white walls in or out??

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
greetings from chilly western massachusetts...anyone consider white walls out during a lift build? i have 35 inch general grabbers (love them), shop put white walls in w out asking. think i’m going to switch them ($100/ not too painful) for a cool retro look. any photos out there w white walls out??
O U T
Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I like the white lettering especially on white jeeps, would the white lettering rub off when off roading?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I like the white lettering especially on white jeeps, would the white lettering rub off when off roading?
No, but they get really gouged.

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
One thing to consider if you wheel it in the rocks with white letters out.....the white letters get scuffed off/up and end up looking like crap in short order.
Plus, I think IOT get the white lettering they have an underlying white layer around the entire tire under the black wall (on the white lettering side). Scuff the side wall a couple of times and you start to have a white stripe appear - or at least on the tires I had on my truck.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
I'm trying to decide on tires right now and am realizing that for some reason most of the tires in 315/35, C or D load do *not* come with white lettering as an option. I have no idea why. I can get it sizing down or up to 33 or 37, or by going to E.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
shopping.jpeg

I really like these. The "your text here" part really brings out the part where your text is. 14/10 would recommend.

Jokes aside, white letters on my tires wouldn't look good, but on the pics you guys have all posted, they look great. All the pictures except for the JK with the actual white walls... That's gonna be a hard pass from me.

Sponsored

thestein13

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Auditor
greetings from chilly western massachusetts...anyone consider white walls out during a lift build? i have 35 inch general grabbers (love them), shop put white walls in w out asking. think i’m going to switch them ($100/ not too painful) for a cool retro look. any photos out there w white walls out??
20191115_091559_HDR.jpg

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I saw some Cooper discoverer AT/S on a jeep yesterday and it had OWL that looked terrible. They were large letters outlined in white. Worn off and ugly. I think the BFG letters hold up better being solid and smaller. So I say it depends on the brand.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I ordered the OWLs and haven't regretted it at all, I love them! And, keep in mind, if you get the OWLs, the inside lettering is black, so if you change your mind you can have them flipped. However, if you get black lettering, that's it ;)

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
In great respect and deference to the Jeep’s military roots, I prefer black side out.
Sponsored