wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Wait till you see Massachusetts roads :CWL:.
We have some paved roads in my area, that I refuse to drive our family car on. They are so terrible. Literally some of our trails are smoother.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
It looks like you have racked up quite a number of Malls of Honor badges ;)

The great thing about Jeeps is that yes they may not be quite as comfortable on the road as many other cars, but they do quite admirably for one of the most purpose built vehicles you can buy from a dealer. On the other hand I sure wouldn't want to see what 99% of the other cars would look or drive like after going on many of the trails you were on to get those badges.

We were on our first mountain trail run and it is probably a 2 max at its worst and my youngest son if the Subaru (Impreza Sport) could do it and I said sure ... once and we would have to tow it home.
I would have more, but the lock down has cancelled all my planned wheeling trips so far this year. We have been up north wheeling the last three weekends in a row.

I had hoped to do the badge of Honor trails in Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia and Alabama by now. While doing that run, I had planned on going to Lookout Point on the Outer Banks and stopping to see my son as he recently go home from deployment.

I am just hoping that stuff opens up so that my crew and me can still do the Rubicon Trail and more of Moab in the middle of July.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
2019 JLUR 2.0T, awesome off-road. No damage yet, it’s a beast.

F0304057-E337-40BA-B51F-B05B240230FF.jpeg

CB2AD5BA-72EF-43E8-A378-5344599C3DDF.jpeg

811AE575-39F0-4FFC-8AAB-32D0E310A052.jpeg

6BFAE24D-726D-471C-AB6F-E3449BF8B745.jpeg

F699AD3A-6F23-40FD-8202-BE9E503499A1.jpeg

A1A49448-8404-4B1C-8528-FB67BDAC0843.jpeg

034CF58B-264B-472A-AE89-052FF35FF950.jpeg
That looks like some great wheeling. I just spent 7 hours cleaning up my Jeep after last weekends wheeling trip.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Last weekend we ran some trails. This is a video of some Jeeps and some of them are JLs getting dirty.
There were more Jeeps in our group, but one got stuck in a mud hole further back so I turned off the recording. At the end you can see them farther back in the woods.

Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Being new to Jeeps when I first bought mine I was very nervous offroading it. Now that I have dents, dings, scratches galore, smashed mirror / tail lights I literally don't care what happens to the body. The only thing I take into consideration when offroading now is the drive train as I do not have a real set of skids just the shitty factory ones.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Being new to Jeeps when I first bought mine I was very nervous offroading it. Now that I have dents, dings, scratches galore, smashed mirror / tail lights I literally don't care what happens to the body. The only thing I take into consideration when offroading now is the drive train as I do not have a real set of skids just the shitty factory ones.
Those factory ones can actually hold up to a beating as long as it isn't a "hold my beer and watch this" moment...

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Those factory ones can actually hold up to a beating as long as it isn't a "hold my beer and watch this" moment...
Oh they def take a beating I just hate how they can act like tow hooks when rock crawling.... I get hung up on them often.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I would have more, but the lock down has cancelled all my planned wheeling trips so far this year. We have been up north wheeling the last three weekends in a row.

I had hoped to do the badge of Honor trails in Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia and Alabama by now. While doing that run, I had planned on going to Lookout Point on the Outer Banks and stopping to see my son as he recently go home from deployment.

I am just hoping that stuff opens up so that my crew and me can still do the Rubicon Trail and more of Moab in the middle of July.
when you eventually make it to Pennsylvania, hit me up I will do the BOH trails with you if its on a weekned.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed

Damn man, I love to hear that, but ....

Jeep Wrangler JL Who actually takes their JL offroad? YourGonnaNeedABiggerBoat

Just to have room for all those Badges of Honor!

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

We have some paved roads in my area, that I refuse to drive our family car on. They are so terrible. Literally some of our trails are smoother.
Reminds me of Steeles Avenue in the GTA, it sits on the boundary of Toronto and Markham. Neither city would allow they were responsible for maintaining the surface. It was worse than running some trails in places.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I took mine off road and straight into the garage. No where to go right now!

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
Mine has done beach/dunes a few times, but I'll be honest: I live by an old creed I've heard that you should never take a car payment off road, at least not anything crazy serious. Hoping to have mine totally paid off by next summer, and that point the sky's the limit. I live in a jeep-heavy area with lots of offroading, and I'm excited. Rauch Creek is well within an hour's drive for me.
I am from central Pa and looking for places to go besides AOAA and Rausch Creek. Can you Pm me? Thanks
Sponsored