First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
I have a (mostly) fully-loaded 21 JLUR, took it offroad 2 weeks after getting it.
That's why I bought it, and I friggin love every minute of owning it!
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep has done LOTS of off roading in its first 54k miles, all over the country. It all started with only 700 miles on the clock.

For all the grinding, bumping, and thumping I've done to my Jeep, including getting stuck in big rocks so badly it took a winch, snatch block, Hi-Lift Jack, 4 guys, and an hour to get it out, it is remarkably unscathed. I have bruised a cross member (many times), nailed and gouged the FAD skid plate (aftermarket, thicker than stock) and scraped the frame rails and T-case skid, and dragged the Rancho diff skids over rocks. But it is surprising to me how little actual damage that's done to it. I hit it with Rustoleum Rust Reformer and it's ready for the next trail.

My 2008 has 14 years of off-roading on its resume. It still looks and drives like new.
But for all that, I do baby them with good maintenance practices and what I beieve are the best oils and fluids. I keep them very clean, too, so even the old 2008 is rust free, even after 162k miles.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I haven't had mine off road for months.

Wait, weeks. Feels like months. :asshat:

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Wait, weeks. Feels like months.
44 days and counting for me :(

I don't do snow and I don't like camping in really cold temperatures so my next trip might be awhile. I have some backcountry reservations for April 2022, if I can last that long.

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
i just got my Extreme Recon but took her out on her first proper trail yesterday. Some very Gnarly steps to climb but did it all without a scratch. Had a sport s before this and never felt as confident as i do in the Rubicon. i just need to get myself out of the way and let her do what she is very capable of doing!

85B7F27A-6515-427E-B367-AA65DE8B3376.jpeg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
44 days and counting for me :(

I don't do snow and I don't like camping in really cold temperatures so my next trip might be awhile. I have some backcountry reservations for April 2022, if I can last that long.
Not a fan of the snow wheeling either. :fist bump:

Sponsored

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys and a 2010 Rubicon
I have a 2019 4 door Rubicon that I got last year for the family to enjoy on the weekends. We gone to a few state parks but mainly rider around town. I have a 2 door 13 Rubicon on 37" that is setup as a pretty legit rock crawler. I've met a group of guys that go to a Jeep "badge trail" once a month or so and actually ride. We've scuffed up some paint, hardtops, bent a driveshaft or 2 and for sure scraped up some wheels. I've noticed their 4 doors go up steep, wet rocky inclines better than my short bus and that's got me looking for a 4 door to wheel. My question is, how do yall feel about actually off-roading your 1 year old 50K JL?

I know I can take the top off, get some skids and go to town, but I know I will eventually back up into a tree. Slide off a wet rock and scratch up/ dent some stuff. Just curious how many actually do this or am I nuts?
The day I got my new 2020 2dr Rubicon v6 manual I took it to a off road park the people there said to me looks like it came straight off the showroom floor😀 I just ordered a 2022 Rubicon extreme recon package and it will be going off road to I don’t worry to much about damage I know my comfort zone , if I don’t like the look of something I don’t do it , I always look for the easiest path to take , never go off road by yourself I always have a spotter with me to keep me right

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That is such a fun place!! And with a forestry pass you can go to the top of Alamo and miss the crowds.
It is! I’ve only been there twice and it’s so vast that I didn’t even know they had a 4x4 practice truck off Smokey Bear u til I saw it on the huge map they provide because I’d always enter through the main entrance up north by Gorman.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Thats what I bought it for. If I want to get to a place that requires a 4 wheel drive, I usually find that there aren't many people in these places. Go explore and have fun in it, you will be amazed, there is no stopping a Jeep.