Sponsored

Who added new track bars to their Mopar lifted JL?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Considering my JLs geometry has been thrown off by around 3" of lift from the Mopar kit I installed, I'm considering adding new front and rear track bars or a new front track bar and a rear track bar relocation bracket.

Interested in hearing who has added new track bars and which manufacturer and how much did it improve your handling and steering?
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Considering my JLs geometry has been thrown off by around 3" of lift from the Mopar kit I installed, I'm considering adding new front and rear track bars or a new front track bar and a rear track bar relocation bracket.

Interested in hearing who has added new track bars and which manufacturer and how much did it improve your handling and steering?
Measure how far your front / rear wheels are shifted left/right and you will know if you need a track bar.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Installed JKS... least expensive and most stout! You have to unbolt to adjust, but when installing, if you measure correctly the amount the vehicle has shifted by half and adjust the new track bar that much longer should be spot on.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

Dealer installed mine, I did not do anything. Drives and rides perfectly!

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I added a Metal Cloak front track bar to my mopar lift, it fixed the 3/4 inch off on the driver side. after a month or so, i decided to add Metal Cloak front lower control arms for caster adjustment, they are in shipping now.

I don't think i need adjustable rear control arms, anyone have an opinion?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I added a Metal Cloak front track bar to my mopar lift, it fixed the 3/4 inch off on the driver side. after a month or so, i decided to add Metal Cloak front lower control arms for caster adjustment, they are in shipping now.

I don't think i need adjustable rear control arms, anyone have an opinion?
Need no, it shouldn't affect any part of drivability from what I could tell / noticed .

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
I did Rock Krawler adjustable track bars. I was off .75" front and rear.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I did Rock Krawler adjustable track bars. I was off .75" front and rear.
Was this with the mopar factory lift?

I’m actually a bit surprised the mopar lift does not include relocation brackets for the trackbars. Are they not needed? Is 3/4” offset acceptable?

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
Was this with the mopar factory lift?

I’m actually a bit surprised the mopar lift does not include relocation brackets for the trackbars. Are they not needed? Is 3/4” offset acceptable?
Yes, Mopar lift. I'm new to the jeep thing. .75 x 2 1.5 inches was too much for me. Maybe acceptable to some.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Yes, Mopar lift. I'm new to the jeep thing. .75 x 2 1.5 inches was too much for me. Maybe acceptable to some.
Totally understand your decision. I don’t know what the general rule is regarding axle offset. I would have done the same especially since the stock trackbars have been given a poor review by some lift shops.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Rough Country forged adjustable track bar

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Do you need front and rear to get everything back in alignment?

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I did just because I like the adjustability, you could go with relocation brackets but then later if you decide to go with higher lift you will have to address the issue again. Plus you can get axles centered exactly, where brackets are size specific. My axles were off 3/4” front and rear.
Which ones did you use?

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I have rough country on front and rock Krawler on rear, because rough country doesn’t make one for rear for some reason. There both good products imo, I like the rc because it has an adjustable sleeve so you can adjust it while it’s installed, where rk you have to lower one end, adjust it then re-attach it.
Are these the only two items you used to "finish" the Mopar kit? Meaning, did you have to add anything else to make corrections?
Sponsored