Sponsored

Who added new track bars to their Mopar lifted JL?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
they're putting the new one for Mopar to update on my Jeep as a speak I will pick it up tomorrow might as well try that for free if it works then I'm good. Well they called and said it's ready to pick up that is still pulls everyone tries to tell me it's a tire pull it's not unless all 5 tires are bad. We've rotated all the tires in different positions even put last are on the left side then the right like for PSI it still pulls guess I'll have to get control arms that are adjustable.it could just be that style tire but I know people that run Cooper SST pros all the time with no problems but I drove straight with a 1250 s when I put the 1350s it started pulling its just arrived outside the crown I've got to get adjustable control arms that I can just what I hope I'm not wasting my money and it doesn't fix it.they said mechanic said he it stopped the shimmy it never sent me before so I don't know what he's talking about course then they say they can't believe I don't have a dual stabilizer on there. Most all Jeeps have only one
There seems to be a bad batch of Cooper STT Pros. Quite a few people have been dealing with a strong pull. There are threads about it in here and other forums.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Don't know if the updated version that they came out with on the track bar from Mopar is any good or not does anyone know is it really be feared than the stock one that came on it I can't tell I've had it on there for about 6 months now still have a pool should I spend the money on adjustable track bar like the jks one or am I just wasting my money? Some people said as long as your axle straight don't waste your money on one sewing measuring my hand and said my accent was straight and they more or less came out and said it's not going to fix my pool but it can't hurt so it's not going to fix my pool am I just wasting my money on a track bar from jks that's adjustable? I don't want to waste 250 plus labor to put it on and it does nothing if my axle is almost or is straight like a shop that aligned it by hand and straighten my axle and measured everything said my axle is straight. What do y'all think should I save my money and not put are they jcast adjustable if it's not going to do anyting if my axle straight already because it won't stop the pull they said what do you think?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know if the updated version that they came out with on the track bar from Mopar is any good or not does anyone know is it really be feared than the stock one that came on it I can't tell I've had it on there for about 6 months now still have a pool should I spend the money on adjustable track bar like the jks one or am I just wasting my money? Some people said as long as your axle straight don't waste your money on one sewing measuring my hand and said my accent was straight and they more or less came out and said it's not going to fix my pool but it can't hurt so it's not going to fix my pool am I just wasting my money on a track bar from jks that's adjustable? I don't want to waste 250 plus labor to put it on and it does nothing if my axle is almost or is straight like a shop that aligned it by hand and straighten my axle and measured everything said my axle is straight. What do y'all think should I save my money and not put are they jcast adjustable if it's not going to do anyting if my axle straight already because it won't stop the pull they said what do you think?
I don't know about the revised version, but I swapped my original for a Rancho. That Rancho is solid beef. Super heavy and strong. I really like the bushings on it, too. I may throw one on the rear, too, at some point.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Considering my JLs geometry has been thrown off by around 3" of lift from the Mopar kit I installed, I'm considering adding new front and rear track bars or a new front track bar and a rear track bar relocation bracket.

Interested in hearing who has added new track bars and which manufacturer and how much did it improve your handling and steering?
Did a 3.5" Teraflex lift on my wife's and replaced the factory track bar with the Teraflex track bar instead of doing the track bar bracket relocation and it made a difference. After only 50k miles the factory track bar had significant wear on it.
Running the Steersmarts track bar on my jeep and no complaints there either.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
How does a trackbar "wear"? The bushings?

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
How does a trackbar "wear"? The bushings?
The TB purpose is to keep the axle from moving side to side... to keep it "tracking" correctly under the Jeep. As such there is a lot of pressure on the bushings on each end of the bar where it bolts to the frame and axle. When those bushings wear they allow movement which allows the axle to go side to side. It doesn't take much of that axle going side to side to start giving you trouble at the wheel.

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
Over the next week I plan to carve out time to install my Mopar lift (newest version ending in 'AD') along with Teraflex IR adjustable front track bar, Teraflex IR LCA's and Teraflex rear track bar relocation bracket. Still not sure exactly what changes (if any) are in the newest 'AD' Mopar kit, maybe new front spring perches yet again but I picked up the RK ones just in case...Hopefully, this 'newest' Mopar lift will also be just the claimed 2 inches of lift on my JLR and maybe even a tad lower after adding Warn front and rear bumpers and a winch. (Staying with 35's and want no more than 2 inches of lift on a 2-door) Will post a review of lift height and changes to ride/handling both after the lift install and then again after adding bumpers and winch...
How did it come out?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
How did it come out?

In the end, GREAT! It was an 'adventure' to be sure...First after installing the Mopar lift (using the RK spring perches) she was 3/4 inch low on the passenger front (was dead level with OEM springs) so I thought the RK perches might be partially responsible as they are not 'left and right' as the Mopar ones-the right side Mopar perch is a bit taller than the left and is mirror imaged, so I removed them and installed the Mopar ones. Helped just a bit but not quite even 1/4 inch. Then thought one of the Mopar springs might be defective or incorrectly labeled so ordered a replacement pair-turns out the Mopar instructions on the 2-door have the left and right front springs switched. Installed the new springs with the longer spring (Mopar has this one going on the driver side) on the passenger side (both OEM front and rear springs are longer on the passenger side) and now front is less than 1/8 inch low- a win! Love the Teraflex adjustable IR control arms (replaced all eight) and the Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket is solid and well designed, added an adjustable Rancho rear trackbar to dead center the rear axle. Also installed a Rancho parking brake relocation kit.

On the front end I wound up using a Steer Smarts drag link, Steer Smarts Rubi-length tie rod and all black Steer Smarts trackbar. I also took off the Synergy trackbar/sector shaft brace and installed the Rancho trackbar support only-should have gone this direction to begin with...To wrap up the front end I added a Fox 2.0 TS top mount stabilizer and used the Synergy trackbar bolt/stabilizer stud for passenger side mounting. (This is why I sold the Teraflex trackbar-on full right turns the Fox stabilizer was just too close the the adjustment sleeve of the Teraflex for comfort-the Steer Smarts clamps can be rotated for clearance)
Since I am running 35" KO2's on stock Rubi rims, I installed a set of BORA custom 1.25" black wheel spacers-fit fine with the stock Rubi wheels due to the 'pockets' that give a bit of room for the stock studs without having to cut them.

When it was all said and done (before bumpers and winch) she netted just a tad under 2.5 inches lift in front and just a tad over 2 inches lift in the rear. While ride and handling are great, I am going to bump the caster just a little (+ 1/2 degree) by shorting the adjustable upper control arms and see how that feels. Even though I like the way it drives and handles now, Steer Smarts recommends setting the toe out...May have to try this out (pun intended!) and see what differences there are in handling.

I have installed the front bumper and winch. Just installed the rear bumper but still have to fine-tune it's alignment (damm OCD!) so I have not remeasured the lift height after adding this additional weight. Initial seat of the pants feel however with just a short drive is very positive-it seems like the front springs are now preloaded just enough to reduce nosedive when breaking and everything feels properly 'planted'.

Note on the Warn Elite rear bumper: If you are running 35's on stock rims (at least on a Rubi with the optional factory tailgate support) you will need a 1/2 inch spacer for the spare for proper fitment-otherwise the tailgate will not shut properly. I ordered a custom 1/2" spacer from BORA, fits perfect and there are plenty of stud threads left for secure mounting of the spare.

Sorry for such a lengthy 'book review'...

Last edited:

Sponsored

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Having the Mopar 2” lift kit installed at my dealer tomorrow. I asked about the part number and they said the new part number ends in “AE”. Does anyone know if it was revised again??

Also, I am contemplating spending nearly a grand in parts on Steer Smarts YETI XD Draglink with Griffin XD Attenuator and a YETI XD Front Track Bar. I would attempt the install myself since I have most of the tools but I am looking for any insight on whether or not this is overkill. I don’t want a visit from the wobble of death.
Will be running 35s for reference.

Kmarc86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
I got rancho front and rear adjustable track bars. They are higher quality than stock, but I had them installed at the same time as the MOPAR lift. I love the handling, but I don't know how much the track bars played into that. Axles are dead center.

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Having the Mopar 2” lift kit installed at my dealer tomorrow. I asked about the part number and they said the new part number ends in “AE”. Does anyone know if it was revised again??

Also, I am contemplating spending nearly a grand in parts on Steer Smarts YETI XD Draglink with Griffin XD Attenuator and a YETI XD Front Track Bar. I would attempt the install myself since I have most of the tools but I am looking for any insight on whether or not this is overkill. I don’t want a visit from the wobble of death.
Will be running 35s for reference.
I added it all. From synergy to yeti components up front. Including sector shaft brace and rancho geometry brackets. I didn’t really need them as my install seemed ok and caster was good. Drove well. Everything tightened up a bit for me.

the big difference for me was the rear track bar relocation bracket. Made a world of difference in handling and can be had for $50-$100 and 30-45 minute install. Consider this to the list.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 2" Mopar lift installed by the dealership, it tended to drift to the right and couldn't be aligned. Had dealership install the Mopar rear relocation bracket and was then able to align it.
Note: mine is a 2 door and the lift is for a 4 door, I'd say it equals roughly a 3 1/2 inch lift.

IMG_1898.jpg
with those wheels did you need spacers on the lift?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I got rancho front and rear adjustable track bars. They are higher quality than stock, but I had them installed at the same time as the MOPAR lift. I love the handling, but I don't know how much the track bars played into that. Axles are dead center.
did you have to run spacers on the stock willy wheel with this mopar kit?
Sponsored