First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Just do it. Someone has to. I’m thinking the rock rails and wheels should be white too, you need the white accents down low for the penguin look. Besides, Jeep made black CJs with white wheels and tops back in the 70s. A white top would only work with white wheels. But the penguin look would be lost.

If you did a white top, You could have black and white hair on hide cowhide seat covers made though. I should probably stop now.
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Nah doesn't work for me. Just opinion though you do your Jeep bro.

Not terrible the more I look at it the more I like it. Who knows.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
If you are going to do it you should go all the way and make it a white angry grill. Folks love angry grills. ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
One thing I always liked about the Wrangler is the monochromatic grille. I prefer it body color. :)

FerrdIsTheWord

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just got a grill from a friend, and I was thinking along the lines of going with the red from the Rubicon lettering (vs white). But someone in the thread mentioned dark grey........ and that sounds pretty hot too.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hmmmm. No. White is just never used as an accent color on vehicles. Sometimes you see white leather seats on luxury cars, but that’s about it.

It might work if you have white Willys decals made and get white Jeep emblems for the sides of the fenders, maybe a white 4 wheel drive decal on the back. If the seats are tan, forget it. Black Katzkins with white stitching, white seat belts and white dash board panels. You could call it Orca (Free Willys), Puffin or Penguin.

A better contrast for black is silver or metallic gray.
I agree a better contrast for a black JL is silver, metallic gray, or even matte black. Matte black would match and pick up well with the matte black WILLYS lettering on the hood, black fenders, and black hard top or black soft top.

Remember the white wheels on cars back in the 80's, the Miami Vice era?
Jeep Wrangler JL White grille, Black Jeep? Any thoughts Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.16.07 AM

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This would look great on a Chief with the white hardtop. But if you like it, then go for it!
My first Wrangler was a very early "97 TJ. It was Lapis Blue with a White soft top.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I do really hope I can find a new take off white grille for $42~
I see your in Chicago? I live in Chicago also and just took off my brand new White grill off my Rubicon. Not $42 bucks but for sale at a very fair price...Took it off at 200 miles and replaced it with a Mopar Matte Black grill. It's like new. Very easy to install, about 10-15 minutes of work.

Last edited:

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
If you are going to do it you should go all the way and make it a white angry grill. Folks love angry grills. ;)
Dammit, you beat me to that one :LOL:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely looks like you damaged your original grill and bought a mismatched replacement from an auto salvage yard for $42 and then saved money by not having it painted to match.
Funny? I have a white JLR and installed a Mopar Black Matte grill. Someone asked me if it was primer and needed paint. :LOL:

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Just order a new jeep weeks ago, an idea is coming up: What if I put the white rubicon grill on black Willys trim? I tried to search the forum but couldn't find anyone who has done this before, so I photoshopped it and tried to visualize my idea. Thoughts? Dope or Nope.

Top off, half doors on
Jeep Wrangler JL White grille, Black Jeep? Any thoughts Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.16.07 AM

Top off, doors off

Top on, doors on
Wow-honestly it would be your choice and if you like it go for it try red in my thought's, I actually did this too my TJ in my wilder days. chicks dug it. lol
Sponsored