Sponsored

Who added new track bars to their Mopar lifted JL?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Go with Rancho or wait for Synergy who has a track-bar coming. JKS also has one but not seen a review.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said, I've got no experience with RC. I bought the Rancho track bar. I haven't installed it yet, but that'll happen soon.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
THanks guys. I ended up ordering the one from SteerSmarts. Hopefully the price is worth it.
The problem with the SteerSmarts is it's not a great design. The way the adjuster is setup is silly for a track bar as you will never need to adjust it that much. That adjuster comes with a bunch of added complexity and therefore weakness.

A simple adjuster with a jam nut at one end is bulletproof and all you need. Rancho, Metalcloak, JKS, and others works this way. It's just SteerSmart that decided to be fancy to justify a high price from those who think bigger/complex is better.

Carlitox125

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord
The problem with the SteerSmarts is it's not a great design. The way the adjuster is setup is silly for a track bar as you will never need to adjust it that much. That adjuster comes with a bunch of added complexity and therefore weakness.

A simple adjuster with a jam nut at one end is bulletproof and all you need. Rancho, Metalcloak, JKS, and others works this way. It's just SteerSmart that decided to be fancy to justify a high price from those who think bigger/complex is better.
Damn, which I read this before I ordered. I really wanted to order something that would work and be on the cheaper side.thanks for your review

Sponsored

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
The yeti is the only solid track bar out of the group the rest are all hollow dom tubing not that anything is wrong with that just saying

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Considering my JLs geometry has been thrown off by around 3" of lift from the Mopar kit I installed, I'm considering adding new front and rear track bars or a new front track bar and a rear track bar relocation bracket.

Interested in hearing who has added new track bars and which manufacturer and how much did it improve your handling and steering?
Icon Stage 8 suspension here with HD track bars front and rear. No issues with axle alignment or anything else.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Good afternoon. I installed the 2” Mopar Lift on my JL sport and am looking for an adjustable front Track bar to alight the axle ( I didn’t look at the rear). I believe my Jeep lifted into the 3” range.

I need to order from Extreme Terrain because of a credit I have with them... so I was looking into the Rough Country track bar for 2.5”-6” lift. Anyone know if this is appropriate since my lift is considered a 2” lift? Anyone dislike this track bar? Ideally would like a JKS trackbar but it isn’t available with ExtremeTerrain

Thanks
I have that lift and put the Steer Smarts Yeti adjustable trackbar on the front (more for death wobble prevention than adjustability), but my axle was only an 1/8th of an inch off center after the lift, so I set the SS Yeti up to be the almost the same length as the stock one. Did not change the rear trackbar. FYI, given how much extra height (beyond advertised) that lift gives, I tried trackbar relocation brackets on both ends (to get the trackbar more parallel with the axle), but they made the handling considerably worse, so I took them back off.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Was this with the mopar factory lift?

I’m actually a bit surprised the mopar lift does not include relocation brackets for the trackbars. Are they not needed? Is 3/4” offset acceptable?
Was this with the mopar factory lift?

I’m actually a bit surprised the mopar lift does not include relocation brackets for the trackbars. Are they not needed? Is 3/4” offset acceptable?
I've got the Mopar lift, and given how much height beyond advertised, I tried trackbar relocation brackets on both ends (to get the trackbar more parallel with the axle), but they made the handling MUCH worse, so I took them back off. Overall my handling is good, but I wonder about adjustable lower control arms to get a smidge more castor angle back - everybody seems to think the Mopar LCAs are a little short. Of course, as the springs settle, that becomes less and less true, so maybe I will just procrastinate...

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Go with Rancho or wait for Synergy who has a track-bar coming. JKS also has one but not seen a review.
I’ve used JKS trackbars on a several JK’s, and they are top notch. They use a factory style bushing that doesn’t require maintenance, and run quite.

Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

So I'm about to order a new track bar but are on the fence between the yeti and rancho. My ride is mostly street with minor trail (hunting) and don't want to change anything today that will have to be changed in a couple years. The yeti seems to be getting great reviews but I am also confused about the design and was wondering if the rancho would get me the same result. Price isn't an issue and I'll pay the extra money for the yeti if there is that much of a difference. What's your thought on the direction I should take?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
The yeti is the only solid track bar out of the group the rest are all hollow dom tubing not that anything is wrong with that just saying
Rock Krawler's track bars are solid 1.5" Steel.

Buckleup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Jl 2.0
Two days ago I had the JKS Track-bar, rear track-bar relocation bracket, premium caster eccentric hardware and Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer set pretty high on the adjustment -and a “high caster alignment” and it drives like a totally different vehicle. I am very happy so far.

I had previously had the Mopar 2/4 inch lift. My axles were off about 3/4 of and inch. I’m now within 1/8 inch

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Rock Krawler's track bars are solid 1.5" Steel.
My apologies I believe at the time i bought you guys had not yet released yours yet. But i stand corrected . Your spring perchs have done their job well and i wish i had just done one of your lift kits rather than the mopar shit kit im suffering with

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
My apologies I believe at the time i bought you guys had not yet released yours yet. But i stand corrected . Your spring perchs have done their job well and i wish i had just done one of your lift kits rather than the mopar shit kit im suffering with
No need for apologies, just tossing it out there. The mopar kits just need some extra parts to get them sorted out, not a bad kit just somewhat incomplete.
Sponsored