Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
curious how you like it on and off road. I’m considering the stage 3. I’m not interested in hardcore rock crawling but want more clearance and a nice ride, both on and off road. I’m also considering the RK 2.5, I had rubicon express 2.5 with falcon shocks on a previous JL and it had decent handling but a firm ride. TIA for any thoughts or suggestions.
Sponsored

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
+1

I’m taking delivery of my 19 Rubicon in 4 weeks, this is my first post on here! :please:

I’m doing all the research now, so that on the very first day, I’ll have everything already ordered, and ready to install.

There is something intriguing about the Icon 2.5 lift, but I don’t want to purchase it based on emotion, and lacking in actual real world data.

I accidentally stumbled onto ICON suspensions, while researching a picture of a 17in. mag I saw online on a JL that I liked. It turned out to be their Icon Rebound wheel, and then I saw their suspension systems on their website..

I’ll be doing rock crawling with my 4 door Rubicon for sure, BUT it will be my daily driver as well, and our highways and street roads are full of cracks and potholes, so an_almost_as_close_to_possible_stock_compliant_ride is very important to me as well.

The one review of an end user that I did just watch on YouTube, was totally surprised by the comfort level of his Stage 2 Icon 2.5 lift on the street, riding on 17in Icon mags, and 37/12.5/17 tires, which is the size I’m interested as well.

Based on what I have read on this forum thus far on ride comfort reviews on the street, and rock crawling ability, a good jack of all trades if you will, the two finalists I’m leaning on now, is the Mopar kit with its Fox shocks, and the usual aftermarket bits to add to make it work 100% spot on, VS a Stage 3 Icon 2.5 lift that seems to be complete(I think) right out of the box.

Yeah, some feedback would be great :fingerscrossed:

AdventureDad2000

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
My JL has about 5000 miles on a Stage 2 ICON 2.5" lift and I'm a big fan. It drives great on-road and off. The ride is more supple without much extra body roll. I would recommend track bars. While running the Stage 2 with OEM track bars, the ride was a little shaky. For my fully-armored ride, the addition of Metalcloak front and rear track bars made an incredible difference.

IMG_20190420_142540.jpg

OP
OP
JMONEZ

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
My JL has about 5000 miles on a Stage 2 ICON 2.5" lift and I'm a big fan. It drives great on-road and off. The ride is more supple without much extra body roll. I would recommend track bars. While running the Stage 2 with OEM track bars, the ride was a little shaky. For my fully-armored ride, the addition of Metalcloak front and rear track bars made an incredible difference.

IMG_20190420_142540.jpg
That’s great to know, thanks! Awesome looking Jeep! I ordered the stage 3 with track bars and will have it installed this week, can’t wait!

SDDynaRdr619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon - 2017 Harley Davidson Dyna FXDLS - 2007 Nissan Titan
Looking at the same Icon Stage 3 - lets us know how you like it and photos

Sponsored

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That’s great to know, thanks! Awesome looking Jeep! I ordered the stage 3 with track bars and will have it installed this week, can’t wait!
Have you had a chance to get your Icon lift installed? I am interested in the stage 3 kit as well. Just want to know your thoughts.

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Jeep Wrangler JL Who’s running Icon 2.5 Lift IMG_20190420_142540
I'm curious, why did you go for the MC track bars instead of the IVD ones?
Sponsored