wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So many of you carry, but can you shoot?

I recently picked up a Sig P365 This is the first ten rounds out of the gun at 15 yards

pMJ5qi6tb4s_geWpJ9Mhgmo6JrsoyZMLtAlwv29JK_O95Eeh61bCsIwKGveOhW3yt1ZCgdH_62XylZOwf9o=w426-h757-no.jpg

My Glock 23 at 15 yards

7lXfiY_rslhK8hAVi4-XX8fE62NBtVLdigMuZ7dop86P1faUkHv5vL3EvQr5k9w3NcBQTCn06SMgxBYrK18=w426-h757-no.jpg

Then some stub nose revolver work at 15 yards
5b9qFkbjG-Oa2x3Emw_88akFxUt76z8NtmYlG5yTO6FrTO3dZvogcwpFbuxVPeu-r-iJFxubN3RbpH4P1xx=w426-h757-no.jpg

Then out to 20 yards with my 1911 target gun... My favorite. I have over 75,000 rounds through this gun.
NF1_QKWCl0muclIQqXsnh5m1C67xfSC3YBKPt_R6WOJ_9tfe04xbv6jdSDrumdUwlU-cZajfJs3HZcwYM4w=w426-h757-no.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Joe, don’t get me wrong - I LOVE TX. I’ve spent a fair amount of time there. But between San Anton and El Paso, I hit “scan” on my radio on the FM band. For over four hours it just....scanned.
Yep. We never even considered we were on a road trip vacation until we were out of Tx. Would take from 8-12 hrs depending which way.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
So many of you carry, but can you shoot?
Nice shooting!

Yes, I guess I can shoot. Right up to retirement I was qualified “Expert” on the craptastic M9 (Beretta 92). I qualified expert repeatedly year after year, on an ARF (automatic record fire) range, shooting at timed pop-ups with magazine changes “conveniently” thrown in.

Fortunately we live where we can legally shoot on our property; our back pasture has an area safe for practice. I frequently amuse myself by shooting at 20 meters at small targets by using body-alignment technique (NO-sights shooting). That’s a bit challenging.

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Will a carbine repeater fit in the cubby behind the rear seat?

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
You are absolutely right. Never leave your weapon in your vehicle. If you’re going somewhere where you can’t or don’t want to carry; leave it at home...
Lol, screw THAT noise.

If I can't legally carry somewhere I'm going or they have metal detectors, it stays in the vehicle.

I'll be damned if I'm going to spend a day unarmed because of one location.

Last edited:

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
I would like some kind of mount for my AR15 that mounts the guns muzzle up that fits just aft of the center console. Something that can be added and removed easily would be ideal since I don't always want to keep my AR15 there.

Does such a thing exist?

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Duty to retreat states suck, I don't get that at all. Illinois gun laws really are not terrible, we do recognize the castle doctrine and are a "shall issue" state. Illinois just does not reciprocate with any other states CCL and we have I believe the most amount of class time hours to complete.
Regarding when and whether you can or should shoot, arbitrary laws should be the furthest thing from your mind.

Your job is to assess the threat, and decide whether you need to shoot in order to stop the threat.

Legal concerns have no place in the moment of a fight. They will only diminish your effectiveness.

As my late friend, hunting partner, and mentor Colonel Jeff Cooper put it, legal issues are Problem 2.

They have no place in your mind while you are solving Problem 1.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I would like some kind of mount for my AR15 that mounts the guns muzzle up that fits just aft of the center console. Something that can be added and removed easily would be ideal since I don't always want to keep my AR15 there.

Does such a thing exist?
Try a rigid insert panel - MOLLE (RIP-M). Easy to Google.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Anvil
Interesting that this just popped up as a popular thread. I was talking to my wife about it last evening. I want to get my permit so we can have one with us when camping. I am only starting to research what the permit process is so I can have something in the Jeep when camping, if not at other times.

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Only when camping or wheeling somewhere more remote. Typically like to do a lot of backcountry camping, and have had some unfortunate run-ins with strangers, which is a total shame. I'm an Asian guy, and my casual observation is that there aren't as many Asians out on the trails. I don't consider myself to have an ounce of "pride" over race (because I think it's a pretty stupid thing to be proud of), but have had some folks make some pretty unfriendly comments (like snickering while asking, "shouldn't you be driving a Toyota or Kia or something?") out there. This makes my girlfriend (who is white) pretty nervous, and I'd be lying if I said I never thought about them sneaking up on our camp later at night to cause more trouble.

Mine's a S&W 686 Plus 4". Don't consider myself a firearm enthusiast at all; I just want something that'll shoot every time in an emergency situation.

I'm gonna say it again, since mentioning race online tends to come off as immediately divisive: I have zero notion of race "pride" or loyalty. My whole off-roading crew (and my social circle) is a very mixed bag of racial and ethnic backgrounds. I only mention it because others have chosen to use my skin color as a reason to target me specifically out there. Shrug.

JEEPJLU18

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Sport-S 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Who doesn't? Never leave home without it. Even if I'm going up the street to the mailbox.
Sponsored