Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Ruger LCP .380 fits perfectly in driver console.
Sponsored

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
I used to. New problem though while I try to reassess things.

I have a Ruby with leather seats. And the butt of the grip of my G43 pushes against the seat while I'm driving. Enough to put a substantial indentation in the leather. Over a short time of everyday carry, I'm betting my seat will be ruined and need to be reupholstered.

I've carried appendix, but I DESPISE that position for a multitude of obvious and less obvious reasons.

Anyone else have this problem? Does the seat hold up to 3 o'clock carry position?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I used to. New problem though while I try to reassess things.

I have a Ruby with leather seats. And the butt of the grip of my G43 pushes against the seat while I'm driving. Enough to put a substantial indentation in the leather. Over a short time of everyday carry, I'm betting my seat will be ruined and need to be reupholstered.

I've carried appendix, but I DESPISE that position for a multitude of obvious and less obvious reasons.

Anyone else have this problem? Does the seat hold up to 3 o'clock carry position?
You ever try pocket carry? Works great with my LCP II.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Always . . . New carry for the past 18 months is a Sig P365 in a Vedder holster in the appendix position.

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Always. Former LEO, currently USG. When stateside it’ll either be my SIG 229 or Glock 26 depending on where I’m going, weather/temps governing my concealment garment, etc.

Overseas would be Glock 19, 26, or 43 depending on task at hand.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
It seems that gun laws varie among States regarding keeping one in your home versus your vehicle.

But what if you're temporary homeless: and it happens to all too many I'm afraid to say.

And as a result you live out of your car for a while. Isn't that "your home?" Shouldn't you be able to carry in there because it's your home?

Surely public parking and less security of a vehicle over a house might be all the more justification for wanting to have protection.

Bias: not particular pro guns...I would like to see high capacity weapons and the mentally ill who own them part ways, and the latter get counseling. But--I do respect gun ownership for protection against this very element, along with common thieves, and I do respect the people here who responsibly (i.e. and I suspect all do) like guns and/or simply don't want someone else telling them they have to give them up.

ar15rifle

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 2014 Audi A4. 2015 Fiat 500C. 1970 Ford F250
It seems that gun laws varie among States regarding keeping one in your home versus your vehicle.

But what if you're temporary homeless: and it happens to all too many I'm afraid to say.

And as a result you live out of your car for a while. Isn't that "your home?" Shouldn't you be able to carry in there because it's your home?

Surely public parking and less security of a vehicle over a house might be all the more justification for wanting to have protection.

Bias: not particular pro guns...I would like to see high capacity weapons and the mentally ill who own them part ways, and the latter get counseling. But--I do respect gun ownership for protection against this very element, along with common thieves, and I do respect the people here who responsibly (i.e. and I suspect all do) like guns and/or simply don't want someone else telling them they have to give them up.

You bring up a good point about the car and homeless issue. The problem is that in order for questions like this to get settled, it takes someone being arrested and somehow getting lucky enough to get their case to the Supreme Court. Not many homeless can (nor are probably willing to) go that far. Also, if I were homeless and possessed and item of value, it'd be tempting to sell it to get back on my feet, which would likely lead to the original question not being answered.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Near problems...
upload_2019-8-14_7-56-23.jpeg

Far problems...
upload_2019-8-14_7-56-39.jpeg
Roger that, and good setup on both. How does your Glock magnet attach to the vehicle? What brand is that? I’m looking for such an option. It’s a hair quicker than drawing from my IWB.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Yep. If I’ve got pants on, I have a gun. Either Airweight S&W 38 in pocket or G43 in appendix IWB.

And one reload for either.

I usually carry a rifle in the Jeep as well. 5.56 or 6.8 AR.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
After working almost 30 years in prisons, and being in over a 1000 documented physical altercations while at work, and knowing what people will do to other people first hand. I always carry. I have an unrestricted CCW. I have had prisoners that have tried to hire hitmen to kill me in the streets back when I worked in Super-Max.

Yet I don't fear for my life, I just understand and have seen first hand many times what people with do to others. I also carry because I would hate to be somewhere and have something happen and not have the tools to stop it. I am a firm believer in Sheep Dog mentality backed up by being well trained.
Ted, thank you for your public service; you should write a book!

While in the military I did some “side work” high-risk security ops for 15 years. Hundreds of deadly force encounters, hundreds more non-deadly. And one time I too was the target of a hired professional. Due to my military and non-military work I have a firearm within arms reach at all times, everywhere, even at night. I cannot sleep without having one very close by. I know some may think that is sad. It really isn’t. I’m relaxed at all times, and pretty damn capable without a firearm too. Not bragging, just explaining.

I’m about a fourth of the way through writing a book. My alpha readers are giving me pretty high marks so far. Writing is therapy for me.

My apologies if this is TMI in a Jeep forum. Peace.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. If I’ve got pants on, I have a gun. Either Airweight S&W 38 in pocket or G43 in appendix IWB.

And one reload for either.

I usually carry a rifle in the Jeep as well. 5.56 or 6.8 AR.
For when you are pantless, check out Thunderwear. ;) I actually own one!
https://www.thunderwear.com/
Sponsored