Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Nice work ...

What bracket/mount have you used to place the Control Panel above the mirror
I just used the bracket that came with the ham radio head. And thank you.

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm still here. Have done a few updates, need to add them as I get time, lol. Most recent mods were Mopar LED headlights, 8.4 upgrade and a Yeti track bar. I loved the headlights I had, with the RGB function and awesome lifetime warranty from High Beam Offroad (still highly recommend). However, got an unexpected opportunity for the factory ones, that are just that much better to my eyes. The RK track bar is going in the wife's Jeep. She had a little precursor DW. Just had the recall done for her. But going to throw that on anyway, can't hurt to do it right first.

Also switching out bumpers. I went with several options. When I got the GoRhino, there weren't a lot of options. Now there are quite a few more. My wish list this time had the following requirements:

Factory fog light provision
Recessed winch mount
Convertible between stubby and full width if possible

Finally decided on the SmittyBilt Stryker. Now yes, I prefer american made, and american metal. However, I just could not find one that was exactly what I liked. This one fits the bill for me. Will post a picture when I get it installed.

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Installed the SmittyBilt Stryker bumper finally. Fit and finish are great. Instructions left a little to be desired. But very pleased other than that. Both the stubby and the full versions look great in my opinion. Switching between stubby and full is quick with an impact driver. Now to get more lights to fill those holes!

20191208_104751.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
An unexpected change happened. So now its time to close this and start a new build thread. Some stuff will be moved over, some won't. Introducing my dream Jeep. I have always wanted a Rubicon to start a build with. Thanks to all that have followed and commented on my build. Next one will be much slower, since the Rubicon comes built nicely already.

Rub.jpg

BearcatMLA

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep 3.0L diesel granite crystal metallic
Trying out a dashcam. Wanted one with parking protection. And alerts from thievery and such sent to my phone. Also wanted one that didn’t stick out, as a potential allure for thieves.

So far, the Raven dash cam seems to fit the bill. It is large, but doesn’t look like a GPS or dash cam. Looks to me like it could be part of the vehicle. Has a 4G connection , so can send me alerts, and I can check it anytime. Is a GOS tracker for Jeep as well.

Does a bunch of other stuff that I probably won’t use. Any of your ODB stuff. Diagnostics, different system temps, turn by turn navigation Display is configurable. Videos outside and in cabin. Accessible via cloud. But can also pull full videos from the camera storage itself via USB of SD card if you want.

Jeep Wrangler JL White Jl Sport S Rub
Are you still using your Raven dash cam? I had a truck stolen about a month ago and have been looking for a system like this to install in my new truck and Jeep. I wonder if there are jammers that can disable the Raven like they disabled the OnStar on my Denali.

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Are you still using your Raven dash cam? I had a truck stolen about a month ago and have been looking for a system like this to install in my new truck and Jeep. I wonder if there are jammers that can disable the Raven like they disabled the OnStar on my Denali.
I am still using it. Love it. I'm sure it could be jammed, it just uses an AT&T cell connection.

Sorry to hear that for you. I know how much it socks.
Sponsored