Sponsored

Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter?

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Been thinking Fluid Film but now CRC 06026. Anyone have advice?

Read a lot of threads that Fluid Film collects a lot of debris and also gets washed off easier esp in the wheel wells.
Sponsored

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Hot chainsaw bar and chain oil. I live in Maine where the Moose lick the winter salt off the roads and frequently get hit by cars. Oftimes killing both Moose and Drivers I have used B & C oil for years. My daily driver is a 1999 Chevy Suburban FWD with 250,000 miles that I bought new in 2000 and has virtually no rust. On the initial application, both my JL and my Burb had holes drilled into all body voids and removable plugs installed. Every two years all plugs are removed and B & BC oil sprayed inside as well as the entire underneath of the vehicles. Cost $150 Burb and $100 for the Jeep. We either need more Moose to lick all the winter salt off the roads, or use less salt. Remember "Rust Never Sleeps".

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Hey we went 8 tins of CRC and are super impressed with the results. Best is that it is very easy to see if any rust forms ever again. Super easy to add or touch up. Not sticky when dry and requires a solvent to remove. Excellent product actually - but wear a respirator and clothes you are ok to get trashed.

First pic no rust prevention - rinsing with water after driving on salt and brine laden roads. Second pic after removing most rust - then applying CRC.

Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter? D01C0B02-6B5F-4C55-BFC9-5F9E09F1C19C

Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter? 0EAA9717-01DA-4F8C-8AEE-F9B2866F587D

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I live in central New Hampshire where our roads are white in the winter, not from snow but from all the salt they put on them. I get my Chevy Silverado and my wife's Subaru Outback done with New Hampshire Oil Undercoating. https://nhoilundercoating.com/ Just got back with my new JL about 10 minutes ago from the dealer where I had it done on that too. It's tougher than Fluid Film, which I use on my Kubota tractor. The NHOU doesn't harden and is pretty much self healing. It creeps and seeps into crevices to keep water out and stays soft so vibration isn't a problem shaking it loose. They have a choice of black or clear oil. They spray clear inside the doors and panels but I had them do the bottom with black. You do have to get it reapplied every year but you have to do the same with Fluid Film.
Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter? IMG_8156.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter? IMG_8162.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter? IMG_8161.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter? IMG_8160.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter? IMG_8159.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter? IMG_8158.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter? IMG_8157.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s Undercoating / Oil Spraying What This Winter? IMG_8156.JPG

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I did fluid film the first year which worked ok, but switched to CRC which seemed to last a lot longer. And 0 rust

Sponsored

PA JLUR

First Name
Cos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I use fluid film. Applied it a year ago, 1 week after I brought it home from the dealership. Reapplied a week or so ago.
Observations: No rust, held some beach sand and road grime. If you chose to wipe it off, everything underneath looks new and shiney. Only washed off in high splash areas.... mainly front steering components. Overall, very satisfied with fluid film. #norust

Mmoran33

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just had my NHOU redone for the second year. Looks just like Captain Skip’s photos. I highly recommend it.

TRJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Rubicon
Fluid Film on my 2019 Rubicon and also did it on my 09 Wrangler X, with the salt use in Wisconsin roads so high I am sure it is a giant help against corrosion. In Wisconsin available at Fleet Farm or on line Amazon.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
i have applied fluid film for the last few years and it works well, got a gallon kit with spray gun and just do it in my driveway mid fall before they start laying salt in MA. works good stays on for the season
Sponsored