Sponsored

White Knuckle Off Road sliders + MetalCloak Undercloak skid plates

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Recently had delivered some amazing rock sliders from White Knuckle Off Road. These suckers are beefy, frame mounted sliders that can support the weight of my JLUR, as they should. I ordered the 45 degree version that is less of a step, but hugs the pinch seam and door panel really well and I just love how it looks. They also are shaped with a kick out at the rear end of them so any rock you’re stuck against gets directed under the tire rather than ripping off your fender.

Only issue I had is that they share a mounting point with my MetalCloak skid plates, where the original skid crossmember used to be. The bad news: only real way to have them share the bolt hole is to loosen the skid plate and remove that bolt, and mount the sliders between the plate and the frame. This creates a 3/16” gap between the plates and the frame, rather than cinched up tight to the body as before. Good news is: A 3/16” washer on the other frame bolts can even out any tension in the skid. Pictures can probably explain that better than words.

I’ll post pics as soon as I can, but I felt some people might like to know that these two items can be mounted together without any serious modifications required, so long as you don’t mind a tiny gap above the skid plate lip.
Sponsored

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I've been eyeing these sliders up for a while now. If you could grab some pictures of the mounts and such that'd be awesome! Thanks for the heads up with the interference with the skids!

How long did they take to get shipped from when you ordered the sliders?

OP
OP
ChaosFromTejas
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I've been eyeing these sliders up for a while now. If you could grab some pictures of the mounts and such that'd be awesome! Thanks for the heads up with the interference with the skids!

I hope these pics are clear enough, I tried to show all the mounts on each side. These were taken before I put spacers in, just to show what I mean about there being a gap after the sliders were mounted.

The spacers I added are just standard 3/16” washers, same thickness as the mounting brackets on the sliders.

I believe it took just under 10 weeks the day I ordered, to when they shipped, then another 2 days UPS ground from California to Texas.

They were easy enough to mount, but I would DEFINITELY get an extra set of hands to help out since they are heavy and cumbersome. I used jack stands to help hold them in place, but an extra helper will do wonders for your sanity. Sorry I didn’t get any pics of the before shots, I just mounted and moved on, but the front mounts require two small plates with welded nuts to be placed inside the frame rail through some drain holes then bolted into, and the back passenger requires a plate skid down between the gas tank and frame rail. The rest are either factory holes, or a long bolt through the frame rail which is easy enough.

Sorry for the long reply, just trying to get all the info out on the table. Very, very pleased with the sliders. Super heavy duty, and I was able to lift my Jeep with a hi-lift jack until the front tire was off the ground, just using the slider alone, so they’ll support the weight of the Jeep.
Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have more questions

95E0506A-A6E6-40BB-BA51-4CD1FBEAB9CA.jpeg

F144CD52-BCAC-41B4-A817-32653791523D.jpeg

649D4525-3F97-44F1-AF22-34C28B58D4D9.jpeg

DC705196-D2D8-4510-95FC-B54BDE0E9D81.jpeg

8F008007-8F0E-4C0E-A88A-69AD73DC8AF7.jpeg

AA7DAB83-BBCB-446D-BB54-93165D674532.jpeg

E32E8628-1D9A-4C86-956C-636E62F22055.jpeg

97EFF891-DBE8-4880-A442-9C20305972BD.jpeg

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That’s great! Thanks for the words and the reply, that pushed me over the edge on them then, that’s what I’ll be going with, a shame it took ten weeks to ship...

OP
OP
ChaosFromTejas
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the style you order or anything, since you can choose the strength of steel, and whether or not you want them powder coated or just raw steel.

I highly recommend that before you order, give them a call just to be sure. It sounds like it used to be around 6 weeks for shipping, but they may have slowed down due to Covid, or possibly just getting more and more popular so they're getting swamped with orders.

Either way, they're well worth the wait!

Sponsored

_tarabusaw

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the style you order or anything, since you can choose the strength of steel, and whether or not you want them powder coated or just raw steel.

I highly recommend that before you order, give them a call just to be sure. It sounds like it used to be around 6 weeks for shipping, but they may have slowed down due to Covid, or possibly just getting more and more popular so they're getting swamped with orders.

Either way, they're well worth the wait!
Do you need to remove oem rock rails? Or theres an option to keep it?

OP
OP
ChaosFromTejas
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Do you need to remove oem rock rails? Or theres an option to keep it?
It looks like if you go with the 90 degree options you can keep the oem rails, but the 45 degree options definitely have to have them removed. The rail hugs too close to the body for the oem rails to stay put.
Sponsored