wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
We were at the high banks just this past weekend ! The food at the Trails End Pub is always great. Maybe see you on the trails sometime. Look for a dark grey 2dr Rubicon with Ohio plates.
Trails End Pub in Leota or Harrison? I will keep an eye out for you on the trails. I might be up there next weekend with the SB XJ.

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
Went to the trails this weekend, here I am about to get stuck in the MUD, and the looks of the tires after I winched myself out. Stuction is a thing. Notice that the plate is flipped up for easy access to the winch. The tree strap, snatch block and winch controller were all ready to go. First guy barely made it through with pure MTs, Then the other two of us both got stuck, both of us in the same spot when the rear pulled us over and then the nose dropped.

Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually takes their JL offroad? IMG_1020.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually takes their JL offroad? IMG_1024.JPG

Should have had the wheels more Driver here. I thought my rear was still on a tree but had just cleared it, might not have gone down!
Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually takes their JL offroad? IMG_1381

Aaaand, Yer stuck.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually takes their JL offroad? IMG_1383

Lithograph

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve owned several Jeeps and I beat the the heck out of the one I had back in the mid 80’s. From jumping it in the back of our high school to driving through anything that would get mud on it. Fast forward to my 3 week old 2020 Rubi.. I have no desire to do anything “hardcore” with my new ride. Living in VT we have lots of mild logging trails, the winters are fun and we have a healthy mud season. That’s about the extent. So, why the Rubicon?? Just cuz

Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually takes their JL offroad? IMG_1383
I'm in a similar boat. I'm on my 3rd Jeep (2nd Rubicon), and the previous two had plenty of off-roading and damage to keep it real, but now that I'm in my 40's and my Rubicon is a daily driver, I'm keeping it to light trail rides only. Luckily, I live in East TN so mountain rides are in my backyard.

Same reason on why I'm in a Rubicon also. I had to sell the previous Rubi for financial reasons, and when I got the JL I wanted a new Rubicon and no other trim level.

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
"light offroading" is just the cover words for "no offloading, just go to mall" here.

Just like people put "hiking" and "travel" in Tinder profiles, most are fat bastards never get outside let alone laid, lol

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 4 door Rubicon that I got last year for the family to enjoy on the weekends. We gone to a few state parks but mainly rider around town. I have a 2 door 13 Rubicon on 37" that is setup as a pretty legit rock crawler. I've met a group of guys that go to a Jeep "badge trail" once a month or so and actually ride. We've scuffed up some paint, hardtops, bent a driveshaft or 2 and for sure scraped up some wheels. I've noticed their 4 doors go up steep, wet rocky inclines better than my short bus and that's got me looking for a 4 door to wheel. My question is, how do yall feel about actually off-roading your 1 year old 50K JL?

I know I can take the top off, get some skids and go to town, but I know I will eventually back up into a tree. Slide off a wet rock and scratch up/ dent some stuff. Just curious how many actually do this or am I nuts?
I'm in the "off roading a $50k plus vehicle" category. We've already cooked the rear axle on my wife's JL as well as some nice pin striping and my JL has seen a ton of trail love before I bought it from my buddy. Our mentality is to enjoy it for all it's worth and we understand the risk that comes with it.
Do we want to damage our rigs? HECK NO but we know it will eventually happen. We protect as much as we can, use common sense and on top of that we have Amica Insurance and they will cover off road incidents.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If by off-roading you mean taking it on service or mountain/logging roads, then yes, I do :)

But that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be staggeringly fun, I had a blast of a time exploring all these amazing places with just a bit of light “off-roading”.
Where is that beautiful lake?

Sponsored

Quetzal

First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Teacher
I take my 2019 JLRU off roading at least once a week, though I am somewhat careful about the type of trail. I try to avoid areas with obvious risks of undercarriage damage or narrow trails with pinstriping brush. use the trailsoffroad.com to preview and even have hand pruners for trails where it's worth cutting back scratching branches before driving through. I watch youtube videos to vicariously see more extreme 4x4ing without risking mine if I don't have to. It's also nice to know if you have to utilize the full capabilities in extreme circumstances the Jeep has your back.

Guy Jepsy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Rubicon JLU
Got my Jeep Racing Stripes my first time out. Just keep repeating to yourself “It’s a Jeep” over and over. Second trip becomes easy. 4-door is better at climbing, less so in the tight stuff.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually takes their JL offroad? 8A462A2E-422F-4870-A63D-86A02CCD88AE

Trynanoge

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Brand new to having my own Jeep. Grew up jeeping and the last few years went out with my brother in law. Husband bought me a 2020 JLUR last Monday and we had it out on the trail on Sat. Haven’t done any modifications to it yet but am making my list and plan on doing up to Moderate trails with it. This is also my DD.

A0698862-CD2D-47E4-BDA9-B8F812AFA240.jpeg