Who “Carries” In Their Jeep?

• Total voters

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
I don't answer such questions but this is Alabama, so..............

Down here there are more guns than people.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Ted, thank you for your public service; you should write a book!

While in the military I did some “side work” high-risk security ops for 15 years. Hundreds of deadly force encounters, hundreds more non-deadly. And one time I too was the target of a hired professional. Due to my military and non-military work I have a firearm within arms reach at all times, everywhere, even at night. I cannot sleep without having one very close by. I know some may think that is sad. It really isn’t. I’m relaxed at all times, and pretty damn capable without a firearm too. Not bragging, just explaining.

I’m about a fourth of the way through writing a book. My alpha readers are giving me pretty high marks so far. Writing is therapy for me.

My apologies if this is TMI in a Jeep forum. Peace.
We've seen what the worst in humanity is capable of, nothing is wrong with being prepared to defend yourself. :like:

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
We've seen what the worst in humanity is capable of, nothing is wrong with being prepared to defend yourself. :like:
Peace, brother.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I don't answer such questions but this is Alabama, so..............

Down here there are more guns than people.
One might say there are more guns than teeth! ;)

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
One might say there are more guns than teeth! ;)
Yeah, we're a bunch of inbred toothless racists rednecks. No reason for anyone from the left or wrong coast to move here to enjoy our freedom at the same time destroy it with their mentally ill politics. Move along folks Alabama is not for you.

Sponsored

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
Yep. If I’ve got pants on, I have a gun. Either Airweight S&W 38 in pocket or G43 in appendix IWB.

And one reload for either.

I usually carry a rifle in the Jeep as well. 5.56 or 6.8 AR.
I also carry a G43. I just tried again to carry strong-side, and man the grip REALLY does nearly put a hole through the thin-ass leather seat bolster. I wish I'd gone with the cloth seats, to be truthful.

I'm going to have to go back to AIWB, like how you carry. I'm just not willing to trash the seats, yet. Off and on, I've carried appendix for years. And I NEVER will get used to that pistol pointed where it gets pointed. I hate it. And tying my shoes with it on. SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I don't own a firearm. Others carrying doesn't bother me. We entrust plenty of idiots with drivers licenses, and a vehicle is every bit as much of a weapon as a firearm, and I'm not nervous when I'm around people driving cars.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, we're a bunch of inbred toothless racists rednecks. No reason for anyone from the left or wrong coast to move here to enjoy our freedom at the same time destroy it with their mentally ill politics. Move along folks Alabama is not for you.
I hear you man. I live out in the swamps and cow pastures of Florida way east of town. Fortunately FL is hanging on.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
To the “sheepdog” idea someone brought up:

I embrace it. I would hate to be in a situation where innocent(s) were being raped or murdered, and I was not equipped to intervene. I carry more for that reason than self-defense, truth told.

Soo...the idea is that there are 3 kinds of people: Sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs.

A close friend is a cop in my small town. He has the go-ahead from his chief to ignore moderate traffic violations, and concentrate on getting bad buys (mostly meth-related criminals) off the street. He’s relentless, and very successful.

He says he’s a 4th kind:

A Wolf Hunter.

I like that.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ted, thank you for your public service; you should write a book!

While in the military I did some “side work” high-risk security ops for 15 years. Hundreds of deadly force encounters, hundreds more non-deadly. And one time I too was the target of a hired professional. Due to my military and non-military work I have a firearm within arms reach at all times, everywhere, even at night. I cannot sleep without having one very close by. I know some may think that is sad. It really isn’t. I’m relaxed at all times, and pretty damn capable without a firearm too. Not bragging, just explaining.

I’m about a fourth of the way through writing a book. My alpha readers are giving me pretty high marks so far. Writing is therapy for me.

My apologies if this is TMI in a Jeep forum. Peace.
I have stories that will make you laugh, cry, and or haunt you for ever. When someone tells me there is no reason to own a gun, I tell them about these guys.

http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2profile.aspx?mdocNumber=153480

http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2profile.aspx?mdocNumber=159030

I have many more, But nobody has ever asked for more.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I also carry a G43. I just tried again to carry strong-side, and man the grip REALLY does nearly put a hole through the thin-ass leather seat bolster. I wish I'd gone with the cloth seats, to be truthful.

I'm going to have to go back to AIWB, like how you carry. I'm just not willing to trash the seats, yet. Off and on, I've carried appendix for years. And I NEVER will get used to that pistol pointed where it gets pointed. I hate it. And tying my shoes with it on. SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!
That is indeed an issue. I would never carry a Condition 1 pistol appendix, and it brings a whole new dimension to the importance of trigger finger discipline.
I’m quite fond of my boys.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Always carry. Usually concealed but sometimes openly. Its a Ruger LCPII. A pretty neat little .380
Sean we can open carry here in NC, in terms of in a vehicle is it as simple as having it on your seat? Can we have it in a holster mounted to our center console where it can be seen? CCW is on the to do list for both the Mrs and I, I drive topless doorless pretty much all summer and at times I feel very exposed. I do carry a piece of rebar within hands reach but have considered open carry in the Jeep.
Since I don't have a CCW yet I would most likely buy a strong box under the seat for locking it up when I exit the Jeep. I welcome any thoughts on this.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Sean we can open carry here in NC, in terms of in a vehicle is it as simple as having it on your seat? Can we have it in a holster mounted to our center console where it can be seen? CCW is on the to do list for both the Mrs and I, I drive topless doorless pretty much all summer and at times I feel very exposed. I do carry a piece of rebar within hands reach but have considered open carry in the Jeep.
Since I don't have a CCW yet I would most likely buy a strong box under the seat for locking it up when I exit the Jeep. I welcome any thoughts on this.
It must be kept "Plainly visible" to be considered open carry in a vehicle. So if you can walk by and see it, it should be fine, but not if its in the center console with the cover over it. Sometimes I have mine sitting in the cupholder if I drive with the freedom panels off for ease of access, and then I put it back in my pocket when I get where I'm going.
Sponsored