need to adjust the axle position. I'm off about 1" total between front and back. So many opinions on how to handle though. I'm not sure why you would adjust the front and not the back. Then in the back, there is a relocation bracket and an adjustable TB. I was looking at steer smarts or Synergy for a tie rod and drag ling. But both either make a front OR a rear, but I don't see that they make both. So for track bars, looking at Rock Krawler or Metalcloak. But also curious if its worth the $400, give or take.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
http://rockkrawler.com/rear-track-bar-relocation-kit/
I don’t understand this in the notes...
  • The rear track bar relocation bracket can be installed by itself with 2.5" of lift
  • A vehicle with a stock exhaust system cannot have both the track bar and track bar relocation bracket unless there is 3.5" of lift or more

It is saying that the minimum required lift to install the bracket is 2.5", of course the Mopar is way above the 2" lift that they advertise, so it's fine there.

The second note is saying that below 3.5" of lift you can not use the bracket AND an adjustable track bar with the stock exhaust as an interference will exist between the exhaust and the track bar. The potential exists that some aftermarket exhausts could have the same issue, we can't possibly test every exhaust for fitment. At 3.5" of lift or more, no interference concerns exist.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is saying that the minimum required lift to install the bracket is 2.5", of course the Mopar is way above the 2" lift that they advertise, so it's fine there.

The second note is saying that below 3.5" of lift you can not use the bracket AND an adjustable track bar with the stock exhaust as an interference will exist between the exhaust and the track bar. The potential exists that some aftermarket exhausts could have the same issue, we can't possibly test every exhaust for fitment. At 3.5" of lift or more, no interference concerns exist.
But the RK bracket and the factory track bar would be fine? Am I reading that correct?

without getting to technical, can you explain a little more why you prefer the bracket in the rear over a a replacement with an adjustable track bar? Brackets tend to make me skeptic because of the additional hardware and additional point of "weakness" for lack of better words.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To add to that.... after doing some more reading, it looks like everyone's variance is difference after lifting. Could be because the lifts aren't all exactly the same height. For example, I'm off 1/2" in the back and 1/2" in the front. but I've read others are off 3/4-1 inch each. Others have claimed theirs are dead one after the same mopar lift. This would mean that either the factory track bar or the axles have a variance from the start. A bracket would not fix that to find true center.

I was reading some reviews for the AEV lift that comes with a rear track bar relocation bracket. More than 1 person claim their rear axle is still not center after the lift. They have no adjustability in that and would still need an adjustable track bar.

silver

First Name
Jeannie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver JLUR
I added a Metal Cloak front track bar to my mopar lift, it fixed the 3/4 inch off on the driver side. after a month or so, i decided to add Metal Cloak front lower control arms for caster adjustment, they are in shipping now.

I don't think i need adjustable rear control arms, anyone have an opinion?
How do you like the Metalcloak track bars? We bought them, but haven't installed yet. Does it make a big difference?

bgj1010

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Systems Engineer - Manager
The dealership said the Mopar lift doesn't need a longer bar. Seems legit, mine has been square since install half a year ago. Buuuut, I bent my stock track bar wheeling this weekend. Fun stuff, steering wheel upside down til today. I bent it back until my JKS comes Thursday. Nice and beefy, adjustable...
IMG_20190914_191212.jpg

Granizle

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks
When I had gotten the Mopar 2” lift the front axle tracked over 1 1/4 “ to the drivers side and the rear tracked to the passenger side just about the same so the track bars corrected that.

Granizle

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL, Impossible really. welcome to my ignore list.
Well I could see the difference looking down the body line so you can say what you like. It’s not like I can go back in time and show anyone the tape measure.
Sponsored

Last edited: