White 1-ton JL Build

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Awesome!! This is what I’m doing with my sport.

Did you take anything out of the transfer case since FAD is gone? I know Dynatrac did on their JL as a precaution. Something with syncro’s.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BeardJL

BeardJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JKU Rubicon
Awesome!! This is what I’m doing with my sport.

Did you take anything out of the transfer case since FAD is gone? I know Dynatrac did on their JL as a precaution. Something with syncro’s.
Haven't had any issues. I have the tazer programmer hooked up so all the factory rubicon functions are disabled to not cause issues when running aftermarket axles.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
The Spod Bantam system also went in nicely. Got my lockers hooked up not to get my rock lights and other offroad lights hooked up to this bad boy!
20180619_184201.jpg
20180619_184113.jpg
20180619_184417.jpg
@BeardJL Looks INCREDIBLE! Questions:
1) Where did you mount your SPOD Bantam
2) Is the SPOD lcd switch controller on your dash distracting?
3) I'm new to lockers and I see you have a Rubicon, so why are you using your SPOD to switch lockers?

Thank you so much for your help.

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta (JL in the Plans)
3) I'm new to lockers and I see you have a Rubicon, so why are you using your SPOD to switch lockers?

For number three, check the first post. He no longer has stock axles. He is running 60s.

JeepOn

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, RAM 3500, E350 Benz
For number three, check the first post. He no longer has stock axles. He is running 60s.

It is my understanding that the Eaton lockers that Dana installs in the 60s are plug and play. So its possible that either the original switches can be used to control the lockers or aftermarket ones depending on how the user wanted to set it up.

Sponsored

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta (JL in the Plans)
It is my understanding that the Eaton lockers that Dana installs in the 60s are plug and play. So its possible that either the original switches can be used to control the lockers or aftermarket ones depending on how the user wanted to set it up.
Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
BeardJL

BeardJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks the spod system is awsome.

1) Where did you mount your SPOD Bantam- I mounted the Bantam on top of my fuse box.
2) Is the SPOD lcd switch controller on your dash distracting?- It's not distracting at all. One touch and the screen shuts off and on as needed.
3) I'm new to lockers and I see you have a Rubicon, so why are you using your SPOD to switch lockers?- I no longer have factory axles or lockers. I have dana 60 1-ton axles with eaton e-lockers so they had to be wired to an alternate source.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

OP
OP
BeardJL

BeardJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are not plug and play for the JL, that's not to say they wouldn't be in the future. I perfer them to be controlled externaly rather than have the restrictions when hooked up to factory harness.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks the spod system is awsome.

1) Where did you mount your SPOD Bantam- I mounted the Bantam on top of my fuse box.
2) Is the SPOD lcd switch controller on your dash distracting?- It's not distracting at all. One touch and the screen shuts off and on as needed.
3) I'm new to lockers and I see you have a Rubicon, so why are you using your SPOD to switch lockers?- I no longer have factory axles or lockers. I have dana 60 1-ton axles with eaton e-lockers so they had to be wired to an alternate source.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Haven't had any issues. I have the tazer programmer hooked up so all the factory rubicon functions are disabled to not cause issues when running aftermarket axles.
I also just realized that you have locking hubs so your front driveshaft wont be spinning just like if FAD was still there. So the transfer case does not care that FAD is gone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeardJL

BeardJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also just realized that you have locking hubs so your front driveshaft wont be spinning just like if FAD was still there. So the transfer case does not care that FAD is gone.
Yes with the locking hubs it still has the same effect as the FAD had in stock form, however I just needed to use the tazer programmer to deactivate the FAD function to eliminate all warning lights on the dash after disconnected.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
The Artec fender liners really finish things off nice and fit perfectly! Not sure if I will leave them raw or paint them yet.
20180619_183453.jpg
20180619_183453.jpg
20180619_183510.jpg
I might have missed this somewhere. Did you post anything on what you did to your fenders? Are those still your stock fenders with just the black part and light removed?
Sponsored