American Adventurist

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Thanks, I should have clarified what I was asking. I can see that it bolts to the jeep, but where exactly does it bolt to on the frame? Is there any drilling required? Do they bolt to the bottom of the frame as well?

I guess I have to find someone with a lighter color Jeep because the trail armor is hard to see in your picture. Dark jeep, dark armor.
For the main bolts there is no drilling required. For the two optional bolts, pilot holes are required for the included self tappers. Yes they bolt to the bottom as well in a couple spots. Very secure with no chance of flexing no into the rockers.
Sponsored

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Do these clear rubicon rock rails, or do they need to be taken off?

Jcjohnson3

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I’ve been going back and forth between these and the ACE sliders. Question, when I look at the order page for these it asks for either stock or 1” body lift? I have a stock 2019 rubi so I would guess I would pick stock, but if I go the 1” would I be able to keep the existing rubi rails on to cover the pinch seam?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
@American Adventurist

How did you get a full set if dimpled step plate? I've been emailing them back and forth and they said they only offer the dimpled step plate for the front and rear and that it doesn't cover the entire slider. Did you pay extra?

OP
OP
American Adventurist

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
@American Adventurist

How did you get a full set if dimpled step plate? I've been emailing them back and forth and they said they only offer the dimpled step plate for the front and rear and that it doesn't cover the entire slider. Did you pay extra?
I know the owner :)

Sponsored

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
Lucky you. They said they would make a set for me at a 20* angle but I'd also like a the dimpled step plate the entire length.
Just call them, they're really nice and super friendly. But it's a small business and deal with a lot of tire kickers over email.

I’ve been going back and forth between these and the ACE sliders. Question, when I look at the order page for these it asks for either stock or 1” body lift? I have a stock 2019 rubi so I would guess I would pick stock, but if I go the 1” would I be able to keep the existing rubi rails on to cover the pinch seam?
I have been too. Like Dave, we know them. They're a sponsor. And they've been fantastic and we run their sliders on our Power Wagon. But, I spent 5 days riding with a buddy in his Jeep with the ACE Night Runner Slider Armor and I'm seriously leaning more and more that way.

Ace is another fantastic company though. I just ordered their new JL Expedition Series Stubby bumper.

I'm really stuck on the fence about the Jeep. I've been thinking about doing a theme where the Jeep & Power Wagon are similar. In terms of both running White Knuckle sliders and AEV wheels. But..... I dunno. Man, I just dunno. Those Night Runners are nice.

Sorry, I'm no help to your decision making. LOL :p

Jcjohnson3

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
My biggest issue is how the ACE bolts on. It’s a good solid point but don’t want to break the body bolts off taking them out. The white knuckle sure look cool and not as many people running them.

2019 JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have been running the 45 degree ones all summer and they are the strongest and best looking ones I have seen for the JL, I run hard rock trails and all they show are some scratches.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I have been running the 45 degree ones all summer and they are the strongest and best looking ones I have seen for the JL, I run hard rock trails and all they show are some scratches.
Have any pictures of your sliders since they've been well used?

Sponsored

nanu

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey Rubicon JLU, 1983 CJ7
1. How well do they cover the pinch seam?

No slider will "cover" the pinch seam, that's why I added the Bushwacker stuff to cover it up and protect that area (I don't think it looks very good with the OEM rails removed as that lower rocker/pinch area has some spot welds and holes etc)

2. How do they attach and can you take some pictures?

They bolt on, see pics in first post. 6 bolts per side (optional 8 per side).

3. It looks like you have the Bushwacker trailarmor too. Can you a side shot of your jeep? I have a white JLUR so I'd like to see how this would look.

Here is the side shot again:

08EBFE85-F0D8-482A-BB31-DC161CF1989D_jpeg.jpg
Looks Great! How do you like the Bushwacker trail armor? Is it holding up? Havent seen that before, looks like a great option to hide the pinch seam. Thanks for the idea!

OP
OP
American Adventurist

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Looks Great! How do you like the Bushwacker trail armor? Is it holding up? Havent seen that before, looks like a great option to hide the pinch seam. Thanks for the idea!
Thanks. The Bushwacker stuff is "ok", but it rubs the bottom of the doors slightly which while not a huge issue it kills my OCD knowing the paint is being abraded. I plan on pulling it off and just doing Line-X in that area.

nanu

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey Rubicon JLU, 1983 CJ7
Thanks for the quick response. That's another good idea. I was thinking either paint or vinyl tape.

Okietryon

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, F350
Do these clear rubicon rock rails, or do they need to be taken off?
Hello. We just picked up our JLU Rubicon and was wondering if you ever found out if these can be installed with existing rail. If so, can you post a picture?

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Hello. We just picked up our JLU Rubicon and was wondering if you ever found out if these can be installed with existing rail. If so, can you post a picture?
I never followed up. Sliders dipped in priority ATM. I’d hit up their site and contact someone to see if we can close out this query. I’m still curious about it.
Sponsored