Sponsored

White, Silver, Sting-Gray or Granite? Convince Me

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Love our Stinger, I like that it looks quite different w/ different shades of the sun. Sure it's common but I think it's because it's a nice looking paint (and should be easier to touch up vs. a metallic paint).

Jeep Wrangler JL White, Silver, Sting-Gray or Granite? Convince Me IMG_0899.JPG

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Iā€™d say black is the least popular Wrangler color here, by a large margin.

If you want to keep the color from aging your vehicle, then go with black, white, red, silver and some blues. My 2013 JK was Commando Green. Loved it, but it was a very short run that never came back to the Wrangler. Every time I see one, I know itā€™s a 2013.

efreyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have had Yellow, Red and Black in the past. My current Jeep is Sting Gray and I think I like it the best so far. Silver to me is just cheap looking. I think the stinger looks great if you are not going with the color match fenders and top. It also works with non-matching half doors.

FE6700E1-ACC3-4522-BD3D-22F740A11105.jpeg

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I don't own any of those, so I have no bias in my answer: Silver Zynith is the sharpest and best Wrangler color. It looks amazing with the light titanium metallic color. With the metallic paint (not flat) it looks super super sharp.

Sponsored

JL ME

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys ,2006 Roadking , 2008 Hayabusa
Occupation
Industrial Maintenance
i have granite but if i had to do it over i would go with sarge green.
Jeep Wrangler JL White, Silver, Sting-Gray or Granite? Convince Me thumbnail_20220320_151703

Smitty1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
The only two colors you should be looking at Blue or Red! You have to see the blue in person, it takes on a richer look in the shade. The firecracker red is also a color that photos donā€™t do it justice, itā€™s super bright! Jeep is fun, the colors you picked belong on sedan, maybe Honda. Just busting your chops, you know itā€™s going to look great, whatever color you pick. Good luck!

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

When I started looking at 'colors' for my JLR I was thinking white, grey, silver, black. Yeah same as I have had for multiple cars going back 20+ years.

Have you looked around? Driving around on the freeway or parking lot... yep 50 shades of gray regardless of vehicle and brand... and very few with an actual color. BORING!

I didn't want to be too flashy... I'm a conservative type so I went with Snazzberry which I absolutely love! Otherwise the Hydro Blue would have worked for me.

Go for it... get a color!!! Our natural world is full of it... do your part.

SJSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee
Sting gray. Itā€™s creamy. Itā€™s sophisticated. Itā€™s not metallic. Itā€™s imposing. It looks great with black accents.

Didnā€™t give white or silver a second of consideration. White gives business/fleet vehicle vibes and silver is too light and just looksā€¦.cheap? Unfinished?

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I wanted Gobi, but it didnā€™t work out for me. I was going to go white with black hard top with XR, but when I ordered, XR was not available, so I went with color choice 3 and a color matched top. That color....silver. I wanted a lighter color than my last Jeep (steel blue) and I have always like the silver with a matching top in a 4 door. Also, there are very few silver Jeeps out here where I am. Black, white, and the grey colors are dominant. Get what speaks to you and have back up plans if a wrench gets thrown in the works. I am excited to get my silver Jeep, even though it was plan C.

Sponsored

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I have the sarge green and love it. It also changes color depending if your in the sun or shade. Had 6 white vehicles, so no more white especially on a jeep, just don't like it on a jeep. Don't like the stingray, every mfg is making a similar color these days. The granite, no, to much like a piece of charcoal.

I had a chance to see the silver on a bran new Rubicon when I was in SC. Wow, spectacular silver I have to say. I am not even a silver fan but the silver they put on the jeeps is really nice and I don't see that many of them.

Last edited:

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Never considered the half-door issues with colors. Are half-doors harder to get for certain colors?
When I ordered the half doors were not available in all colors. Not sure if that is still true. Having said that, I probably wouldnā€™t have ordered the half doors either!

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
My Seusical approach to Jeep colors:

Some like green, some like blue.
Some like Jeeps with a reddish hue.
On the trails or in the hood,
All Jeep colors look better than good.
But if you must pick one color today,
It must be Sting Gray all the way!

Iā€™ll have some green eggs nā€™ ham now if you please šŸ˜Š

Last edited:

Shermanj33p

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High Tide Edition
Sting gray would be my choice out of your options...but, I think that High Velocity is the clear winner! It's such a happy color!!
Sponsored