Sponsored

Who added new track bars to their Mopar lifted JL?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
When I had gotten the Mopar 2” lift the front axle tracked over 1 1/4 “ to the drivers side and the rear tracked to the passenger side just about the same so the track bars corrected that.
Not unusual given the lift height. I’m only running a 1.5” spacer lift, and my front was out enough to annoy me. Adjustable front track took care of it.
Sponsored

Granizle

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Wrangler Sport JK, 2007 Wrangler Sahara JK
Technically I guess I should have said the rubber stuck out past the fender 1 1/4 “ compared to the 1/4 “ on the opposite side. So I stand corrected if some want to get bent out of shape over wording. Regardless the track bars solved the issue.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
How do you like the Metalcloak track bars? We bought them, but haven't installed yet. Does it make a big difference?
I love the Metal Cloak front track bar and lower control arms, the ride is awesome now! I actually wish I went with the Metal Cloak lift instead of Mopar, at the time warranty concerns was worth it.

silver

First Name
Jeannie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver JLUR
I love the Metal Cloak front track bar and lower control arms, the ride is awesome now! I actually wish I went with the Metal Cloak lift instead of Mopar, at the time warranty concerns was worth it.
Are the track bars difficult to install? Did you have to grind it to make the opening bigger, like it mentions in the directions? it seems that everything we try to do, we have to redo 2 or more times. I am learning a lot and I like working on the Jeep, but it does get disheartening at times. I'm glad that there a bunch of YouTube videos. They help quite a bit. We're just new to this whole thing and we have absolutely no idea what we are doing.

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
Are the track bars difficult to install? Did you have to grind it to make the opening bigger, like it mentions in the directions? it seems that everything we try to do, we have to redo 2 or more times. I am learning a lot and I like working on the Jeep, but it does get disheartening at times. I'm glad that there a bunch of YouTube videos. They help quite a bit. We're just new to this whole thing and we have absolutely no idea what we are doing.
do the steersmarts trackbar. adjustable after its installed. way easier!

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
do the steersmarts trackbar. adjustable after its installed. way easier!
So is the Teraflex Alpine trackbar. Way, way easier to adjust by yourself than older style trackbars.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Each of the Metal Cloak items (track bar, control arms) are adjustable, unlike Mopar items. Due to time constraints I had, I gave the parts to Summit 4x4 to install, they did not mention any need to enlarge holes.

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
Each of the Metal Cloak items (track bar, control arms) are adjustable, unlike Mopar items. Due to time constraints I had, I gave the parts to Summit 4x4 to install, they did not mention any need to enlarge holes.
nice!

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I have little mechanical experience and installed steersmarts in an hour with my wife. Adjusts on jeep. Was really easy

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For what its worth.... I ended up installing a Rancho front and rear adjustable track bars. I went with them strictly out of costs. They were approximately 175$ each, so $350 total investment. They are significantly beefier than stock. The bushings are dramatically different. Justification was anything would be an upgrade from stock in quality and allow me to re-center both axles. Also, I wasn't looking for anything with serviceable joints. Some require greasing and I didn't feel that was necessary for my use.

They took about 1.5, tops to install both by myself. Probably less if I had someone to help me align the front axle mount holes when I started. I ended up phoning a friend to help finish. I'm honestly not sure if you can align the front holes by yourself so make sure you have a friend.

Results.... HUGE difference in ride quality. The vehicle was lifted when I purchased it, so I didn't know any different. After 2 weeks and 1 interstate road trip, significant difference. Highly recommend. Ride quality is better than my stock 2017 now. and I had low expectations so I'm not just saying that to justify my 350$.

Also, some have mentioned that the kit should have come with track bars. I agree. but you get what you pay for. A similar kit with track bars is about 400$ more, so same costs. And I think aftermarket bushings are better in this case.

Hind sight.... I slightly wish I would have ordered Metalcloak bars for the extra 40$. Mostly because I want the newly released Metalcloak drag link and tie rod and it would be nice if everything matched. However, those weren't out when I ordered track bars so oh well.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Was that the new updated one from the Mopar?
Seeing as most of this thread is older I’d say it’s not the newest kit and he got lucky. Install the kit and see how yours is, then add track bars/relocation kit if you feel the need. I did front rough country adjustable track bar and rear super lift bracket for $200 total. That put total cost of kit at $1300 which isn’t bad. Other kits are around that price ($1300) without shocks that include track bar corrections, so pick your poison. Adding shocks will be at least $400 (bilstein) and probably more.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Over the next week I plan to carve out time to install my Mopar lift (newest version ending in 'AD') along with Teraflex IR adjustable front track bar, Teraflex IR LCA's and Teraflex rear track bar relocation bracket. Still not sure exactly what changes (if any) are in the newest 'AD' Mopar kit, maybe new front spring perches yet again but I picked up the RK ones just in case...Hopefully, this 'newest' Mopar lift will also be just the claimed 2 inches of lift on my JLR and maybe even a tad lower after adding Warn front and rear bumpers and a winch. (Staying with 35's and want no more than 2 inches of lift on a 2-door) Will post a review of lift height and changes to ride/handling both after the lift install and then again after adding bumpers and winch...

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
they're putting the new one for Mopar to update on my Jeep as a speak I will pick it up tomorrow might as well try that for free if it works then I'm good. Well they called and said it's ready to pick up that is still pulls everyone tries to tell me it's a tire pull it's not unless all 5 tires are bad. We've rotated all the tires in different positions even put last are on the left side then the right like for PSI it still pulls guess I'll have to get control arms that are adjustable.it could just be that style tire but I know people that run Cooper SST pros all the time with no problems but I drove straight with a 1250 s when I put the 1350s it started pulling its just arrived outside the crown I've got to get adjustable control arms that I can just what I hope I'm not wasting my money and it doesn't fix it.they said mechanic said he it stopped the shimmy it never sent me before so I don't know what he's talking about course then they say they can't believe I don't have a dual stabilizer on there. Most all Jeeps have only one
Sponsored