Sponsored

Who added new track bars to their Mopar lifted JL?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Are these the only two items you used to "finish" the Mopar kit? Meaning, did you have to add anything else to make corrections?
If you go with the Mopar kit, I'd wait and see it after it is done. My axles are centered perfectly. Make sure whoever installs it follows the installation instructions PRECISELY, including the alignment specs. Don't spend the money if you don't have to. If it doesn't line up, then you can always go back and add the adjustable track bars to line it up.
Sponsored

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I put a rc dual shock steering stabilizer on, but that’s only because the factory one didn’t handle my bigger tires very well. Also you’ll need adjustable lower control arms so you can increase castor to eliminate that wandering everyone’s talking about.
What size tires and wheels do you have?

I am considering the dual shock from RC as well.

Interesting, the more I read about this, the more it points me toward the RK kit that has a lot of the parts already.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I put a rc dual shock steering stabilizer on, but that’s only because the factory one didn’t handle my bigger tires very well. Also you’ll need adjustable lower control arms so you can increase castor to eliminate that wandering everyone’s talking about.
While I've seen those complaints, mine doesn't do that either. I just can't help but think some are not installing some part of it correctly, but who knows? Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe tires? I'm running 35" KO2s.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW makes a good point, I’ve heard of guys getting exactly 2” with their mopar lifts, but the majority of guys I’ve heard got over 3 inches like I did. If you do get the 2” then you shouldn’t have to purchase anything else. It’s the added height that creates the need for them.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
That’s a good kit, but does it come with shocks? I have 35/12.50 nitto ridge grapplers, real happy with them so far.
Depends on the level of kit you get. You can get it without shocks and add what you want or with one of two shock options from them.

Yeah, looking at the same tires but as 37x13.5

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on the level of kit you get. You can get it without shocks and add what you want or with one of two shock options from them.

Yeah, looking at the same tires but as 37x13.5
I wheel my Jeep pretty hard, out about every weekend, so I wanted to have my lift components and suspension covered by warranty, that’s the reason I went with mopar lift and had dealer install it. Getting over 3 inches is what led to all the other parts I added. But I like the springs and shocks that came with it, rides real nice on the road and so far has performed great off road.

Cubbie Blu

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 2" Mopar lift installed by the dealership, it tended to drift to the right and couldn't be aligned. Had dealership install the Mopar rear relocation bracket and was then able to align it.
Note: mine is a 2 door and the lift is for a 4 door, I'd say it equals roughly a 3 1/2 inch lift.

IMG_1898.jpg

#HERJL18

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder
I was running the Mopar lift with 37" KO2s beginning in May 2018. I began having severe death wobble in August/September at 7,000 miles. The dealership at that time told me it was impossible on the new Jeeps and refused to acknowledge it. They finally came out with the TSB to replace the defective Steering Stabilizers. But that wasn't a good enough "fix" for me with the fear that it wasn't the only problem. So I have replaced the controls arms and track bar with Metal Cloak. And I also replaced the SS with the Falcon adjustable since mine was in the defective date range. So I currently have a half MC/half Mopar lift since I am still running the Mopar springs and the Fox shocks. I adjusted the caster to 6.5 and it rides awesome now with over 5,000 miles on the new setup. My goal is to get the 3.5" MC springs and new shocks to go full MC this year.

Cubbie Blu

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
a what? part#?
It's a Mopar rear track bar relocation bracket. I'll send an email to the dealership parts manager for a part #.

Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
It's a Mopar rear track bar relocation bracket. I'll send an email to the dealership parts manager for a part #.
Thank You... Didn't know Mopar had a rear track bar bracket.

Cubbie Blu

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
10526 rough country, my mistake dealer ordered it for me.

Carlitox125

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord
Good afternoon. I installed the 2” Mopar Lift on my JL sport and am looking for an adjustable front Track bar to alight the axle ( I didn’t look at the rear). I believe my Jeep lifted into the 3” range.

I need to order from Extreme Terrain because of a credit I have with them... so I was looking into the Rough Country track bar for 2.5”-6” lift. Anyone know if this is appropriate since my lift is considered a 2” lift? Anyone dislike this track bar? Ideally would like a JKS trackbar but it isn’t available with ExtremeTerrain

Thanks

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good afternoon. I installed the 2” Mopar Lift on my JL sport and am looking for an adjustable front Track bar to alight the axle ( I didn’t look at the rear). I believe my Jeep lifted into the 3” range.

I need to order from Extreme Terrain because of a credit I have with them... so I was looking into the Rough Country track bar for 2.5”-6” lift. Anyone know if this is appropriate since my lift is considered a 2” lift? Anyone dislike this track bar? Ideally would like a JKS trackbar but it isn’t available with ExtremeTerrain

Thanks
I don't have experience with Rough Country, but it should be able to center your axle perfectly. I've never heard anything bad about their products.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I don't have experience with Rough Country, but it should be able to center your axle perfectly. I've never heard anything bad about their products.
I would look at rough country as a last choice (for suspension stuff), its been historically cheap.

Didnt JL life already replace his on youtube?
Sponsored

Last edited: