Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
You got it...:clap:have fun! Do Moab. Might want to stick an Aussie locker in rear diff rather than bother with a Rubicon. I really enjoyed wheeling my Son's Sport TJ years ago. Fins 'n Things and Top of the World are good starters for your rig as it is. You'll need to locker up for everything else or get/build one of these. I think it's more about the fun rather than the rig.
Nope, you can run Hell's Revenge and Poison Spider without lockers and could probably do Metal Masher with the right lines and an LSD.
Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
you can run Hell's Revenge and Poison Spider without lockers and could probably do Metal Masher with the right lines and an LSD.
I agree. Tipover Challenge, though, is far safer with lockers. I've twice witnessed axle breakage on tipover due to torque from a sudden friction grab/wheel spin issue as opposed to a 3 mph locker crawl. Then, if the driver is spared a rollover, he must suffer the humiliation of a $700 tow to Moab 4X4 Outpost. There is a bypass. Also, Golden Spike can be done completely opened. Amazing how locking diffs are seldom regarded as safety devices rather than performance equipment. Lockers provide less stress on vehicle and driver than open diffs, but offer less sport. I guess that's why there's a Sport trim for Wranglers.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I agree. Tipover Challenge, though, is far safer with lockers. I've twice witnessed axle breakage on tipover due to torque from a sudden friction grab/wheel spin issue as opposed to a 3 mph locker crawl. Then, if the driver is spared a rollover, he must suffer the humiliation of a $700 tow to Moab 4X4 Outpost. There is a bypass. Also, Golden Spike can be done completely opened. . Amazing how locking diffs are seldom regarded as safety devices rather than performance equipment. Lockers provide less stress on vehicle and driver than open diffs, but offer less sport. I guess that's why there's a Sport trim for Wranglers.
A real locker at least, should be at the top of anyone's list. More useful in most situations than even your tires

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
A real locker at least, should be at the top of anyone's list.
After "wheeling" many years sans lockers, then experiencing lockered wheeling, I'd never consider wheeling without lockers nor recommending that anyone else wheels without 'em. Might as well be without tires...or for that matter in an old VW bug;)

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Second year closed. In my experience, due to trail blazing, we'll all be punished unto the fourth and fifth generation.

OnceClosedForeverClosed.jpg
We ran it August 14th. Its open and was a blast. Could not see where this block may have been.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Bought my 2020 JLUR on a Wednesday, I was on a trail that Saturday...and every Saturday since. You wheel in Arizona, you're gonna get pinstripes, so what! I bought it to wheel it, pinstripes are part of the experience, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Oh, and we go to the grocery store in it too, lol!

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Best trip ever!

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, it's opened, Poughkeepsie? That's great! Wonderful trail!
It will stay that way as long as folks stay on the trail and don't go trail blazing. Allot of it is apparently private property. And in most of the areas up in there nobody private or otherwise want folks wheeling on tundra or on active mining areas. Great destinations Ouray and Silverton as many here already know.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
You wheel in Arizona, you're gonna get pinstripes,
Saw a Toyota Cruiser someone covered with bed liner spray. Looked really good; kinda like an old Crocodile.....Hey, the Wrangler Everglades Edition!....no pinstripes either! Inevitably, either Jeep or Ford will catch on to offer colors of bedliner finish. Really easy to touch up. Enough with the shoe shine stuff!

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Best trip ever!
Great video and good times!
Thanks! It was such a good time. The best trail I've ever done. Not the hardest I've ever done, but definitely the most enjoyable. Good times with friends, amazing scenery, great wheeling and camping, no cell service (no work calls, lol). It was great.
Sponsored