Sponsored

White Smoke from Underneath Jeep after applying Fluid Film.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Drove Jeep today for first time after applying fluid film 36 hours ago to entire under carriage from front end all the way to the back. When it came to operating temperature, there was white smoke coming from underneath the Jeep and the Engine Bay. Wonder what it could be? Fluid Film reviews suggest this white smoke is normal for first few drives.

The smoke had no smell…just a feeling that something is running hot. Temperature Gauge showed the engine was fine and not hot at all.

Anybody else experience something similar?
Sponsored

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
Sounds to me like it’s just burning off of the hot exhaust. If that’s the only thing that was changed since the last time you drove it I think it’s safe to say you’re good.

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
Drove Jeep today for first time after applying fluid film 36 hours ago to entire under carriage from front end all the way to the back. When it came to operating temperature, there was white smoke coming from underneath the Jeep and the Engine Bay. Wonder what it could be? Fluid Film reviews suggest this white smoke is normal for first few drives.

The smoke had no smell…just a feeling that something is running hot. Temperature Gauge showed the engine was fine and not hot at all.

Anybody else experience something similar?
It is simply the overspray burning off the hot components i.e. the exhaust.

OP
OP
631_Islander

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Sounds to me like it’s just burning off of the hot exhaust. If that’s the only thing that was changed since the last time you drove it I think it’s safe to say you’re good.
Yes. Nothing else changed. Mine is a 2020 JLUR 3.6/8 spd auto (100% factory stock)