Sponsored

White Knuckle Frame Mount Rock Sliders Exposed Pinch Seam

Roverboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Installed a pr of White Kuckle fame mount rock sliders. Needed a stout frame mount slider that could be used as a functional step and mounted with out having to remove the body bolts.

These have a full top plate which has proven to be a great step and keeps a lot of the rocks from flinging up on the door hinges and rear fenders. They also have a kick out at the rear to help clear rocks and trees in tight situations.

Of course now the pinch seam is exposed. I decided to do something different other than painting the seam black. I picked up some stainless HDW to use in the holes left after removing the Rubi rails and painted it white to match the Jeep. I like it :)
Jeep Wrangler JL White Knuckle Frame Mount Rock Sliders Exposed Pinch Seam White Knuckle Off Road Sliders 032322 01.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL White Knuckle Frame Mount Rock Sliders Exposed Pinch Seam Pinch Seam 01 073022
Jeep Wrangler JL White Knuckle Frame Mount Rock Sliders Exposed Pinch Seam Pinch Seam 02 073022
Jeep Wrangler JL White Knuckle Frame Mount Rock Sliders Exposed Pinch Seam Jeep 01 073122
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I’ve been eyeballing white knuckle sliders for a while. Let me know what you think after clanking them on some rocks. :)

li like what you did with the pinch seam, looks good. Is the seam a consistent thickness all the way across? I was thinking plastic edging might work also and it can be ordered with different colors and textures.

https://www.trimlok.com/plastic-extrusion/edge-trim/custom

OP
OP
Roverboy

Roverboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’ve been eyeballing white knuckle sliders for a while. Let me know what you think after clanking them on some rocks. :)

li like what you did with the pinch seam, looks good. Is the seam a consistent thickness all the way across? I was thinking plastic edging might work also and it can be ordered with different colors and textures.

Thanks! They are stout already used and you can lift the side of the jeep with a hi lift no problem

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Bushwacker trail armor door plates

Look at these, they go all the way to the pinch weld.

OP
OP
Roverboy

Roverboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Bushwacker trail armor door plates

Look at these, they go all the way to the pinch weld.
Tx looked at those and the Rugged Ridge ones but decided I didn't want to tape anything to the vehicle. I'm in the salt belt here and was concerned about corrosion.

Sponsored

vaJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I thought they offered it so that you can keep the rubi rails mounted?

OP
OP
Roverboy

Roverboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I thought they offered it so that you can keep the rubi rails mounted?
They might have both options, don't know. I didn't want to keep the stock rails in place.

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
Looks like your running the rusty's rear stubby with corner protectors. Looks great! I have the same setup... so of course I'm going to say that.

what size tires are you running and what did you have to do to fit the spare? My stock 32 just fits to the slope of the bumper.

OP
OP
Roverboy

Roverboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looks like your running the rusty's rear stubby with corner protectors. Looks great! I have the same setup... so of course I'm going to say that.

what size tires are you running and what did you have to do to fit the spare? My stock 32 just fits to the slope of the bumper.

I'm running an AEV Dualsport 2.5" lift with stock size 285/70R17 BFG KM2 MT's. Spare fit exactly as it did with the factory plastic bumper, no mods required.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Love that idea but looks like you have to buy in bulk. I don't need 250ft of it at $189 :)

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Lol good point. Afterwards I was thinking it may also collect dirt and water. I like these sliders though and I think I’d go angled up so I thing the seam would be more hidden anyway.