SolarWizard

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Also has anyone actually found real, deliverable lockers for the M220/240 in these things. I’m hearing a Mojave diesel isn’t gonna be made now which points me to getting a sport and up fitting since I do not want a 4to1 low range.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I’m waiting on a 37. No need to go crazy just yet. Can it roll on 3:73 effectively. I need 8th at 80.

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
@Buttercup 3.0 is running 38's on his! Maybe he can post a link to his Instagram Acc.(I'm not that tech-savvy) but he has a bunch of videos of him wheeling it on there w/ the 38's

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I get 8th gear with no problems running 37s
Good enough for me. What are your plans for dealing with soot? I’m researching the possibility of doing a cleaning every other oil change. I can live with that.

Megatron JLU

First Name
Anibal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 T Diesel
Good enough for me. What are your plans for dealing with soot? I’m researching the possibility of doing a cleaning every other oil change. I can live with that.
Delete delete delete, and tune. Hopefully sooner than later.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
You have to be careful on over cleaning. Washing out a DPF is very possible doing that and a dealer will not tell you because they will make money on the cleanings and eventually sell you a new DPF. Win/Win for them. Or the diesel tech at your dealer is not knowledgeable enough to know it. Running to many regens will also wash out a DPF. IMO Let the ECM make the decisions as long as you take it out to stretch its legs now and then.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
You have to be careful on over cleaning. Washing out a DPF is very possible doing that and a dealer will not tell you because they will make money on the cleanings and eventually sell you a new DPF. Win/Win for them. Or the diesel tech at your dealer is not knowledgeable enough to know it. Running to many regens will also wash out a DPF. IMO Let the ECM make the decisions as long as you take it out to stretch its legs now and then.
Is stretching those legs going to keep the EGR clean? I do enough Highway that it can be a solution but from what I’m reading it still doesn’t resolve the issue. Deletion is not an option. I want to keep my warranty. Not able to find that solution at the moment. Not going to go through the hassle of replacing my ECM every dealer visit and wouldn’t have that option if vehicle had to be towed their directly from a stalled vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Is stretching those legs going to keep the EGR clean? I do enough Highway that it can be a solution but from what I’m reading it still doesn’t resolve the issue. Deletion is not an option. I want to keep my warranty. Not able to find that solution at the moment. Not going to go through the hassle of replacing my ECM every dealer visit and wouldn’t have that option if vehicle had to be towed their directly from a stalled vehicle.
I've seen dozens of posts with you worrying over the EGR and such. I get it. It is a concern. But to get the mileage and performance of a diesel comes with a lot of complexity in the emissions system and reliability and after-warranty costs is a big concern. Not sure if we will see a delete for the 3.0L as the EPA is being tough on the tuners, and with limited Diesel options the few EPA eyeballs are focused on fewer models.

If it's worrying you this much before you own one please do not buy one as it will not make you happy - and we all deserve to be happy!

Get a gas burning 3.6 or 2.0 and enjoy the jeep.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I've seen dozens of posts with you worrying over the EGR and such. I get it. It is a concern. But to get the mileage and performance of a diesel comes with a lot of complexity in the emissions system and reliability and after-warranty costs is a big concern. Not sure if we will see a delete for the 3.0L as the EPA is being tough on the tuners, and with limited Diesel options the few EPA eyeballs are focused on fewer models.

If it's worrying you this much before you own one please do not buy one as it will not make you happy - and we all deserve to be happy!

Get a gas burning 3.6 or 2.0 and enjoy the jeep.
Instead of deciding what I should do or stating the obvious why not make a recommendation on how to combat the EGR soot? Being captain obvious with the typical internet wise guy comment “don’t buy it” does no one any good and simply perceived as irritating noise. We are here to help each other. Not to be condescending.

Do you have a solution for dealing with the soot that doesn’t entail deleting it? All I want to know. I’ve asked nothing else. I would never ask another whether I should or shouldn’t but something. I’m a grown man. I can make those decisions for myself. ;)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Instead of deciding what I should do or stating the obvious why not make a recommendation on how to combat the EGR soot? Being captain obvious with the typical internet wise guy comment “don’t buy it” does no one any good and simply perceived as irritating noise. We are here to help each other. Not to be condescending.

Do you have a solution for dealing with the soot that doesn’t entail deleting it? All I want to know. I’ve asked nothing else. I would never ask another whether I should or shouldn’t but something. I’m a grown man. I can make those decisions for myself. ;)
I'm not trying to be an Internet wise guy. I get being concerned over stuff like this and analyzing the heck out of it - I do the same and it drives my wife nuts. My point being is that we are pretty stuck for options.

The 3.0L Eco-diesel is probably the most complex diesel offered from an emissions systems perspective and with that comes risk. Will it be more reliable over prior generations - that was the goal so perhaps? Will FCA have messed it up and it be a pain in the ass could also be possible.

VW/Audi/Porsche, Mercedes, Volvo, and BMW have exited the NA diesel market due to the emissions systems complexities and the costs related to the certifications and long-term maintenance required. These are some of the most talented engineering teams in the world. For them to pass as it was not financially feasible is an interesting reference point. One can argue they caused it with the dirty diesel crap but the reality is they all cheat and all have been caught, just the EPA made VW the scapegoat.

The only market left in the US is for the pickup truck segment. Diesel is gone from everything else. The Jeep JL is the only non-pickup diesel I am aware of.

But if you want 30mpg and >450 ft/lbs of torque it's the only way so if you need that you also get the downsides with it.
Sponsored