Sponsored

Who actually takes their JL offroad?

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I couldn't agree more with you guys.

I'm on long Island and the only legal off roading in New York, besides joining a club that has permission from private land owners upstate, is getting a $150 per year beach driving permit.

Between legalities and my seasonal work schedule, I have to wait for the colder months which afford me a lot of free time. Time to head out of state to places I don't have to look over my shoulder and can just enjoy some Jeep quality time. As much as I'm itching to finally experience it and to really test my Rubi, I just haven't the inclination to run around in the sand and salt.
When will you be able to make it to Rausch creek again? Hit me up. I’m gong mid and late September but that might be too early for you
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
When will you be able to make it to Rausch creek again? Hit me up. I’m gong mid and late September but that might be too early for you
Again? I've never been. In fact, my jeeps cherry has yet to be popped. Lol

Yeah, I'm planning on a longer stay later in the fall but I wouldn't at all mind a break-in run. I'll try to steal away later in the month, and will buzz you in advance. After our previous conversation, it would be a shitty move on my part to come and go without at least saying hi.

Redoing the suspension for larger wheels and tires put my getting ready behind. Still gotta do recovery, air, rear bumper, hinged tire carrier, and lights to be fully setup but don't need it all done for a dry run.

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I’m a total poser with my JLUR for the time being - between work, the small kids and most of the local outdoor parks/forrests being totally shut down right now, there aren’t too many nearby off-road options for me, so I’m trying to plan out some big trips and maximize what little Freetime that I have with the family. I would love to head west and get up in to the mountains if I can get away this fall, and I may just do that - my fear is that I’ll keep heading west to Moab or the Sierras, stay in the mountains and never come Back ;)

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Again? I've never been. In fact, my jeeps cherry has yet to be popped. Lol

Yeah, I'm planning on a longer stay later in the fall but I wouldn't at all mind a break-in run. I'll try to steal away later in the month, and will buzz you in advance. After our previous conversation, it would be a shitty move on my part to come and go without at least saying hi.

Redoing the suspension for larger wheels and tires put my getting ready behind. Still gotta do recovery, air, rear bumper, hinged tire carrier, and lights to be fully setup but don't need it all done for a dry run.
Sorry for the confusion, I just meant when was it you were planning on going to Rausch? I know it was fall but don’t remember exactly what you were thinking.

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
I’m a total poser with my JLUR for the time being - between work, the small kids and most of the local outdoor parks/forrests being totally shut down right now, there aren’t too many nearby off-road options for me, so I’m trying to plan out some big trips and maximize what little Freetime that I have with the family. I would love to head west and get up in to the mountains if I can get away this fall, and I may just do that - my fear is that I’ll keep heading west to Moab or the Sierras, stay in the mountains and never come Back ;)
Im also a Member of the JLUR Poser club

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
No need to justify - your money, your choice (though I think you’re missing a bunch of fun)! Cheers!
I'm game for some mild trails. I live in Miami so Rock crawling wouldn't be much of an option anyway.

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Offroad aftermath. Good times. Wrenching is part of the fun.

PunKin

First Name
Pj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD)
Occupation
Growth Engineering Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Pilot rock trail near Lake Silver wood, San Bernardino, CA on Sunday in 115° temperature :whew:

image0-2.jpeg

image1-2.jpeg

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Whats the point of owning a Jeep if you don't take it offroad?

tl;dr Yes
It's no different than those guys who go out and buy a 1 ton diesel dually pickup truck and have no trailer or intentions of towing. Different strokes for different folks. But me, I ordered my Jeep because I intend upon going off road and want a capable vehicle. I actually feel less bad about scratching up a Wrangler than I do something else. It can be excused because it's designed for off-road. That being said, I will not take my new Rubicon rock-crawling or any place where rollovers are a real possibility. I would like to keep it somewhat presentable.
Sponsored