Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My problem was solved by taking my brother (who lives in Knoxville) with me to the trails. let my wife hang out with my Sister-in-Law and no problems were heard from them. lol
Great idea! I'll use that as my ace in the pocket. :like:
Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Just spent 5 days up in the San Juans.

IMG_0622.jpg
Looks like tremendous fun. I've been to that mill many times although the most recent time was probably 10 years ago. We took a wrong turn and ended up on the side of Red Mountain on a narrow steep road made of near-marbles. Kind of like what I read of the description for the downhill side of Red Cone in Colorado.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, you've really covered some ground so far. NICE!!!

Only legal off road opportunity is a beach driving permit, which is the only thing available on long Island. There's a lot of open land upstate, but roughly 90% of NYS land is privately owned. It's either roll the dice and hope for the best, or join a local club that has established permission for respectful land use. And I believe it's for group use, not individual members just showing up unannounced.

I'm fortunate enough to have a position that pays full rate all year, which is insanely busy for about a third of the calender year, a blend of maintenance and forum trolling during another third, and only putting in a couple hours a week during the final third.

I'm planning to spend my first outing at Rausch Creek and AOAA in Pa early this fall. After the holidays, my wife and i are planning a road trip to visit her brother in Tennessee. Looks to be about a half dozen parks within 60-90 minutes of him. He says Windrock is less than 30 away.
Windrock is really good! I've had my Jk there a couple of times and collected the Badges of Honor. The JL will get there within the next year or two, for sure!

I've heard Roush Creek is great, too! I have to say that as good as my JK has been, the JL is just better in every way, especially the ride off road with the Mopar lift. No comparison.

The old JK will get its tires dirty again soon, though. It'll likely be going on the Appalatian Byway along with the JL. My brother and nephew will be wheeling it.

If you get the chance to get out to Windrock, let me know when. Who knows, I might be able to break loose and get down there!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Windrock is really good! I've had my Jk there a couple of times and collected the Badges of Honor. The JL will get there within the next year or two, for sure!

I've heard Roush Creek is great, too! I have to say that as good as my JK has been, the JL is just better in every way, especially the ride off road with the Mopar lift. No comparison.

The old JK will get its tires dirty again soon, though. It'll likely be going on the Appalatian Byway along with the JL. My brother and nephew will be wheeling it.

If you get the chance to get out to Windrock, let me know when. Who knows, I might be able to break loose and get down there!
I've heard that Rausch offers a very broad range of different terrain and environments. Like having parts of the whole country in one park. Complete changes from one hour to the next.

I will most certainly ping your radar, with as much advanced notice as possible.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Rubi takeoff suspension. I guess it gets a little bit more flex now, lol.
Yer manually disconnected, though. Right?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yer manually disconnected, though. Right?
Yes, I do that before heading out from the outpost. I do wish I had the button though, lol.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I do that before heading out from the outpost. I do wish I had the button though, lol.
Yeah. That’s perhaps the only thing I miss about owning a Rubicon.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. That’s perhaps the only thing I miss about owning a Rubicon.
I'm leaning towards a Rubicon for the next Jeep, but that's years down the road. Otherwise I'm not disappointed in the Sahara.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'm leaning towards a Rubicon for the next Jeep, but that's years down the road. Otherwise I'm not disappointed in the Sahara.
The perfect Wrangler for me would have Sahara’s understated, traditional Jeep looks, Selec-Trac, everyday ride and comfort, with Rubicon’s swaybar disconnect, selectable front locker, and a Detroit TrueTrac in the rear.

It’d be called a Rubihara...or Saharon. LOL!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The perfect Wrangler for me would have Sahara’s understated, traditional Jeep looks, Selec-Trac, everyday ride and comfort, with Rubicon’s swaybar disconnect, selectable front locker, and a Detroit TrueTrac in the rear.

It’d be called a Rubihara...or Saharon. LOL!
An optional rear locker would be a good thing to have with the Non-Rubicon models. the limited slip helps but can only do so much, lol.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
An optional rear locker would be a good thing to have with the Non-Rubicon models. the limited slip helps but can only do so much, lol.
You'd be surprised what a tough, clutch-less rear LSD like a TrueTrac can do.

I still don’t understand why Jeep insists in using a clutch-based LSD.