Sponsored

Who actually takes their JL offroad?

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My JLUR is my daily driver and my offroad gear. I take it offroad over weekends once or twice a month but usually mild trails as I'm not very experienced. That being said, I purchased this vehicle for its offroad capabilities especially, and I will gradually increase the difficulty on trails I pick. Damage would sadden me (especially the big costly ones), but I am not very worried about cosmetic stuff like dents or scratches.

Currently, I am using it pretty much stock, but with experience, I will probably improve the armour underneath, and maybe lift + better and bigger tires.

Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
We do.

D7923D8C-13BC-4321-AB75-DA5E1674A52F.jpeg

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
There are a lot of trails that are medium to difficult in Tonto Verde but the thing I don't like about them is there are so damn many Razers and Dirt bikes. And its a Rocky shale that is like mini Razor blades that chew the sh*t of your tires. I like the more Northern Arizona Trails, more like home..

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
When you have mud at home.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually takes their JL offroad? 1620574674861

Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually takes their JL offroad? 1620574674861
Ted, I saw on another thread that you made all that mud mess on your own property. So looks like you have yourself a personal off-road park at home. :like:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ted, I saw on another thread that you made all that mud mess on your own property. So looks like you have yourself a personal off-road park at home. :like:
I kinda do. the video is from my dash cam. I have better mud, just don't normally run my nice Jeep through it. At the end of the video, you can see my wife marching over to tell me to stop doing power slides in the hay field. LOL.

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I just ordered my JL so I haven't had a chance to take it off road. But I'll run similar trals to what I ran in my old JK with a 4 speed Atlas.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Only was able to off-road once in my JLUR but it was a blast! Here’s the details:

I was on my way to Starbucks for an online order pickup at the drive thru. Went to pull into the parking lot and they were re-paving the entry way. Didn’t even have to use 4WD. These Jeep’s are beasts! And the flex, since they shaved off a couple inches of the blacktop. Handled it like a champ. Then off to Nordstrom’s after that for some shoe shopping and picked up a Patigonia goose down jacket soon after. Then to the dry cleaner and back home.

Much better than my CRV I had.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I have hit road shoulder countless times and have few paint chips to prove it, was able to navigate it in 2h to boot.

Occasional offroad is necessary with Wrangler ownership, even if its just
20210428_182656.jpg
parking off pavement at kids soccer game.
Sponsored