First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I hear you man. I live out in the swamps and cow pastures of Florida way east of town. Fortunately FL is hanging on.
Urban Texas ain’t much like Texas anymore, but out 100 miles or more from the cities, it still is.

My limited time in north/central Florida made me think it is similar.
Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Always. Either a Glock 30s or Glock 19. Depends on the mood.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I sometimes reference this video as an example when a firearm is needed. I would certainly just drive away if possible (and have) but this poor guy had nowhere to go. Imagine if your kids were in the car.

At least it was a PT cruiser...lol

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I sometimes reference this video as an example when a firearm is needed. I would certainly just drive away if possible (and have) but this poor guy had nowhere to go. Imagine if your kids were in the car.

At least it was a PT cruiser...lol
This is actually a tough one at least for say MN where I live, you would have to feel like your life was being threatened and that you had no choice but to protect yourself, other great states like Wisc, have the castle laws where you can stand your ground etc. but states like MN you have to run away without ever pulling out your weapon even if this guy decided to play whack a mole with your vehicle. MN=Liberal :headbang:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Sig P938 usually when I'm going out with family and to movies, stores etc. When I'm going to the backcountry I'll pack My Colt 1911 or Glock 19.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
This is actually a tough one at least for say MN where I live, you would have to feel like your life was being threatened and that you had no choice but to protect yourself, other great states like Wisc, have the castle laws where you can stand your ground etc. but states like MN you have to run away without ever pulling out your weapon even if this guy decided to play whack a mole with your vehicle. MN=Liberal :headbang:
NC also has a "Duty to retreat" law, meaning if you have a way to escape the situation, then you must take that way out. However if someone just walks up and smashes your window, and you can't just drive away because you're blocked in traffic, you can't retreat any farther than your own home or vehicle, return fire.

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
NC also has a "Duty to retreat" law, meaning if you have a way to escape the situation, then you must take that way out. However if someone just walks up and smashes your window, and you can't just drive away because you're blocked in traffic, you can't retreat any farther than your own home or vehicle, return fire.
Yeah that's the hard part about MN even your home and vehicle must be fled from if available, it's so dumb.

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So if somone breaks into my house or car I must flee even if I am armed :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Sig P938 usually when I'm going out with family and to movies, stores etc. When I'm going to the backcountry I'll pack My Colt 1911 or Glock 19.
I carried a 1911 IWB for 30 years. My back just won’t tolerate it anymore.

If you tell me I’m going into a pistol fight, and I can’t opt for a rifle or a shotgun, John Browning’s masterpiece will be in my hand.

(I’d like to have a couple of his other masterpieces, say a 50 and a 1919 backing me up, though, if it’s not too much trouble.)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I carried a 1911 IWB for 30 years. My back just won’t tolerate it anymore.

If you tell me I’m going into a pistol fight, and I can’t opt for a rifle or a shotgun, John Browning’s masterpiece will be in my hand.

(I’d like to have a couple of his other masterpieces, say a 50 and a 1919 backing me up, though, if it’s not too much trouble.)
One of my babies!

IMG_E0313.jpeg

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder

They can say what you must do, but that doesn’t mean that you must do what they say.

I carried a pistol for 20 years before it was deemed legal to do so, and I will continue to do so if they say I cannot.

The Constitution says I can.

The only difference now is that I’m a little less concerned about concealment.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They can say what you must do, but that doesn’t mean that you must do what they say.

I carried a pistol for 20 years before it was deemed legal to do so, and I will continue to do so if they say I cannot.

The Constitution says I can.

The only difference now is that I’m a little less concerned about concealment.
I get what you're saying, and if it comes down to it to defend my family I will use whatever force is necessary. I'd rather not get arrested over it so I understand the laws around self defense though. If I'm required by law to use an avenue of escape, then so be it. If I'm cornered, or if it happens to quickly to react, then they're getting a chest full of lead.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Urban Texas ain’t much like Texas anymore, but out 100 miles or more from the cities, it still is.

My limited time in north/central Florida made me think it is similar.
When I read your post, the banjos in my head came back...I once drove from SW FL to El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss). I gained a whole new respect for just how big TX is. It was about 1800 miles from what I remember. The first 900 was to get to Orange, TX from Sarasota, FL. The second 900 miles was from Orange to El Paso! There’s NOTHING between San Antonio and El Paso!

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
When I read your post, the banjos in my head came back...I once drove from SW FL to El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss). I gained a whole new respect for just how big TX is. It was about 1800 miles from what I remember. The first 900 was to get to Orange, TX from Sarasota, FL. The second 900 miles was from Orange to El Paso! There’s NOTHING between San Antonio and El Paso!
Sure there is!

There’s miles and miles of Texas!
Sponsored