Who “Carries” While In Their Jeep?

Who “Carries” In Their Jeep?

• Total voters

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Be advised: gun thefts from cars are skyrocketing-nearly doubled in last year alone. Many reports of rows of cars broken into-only things stolen were firearms. As Jeeps especially soft tops, are easy entry, firearms left unsecured in vehicle are easy pickings. If you CCW in Jeep, do not advertise and avoid things like NRA stickers.
That's why you never leave your firearm in your vehicle

Ed El Man

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Ducati XDiavel S, 2011 Ducati 848 Evo, 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grandtouring (the beater)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen various hints in many threads that make references to firearms. So I’m curious: how many of you carry a weapon, open or concealed, in your Jeep?

I’ll start. My answer is “yes, always.” My EDC is a SA XDm .45 cal, concealed.

If you are anti-gun, please don’t shy away from posting. Your opinions are valid too.
The majority of the time I carry its my S&W M&P40C with crimson grip, concealed and occasionally S&W shield 45 performance.

Ed El Man

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Ducati XDiavel S, 2011 Ducati 848 Evo, 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grandtouring (the beater)
Vehicle Showcase
That's why you never leave your firearm in your vehicle
You are absolutely right. Never leave your weapon in your vehicle. If you’re going somewhere where you can’t or don’t want to carry; leave it at home...

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
You are absolutely right. Never leave your weapon in your vehicle. If you’re going somewhere where you can’t or don’t want to carry; leave it at home...
Could not agree more with your statement. Never ever leave a firearm unattended if it is not locked up in a safe or vault. When my weapon is with me it never leaves my body until it's getting put back in the safe.I have several firearm decals on my rear window including a 6x6 Glock one. Proud as hell supporter of the NRA and not once has my Jeep or truck been messed with or tried to be broken into @Ed El Man

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I used to. New problem though while I try to reassess things.

I have a Ruby with leather seats. And the butt of the grip of my G43 pushes against the seat while I'm driving. Enough to put a substantial indentation in the leather. Over a short time of everyday carry, I'm betting my seat will be ruined and need to be reupholstered.

I've carried appendix, but I DESPISE that position for a multitude of obvious and less obvious reasons.

Anyone else have this problem? Does the seat hold up to 3 o'clock carry position?
I destroyed the leather seat in my King Ranch F250 like this with a 1911 I carried for years and I dare say that leather was far superior to the Jeep leather. Take your pistol out every time you get in.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I literally know thousands of people like this. In my time working in Prison, 850,000+ prisoners came through the system. I have seen other prisoners stabbed over a Ramon Noodle soup. Seen an ear cut off over 10 dollars, Saw prisoners assault staff and others because they thought their free piece of cake was not big enough. Then there is the buck fifty where they cut them from the mouth to the ear... Buck fifty = 150 stitches to sew the wound closed. I worked at a prison that was nicknamed Gladiator School back in the day. I broke up 260 fights in ten months. My last day at work, I worked one hour and 14 minutes. There was three fights and two stabbings in that time frame with two ambulances on the way to the prison when I left for the last time.

As for the guy in the video, I know many corrections officers that would take that bat away from him with out blinking an eye because it would be just another day on the job.

I believe it 100%. I went to college at SIU in carbondale, lots of prisons down there. Sometimes we would chat up guards at the bars and get them going with stories. One that sticks out was one of the prisoners somehow got ahold of a cat...you can imagine what he was doing with it.

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red
One of my babies!

IMG_E0313.jpeg
Sweet! A lot of great 1911s out there right now, and Colt is definitely one of them. Are those Colt branded VZ grips? Great color!

My dream 1911 is an Ed Brown Executive Elite stainless with some extras. Every time I hold one, I swear I hear angels singing.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Sponsored

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red
I’ve seen various hints in many threads that make references to firearms. So I’m curious: how many of you carry a weapon, open or concealed, in your Jeep?

I’ll start. My answer is “yes, always.” My EDC is a SA XDm .45 cal, concealed.

If you are anti-gun, please don’t shy away from posting. Your opinions are valid too.
Not as often as I should. Never carried a sidearm in the Army, but was in an armed security position on the civilian side for a couple of years, with occasional executive protection. I was provided excellent, ongoing training, and attended a conference a few years back where Lt. Col Dave Grossman was the keynote speaker and he stressed the importance of always carrying.

When I do, however, it’s usually a Shield 45 with an Alien Gear OWB conceal holster. Never could get used to IWB.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I leave my Ruger LC9 at home because I work on Fort Hood and can't carry. Despite what went down with that piece of shit Hassan back in '08 or whenever that was.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
No carrying in Maryland....... through I'm trying to work around it. Glock 23 gen3 when I can carry
Sponsored