Whitten Jeep Richmond

vaspence

First Name
spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Anyone have feedback on this dealership? Thanks!
Sponsored

Bic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Unlimited Sport S
I ordered my JL from Whitten Brothers in Ashland. I didn't get as much below invoice as a lot of the other members of the forum. I bought from them anyway because they offer a loaner vehicle, and I figured that would be good to have since new model vehicles tend to spend time in the shop. I haven't had any major service done there, so I can't comment on that. Their service department has always been polite and professional when I took my old JK for tire rotations/oil changes.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Note: My exposure with them was very short. I got quotes from both Whitten and Safford last year as they both had the only manuals anywhere near me. I got online quotes and Whitten was a little high, Safford was pretty close to what I wanted to pay (5% under invoice) - doc fee was high $799. I was in a hurry to buy so my kids could have my old car and didn't have much time to negotiate.

I bought from Safford (they delivered it to their other store in Fredericksburg so I wouldn't have to drive as far (I was in Richmond that weekend). I probably could have gotten Whitten down, maybe to match Safford possibly, but I had to pick it up on Sunday and Whitten is not open on Sundays. This is probably not a lot of help, but I was pleased with Safford's price and sales transaction.

jack0351

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2013 Ram 3500, 2000 HD FXST,
I'm planning to buy from them- The salesman was great, the dealership overall was great. The only issue I had was with one of the sales managers that had me bring my RV down to take a look to evaluate it for a trade-in. He took less than a minute look at it, and said no. After I drove an hour and a half each way. My issue was that with that time involvement, I could have sent him pictures and saved a LOT of time and fuel.

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
I've bought 3 rams from Ashland and serviced. Never had a issue.
Sponsored