Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Firebird that had the power window toggles on the center console.
The only cars I've had with the window switches on the center console, where the few mid 80's turbodiesel Mercedes that I cycled through back in the day. Right beside the cup holders is not the best place for electrical switches. Lol!
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see your point, but most cars automatically come with A/C. I drive an Accord everyday and of course I use the A/C, but the Jeep will be a toy, not a DD. I likely won’t take it out in the rain, or salt, or super hot/humid conditions. Nonetheless, I’ll still get it partly due to some of the excellent responses I’ve received. I wasn’t losing sleep over it, more of just a curiosity.
You're gonna love the JL! You might need a battery tender for the accord. Hahaha!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it was a weird set up too until my friend with small kids bought 4 door. Him and the wife can have the doors off and the kids are relatively contained. And he still has control of the windows if needed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually uses A/C? 1pgnu6

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Funny you bring up the window buttons on the dash. I wish I had a dollar for every passenger in my Jeep that slid their hand along the arm rest like that would make the button magically appear.
Your “why” are the buttons there is also a good question. I’ve read it’s because the doors are removable but you still have to disconnect a harness to remove the doors.
If you remove just the front doors, you can still roll up the back windows. Less weight and complexity in the doors. Less wiring in the harness that you disconnect. There's still several good reasons they are where they are.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually uses A/C? 9DFB5275-5EB2-4567-9726-82A2D10D3EBD

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
Why would you have such a woman in your vehicle? I find they are the most fun in such a condition.🤭
You, my friend, have obviously not been married for 50 years. :)

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
H-U-M-I-D-I-T-Y

oh... and let’s not forget about resale value & appeal. If 10 used buyers were interested in purchasing your vehicle with A/C option, your resale interest will be down to give or take 2 out of 10 still interested. Saving $1300 will end up costing you much more in the long run. JMO

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
The only cars I've had with the window switches on the center console, where the few mid 80's turbodiesel Mercedes that I cycled through back in the day. Right beside the cup holders is not the best place for electrical switches. Lol!
My GTO has the window and traction control switches on the console too - next to the cup holders. The upside of that is it made it easy to adjust to the JLU.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Headbarcode and Zandcwhite for the heads up on why the buttons are on the dash. I never thought if you only removed the front doors. I of course have OCD (obsessive compulsive dummy in my case.) I have to take all 4 off.
With these crazy lawsuits I can also see a situation where someone is turning around in the car while driving on the highway to hit the rear window switch, crashes and Sue’s Jeep.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Houston, SubTropical climate, and lots of rain. Need I say more??

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Gulf coast from April to November

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Typically, when I use my AC:
-When I have the kids with me (3/9m). They're not a fan of the top down on the highway yet and I'd rather not have them terrified of the Jeep for life. Plus, if it's over 85+, I'll use it for them. My wife also gets heat exhaustion if she so much as looks at the temp over 80, so if she's with me that's another scenario.
-Hot thunderstorm weather.
-Job interviews in the summer.
-Long highway drives.
-Any time I have a bunch of stuff in the back (ex: Grocery pick up, driving to vacation, etc)
Sponsored